Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: (IC)Altera Vita Academy- A Red Day  (Read 20380 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
(IC)Altera Vita Academy- A Red Day
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:31:17 pm »

(OOC here)

You wake up as if from a long sleep yet you don't feel tired at all. Either you have had plenty of rest or you are too confused by your surroundings to feel sleepy. You appeared to be inside a bedroom whose furniture and decorations are tailored to your tastes. You are also confused by what you're currently wearing, a white and gold school uniform with black trimmings. Getting a feel for your surroundings, you noticed a letter and a strange gem on your dresser. The letter's contents left you even more confused than ever. This isn't the sort of afterlife you'd envisioned when you were alive nor was it anything you were brought up to believe. In fact, you felt conflicted, even worried, about what you will face here. Maybe this is the second life you would come to love or maybe you shouldn't have died. Regardless, the questions will have to wait until you meet this "Madeline T. Goldenchilde' woman.

Grabbing the 'weapon assembling gem', you thought about the kind of weapon you would like to have. The strange crystal emitted a subtle ringing before giving out a flash of multicolored light. Immediately, it begin to fold itself into various shapes, extending this part here and blossoming this part there. Finally, it formed into the weapon you'd envisioned. You then shuddered when a beam of light streaked out of the weapon and into your heart. As a cyan blob of light grew inside your chest, the beam faded into nonexistence but not before molding itself into the shape of a chain. The blob grew to the size of your fist and contracted rhythmically like a heart before fading away. However, not only do you feel connected to your weapon but you also begin to feel as if something has been awakened inside your very being, almost as if it's been latent your entire life... until now.

Satisfied, you exited the room and entered a large circular area lined with doors that lead to other rooms. Nearby, other people of various ages are holding strange weapons. By their confused stares, you deducted that they are more or less in the same predicament as you. Perhaps they too are searching for answers and a purpose.

In the center of the area is a dais with golden trimmings. Sitting on its surface is a platform with a long row of rollers with numbers carved on their ivory surfaces. Though you only needed to input four numbers, you have a feeling that they are only part of the first step to understanding this second life even more... and to move on to your destiny.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:02:18 pm by Sir Elventide »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: (IC)Altera Vita Academy- School's in Session
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 10:27:48 pm »

Roland is awoken by a raven's cry. Uncomfortably close to his ears. A black bird is standing on the dresser, shuffling back and forth and looking at him expectantly.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 11:43:02 pm »

Jun walks out with a serious frown on her face, which twists into a look of pure confusion as she sees the group of strange individuals standing around the circular room. "So, I have no idea what's going on here. I hope one of you guys do." she says, looking around the room at her new compatriots and then over to the dais sitting in the middle.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 04:54:28 am »

Roland got up, groaning, reflexively clutching his side where he last had seen a scimitar enter before he... ended up here. Wherever it was.

"Of all the promises made of Paradise, this place looks like it answers to none. Was I not virtuous enough?"

Roland is awoken by a raven's cry. Uncomfortably close to his ears. A black bird is standing on the dresser, shuffling back and forth and looking at him expectantly.

"Hello there, bird. Are you here to guide me to Saint Peters? Because I don't much care for his antechamber right now." he said, while holding out and arm in case the animal wished to rest there.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 05:02:33 am »

The crow shakes its head side to side, but hops without hesitation onto Roland's arm when he offers it. In one of its talons it is holding a tiny silver cross on a chain, which it offers to Roland.

At that it points its head meaningfully towards the door.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 05:17:23 am »

The old crusader stares at the small gift for a second, before he holds it into his other hand and says: "Thank you. You're right, we should go check what that commotion in there is all about."

"You should have a name though. How aboooout... Corvo? You like that name, bird?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 05:20:34 am »

The bird tilts its head in confusion, already knowing its name, but nods nonetheless.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 05:53:15 am »

Metz would look to the set of rollers on the dais, and quietly move over to investigate them. four numbers? perhaps it wants a year.
Metz would input "1993" onto the rollers, provided he figured out how to operate them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 11:10:30 am »

Jun throws a sidelong look at the man having a conversation with a crow- wait, how did a crow end up here? Nevermind. -and follows Metz over to the dais. She stands a couple feet behind him, leaning off to one side to get a look at what he was doing.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 04:28:38 pm »

Sully reads and re-reads the letter until it is thoroughly creased, almost completely ignoring his - her, now, she could tell that much - surroundings. What a fine mess she'd ended up as. That was what happened when you stopped paying attention on the road though, she mused. Not that anyone would ever know, if she had anything to say about it. An unforgivable lapse of concentration, and one she'd take to her second grave, and beyond that if needed.

Well, that meant paying attention to what was going on starting now. Like, say, the guy messing with the podium. Probably not too dangerous to let him do it, but he seemed more like dumb muscle than anything else. Best to be careful.

"Hey, remember; One-Oh-Two-Three on the last four tumblers, leave everything else at zero."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 05:26:22 pm »

"Charlie you sonofabitch I swear to God if we make it out of this alive I will-" Wait. Where the hell was he? This ain't a chopper, or an infirmary, this is...   "Fuck!"
His voice. He just noticed, it sounded different, younger somehow. And his clothes were... is this a school uniform?
"Fuck!"
And then that letter, that gem, that dawning of his new purpose, sure let's call it purpose. He reads the letter again, just to be sure. Nope, definitely read it read the first pass.
"Fuck! No! Nononono! This can't be happening right now! You have got to be fucking- What kind of Harry Potter bullshit is- Is this Hell? This is Hell isn't it? Was it the firecrackers? I said I was sorry!"

Eventually Clint exited his room, looking to all the world like a man marching to the scaffolds.1023 right? He glances around trying to make sense of this fresh hell and the rest of damned gathering here.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:34:23 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 10:44:05 pm »

Metz would look to the set of rollers on the dais, and quietly move over to investigate them. four numbers? perhaps it wants a year.
Metz would input "1993" onto the rollers, provided he figured out how to operate them.

Suddenly, the dais hummed to life. Immediately, you became wreathed in a cocoon of light before being transported elsewhere. To your fellow students, you simply breezed into the dais and disappeared with a great whoosh. To you; however, you find yourself being sent flying through a tunnel of multicolored lights. Voices, which presumably belonged to others travelling though other tunnels within the ether, echoed all around you. However, you couldn't make any of them out. Even if you could, you wouldn't have time to do so before being deposited at your destination.

Getting your bearings, you find yourself surrounded in a cyan haze with electricity crackling in the air. Ahead of you, as far as your eyes can see, you can see what appeared to be gigantic cylindrical towers connected to each other by large tubing and decorated with lightning rods and tesla coils. Each tower was belching out huge volumes of a strange cyan-colored smoke from their tops, which was feeding into a massive thunderstorm raging above your head. Every ten seconds, a torrent of blue lightning bolts streaked down from the tumultuous 'sky' and into the lightning rods, with stray bolts being redirected to the rods by the tesla coils. However, for some reason there was no thunder. Either whoever in charge of this operation has installed some sort of sound-dampening system or this thunderstorm is truly unnatural. Based on this observation, you were able to deduct that this was a massive power plant that's presumably supplying power to this 'Altera Vita Academy' or at least a section of it if what the letter said holds true... if you read it in the first place. Have you even read the letter?

At the base of the nearest tower were several humanoid shapes, milling around in various tasks. As you continued to watch them, one of them noticed you. Suddenly, the figure spouted wings of light and flew toward you faster than your eye can blink and landed about three meters away. Now that the figure was close enough, you can make out it appearance. The figure looks for all intent and purposes like a young adult human male with neck-length, silver spiky hair. He wore a white, long-sleeved shirt with gold trimming on the cuffs, a golden vest with decorative patterns on its surface that matched the ones on his gold tie, black slacks, and black leather shoes. However, his face was expressionless and his skin appeared to have a strange sheen to it as if he wasn't entirely human, just in case you haven't already figured that out. He is completely unarmed while you have a weapon, though who can say that those wings are the only things he can summon.

"This is a restricted area per Headmistress Madeline's orders. Only permitted personnel are allowed access here," the strange man spoke in an airy monotone, a sound that reminds you of air being blown into an empty jug. His silver eyes continued to bore into you. "Please show me your identification and permit."

You reeeeeaaaaaally should've read the letter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 07:48:39 am »

"sorry sir, I'm new here, musta made a mistake on the numbers. Mind sending me back or to this audi-torium that I need to get to?"
be quiet, polite and respectful. Hopefully they will get me out of this mess if I'm nice.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 08:29:32 am »

"sorry sir, I'm new here, musta made a mistake on the numbers. Mind sending me back or to this audi-torium that I need to get to?"
be quiet, polite and respectful. Hopefully they will get me out of this mess if I'm nice.

The man stares at you for a solid minute, as if trying to figure out whether you're lying or not. Finally, he replied, "Altera Vita Academy has over 5,000 auditoriums, each assigned a number. Which one are you're trying to go?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 08:49:29 am »

Taking the piece of paper in his hand while he looks around the room where a bloke just disappeared himself after fiddling with the thingie in the middle, Roland sighs and shows it to his animal companion. Reading had never been his strong suit. Or his suit at all, really.

"Say, bird, can you make heads or tails of this?"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12