Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fever  (Read 1270 times)

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fever
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:01:45 pm »

So right now I have a fever and I've never posted here before and I remembered this was a place so I was like "hey I should post here one time" so I'm gonna post here one time.

I'm not really sure how I got this fever. I think it's because in one of my uni classes I was sharing a chicken sandwich between like four friends. There is so much heat RADIATING off of my body right now, you have no idea.

I really don't feel well right now. I don't even know what this thread is about to be honest. I don't think it's really about the fever.

I've been having a tough time and I really don't know what to do. I think I'm depressed. I have supportive friends, good school life, a roof over my head. So why do I feel this way?

My self-esteem is a dumpster fire. I don't like the way I look and I don't understand what others see in me. I've got an exercise routine entirely planned out and a goal in mind. The routine could definitely get me there, along with a diet. Yet I have no motivation to actually go through with it.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

It's so hot in here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Fever
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 11:17:03 pm »

A.) Make sure your okay, and if need be, arrange for someone to get you to el doctore.

B.) Self-esteem is tough. Honestly, I used to have very bad self-esteem too. In some parts of my life, it still is really bad, and prevents me from doing things I want to be doing, but in other cases I have overcome it. I wish there was some easy fix I could give you, but the truth is, outside of therapy, the only way for your self-esteem to get better is to get out of your comfort zone. You have to make a concerted effort to become the person you want to be, regardless of the person you are. It's difficult, which is exactly WHY you should do it. Do something that is hard for you, even something small, and you'll start to feel a little better about yourself.

And finally, don't be too hard on yourself dude. Life is tough yo.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 07:29:30 am »

Fever (and being sick in general) can really rain on your parade, once it passes you will feel much happier. You cannot fully assess whether you have low self esteem or not while ill because it messes with everything.

If its food poisoning from the chicken it should pass fast but it won't be nice, otherwise it could just be a normal virus or something, university, much like other educational establishments, tends to be rife with illnesses due to the diversity and quantity of people, on the other hand they also tend to be full of otherwise healthy young folks who can overcome illness with ease.
Universities also tend to have councillors who you can talk to and solve personal issues (hopefully) so if you still feel down after the fever has gone they might be some help.

Otherwise Urist's advice seems good to me.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 02:02:00 pm »

Sorry for bumping an old post. Uhh, I completely forgot I posted here haha.

Thanks for your responses, really. I've been feeling a lot better and the fever went away soon after I posted. My self-esteem is up and down since then, but overall I'd say it's gotten better. Funnily enough, the same night I posted there I found a girl on the internet who I've sort of become infatuated with. Don't know if I should make another post or just tell about it in here but uhh either way it's a pretty confusing and bittersweet situation.

Thanks again for your responses guys.