Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recaptcha isn't working  (Read 10126 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Recaptcha isn't working
« on: April 03, 2018, 02:13:08 am »

Dunno if this is the right place to post, but I was looking around the wiki and I found an outdated link (In advanced world generation) and wanted to change it but the recaptcha isn't working so I couldn't.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recaptcha isn't working
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 08:36:06 am »

This is an okay place. Are there any errors in the JavaScript console, or whatever its equivalent is in your browser?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:49:18 am »

I've seen reports of the reCAPTCHA announcing it would change version, perhaps end-of-March/beginning-of-April, so might not be the Wiki's fault, except for not being updated because the relevant admins wouldn't even see the message themselves (email notifications aside, and there's all kinds of reasons why those messages might be lost in amongst the spam).

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 08:52:45 am »

I've seen reports of the reCAPTCHA announcing it would change version, perhaps end-of-March/beginning-of-April, so might not be the Wiki's fault, except for not being updated because the relevant admins wouldn't even see the message themselves (email notifications aside, and there's all kinds of reasons why those messages might be lost in amongst the spam).
Yep, this is the thing...
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 09:13:20 am »

If you're referring to email notifications on the wiki being broken, that couldn't affect emails from Google to Locriani, or whoever's email is tied to reCAPTCHA. I don't know if he got an email about it. I'll try to see what our other options with the captcha extension are.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 09:19:57 am »

I was just referring to semi-throwaway-addresses used with the 'subscription' to the CAPTCHA, not often checked, or (if not) a mailbox used to receive so many random announcements that a badly-worded announcement gets lost/overlooked/spam-foldered.

Anyway, in case it helps...

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 09:21:26 am »

This shows up whenever I try to edit anything

tachfor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 06:28:01 am »

I sent Locriani a PM here and on reddit. We'll see if he's checking either of those sources. According to his profile here, his preferred method of contact is editing his talk page on the wiki but... cannot exactly do that right now.

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:08:03 am »

We've been aware of this issue and have been working on fixing it for the last few weeks, but since it's a volunteer effort we've only really been able to dedicate time to it on the weekends.

We're pretty close to fixing this (and some outstanding issues) but it may be another week or two before it's entirely resolved.
I am one of many administrators of the wiki.  Please use my user page (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User_talk:Briess) on the wiki to contact me, as I check that more often than these forums.