Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: (IC)Altera Vita Academy- A Red Day  (Read 20430 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (IC)Altera Vita Academy- A Red Day
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2018, 03:33:46 pm »

Lemmy taps the bracelet.

"Use your bracelent, not me."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2018, 03:58:45 pm »

((Wait, this is still a thing? Wow, right, just gonna wing it for now.))

"You wanna go scout the area for a bit?" Roland asked his bird companion.

Try to figure out how these infernal contraptions work. Do I need to use the bracelet as a sort of horn and yell into it at high volume while holding it in front of my mouth? Yeah, that sounds about right, try that. You can roll a die to see who gets targeted for spittle-filled Roland yelling in their direction.

Also charisma-roll fellow troopers into zealous fury if that is a thing I can do.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2018, 03:59:03 pm »

”I’ll use my bracelet for less immediate targets, friend. I need you to ensure nothing gets the drop on us.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2018, 11:36:09 pm »

Lemmy looks at Metz's single-shot direct-fire weapon.

"No, I'm not standing behind you so that I can get shot in the front when something sneaky comes around.  I want to see the enemy in some way or some form."

"Find someone who is good at that.  And use the damn bracelet so whoever is watching your back can shout out if killed silently.  I think you might be looking at the enemy, not your friend standing behind you."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 12:00:16 am by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2018, 11:59:07 pm »

Lemmy looks at Metz's single-shot direct-fire weapon.

"No, I'm not standing behind you so that I can get shot in the front when something sneaky comes aroundt.  I want to see the enemy in some way or some form."

"Find someone who is good at that.  And use the damn bracelet so whoever is watching your back can shout out if killed silently.  I think you might be looking at the enemy, not your friend standing behind you."
”one, If you’re worried about me shooting you, I have a bayonet. Two, If you want to actually fight then you should have brought or made a weapon.
Three, I would rather not have people accusing you of sabotage after your stunt. Word spread fast, you know? So take it as a offer to cover for you if someone else tries to pin blame on you.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2018, 12:30:37 am »

"Maybe I should have made a weapon.  I could have made some poison gas, and found out these contorted are robots.  I could have made an armoured vest, and found out the enemy attacks with gravity weapons.  I could have made a gun and found out they're clouds of lightning."

"You have magic that makes whatever-the-fuck you do just work.  You freeze the enemy by holding up a stop sign?  It works.  You say harsh words that turn into agressive bird-monsters?  It works.  You paint things yellow and they become your mind-slaves?  It works.  I don't have that."

"If I want to do something, I need to know something about what I'm fighting, and then I can make a fucking decision that isn't just a blind guess.  I do know, that if I sit behind you, the only contorted I'll run into are the sneaky ones who get past the line, and I won't see a thing before my face gets eaten.  I have to look at the ones that aren't sneaky, and those will be in front of us, not in the rear."

"I'm not following your fucking orders, unless you pull your freaking gun, or you earn my respect."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2018, 12:48:20 am »

"Maybe I am being a bit too harsh, though, and you just want to help me by keeping me behind you as we go forwards.  I can see that, but it's not any good.  I want to show that asshole headmistress that she doesn't know thing one about fighting, and prove that you don't need some funky magic if you think your way through your problems.  I'm not going to prove that just following around other people with funky magic, and it's not going to help me."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2018, 12:55:06 am »

”Then at least scavenge a hatchet or something. I’ll cover for you if you bite off more than you can chew.
I feel like you’re overthinking the fight, at least in terms of what they can do, but having backup and a weapon of some sort is better than nothing at all.”

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2018, 01:25:40 am »

"It's not better.  That's what I'm trying to tell you.  Stuff here runs on magic.  I don't have magic.  A weapon doesn't do one damn thing for me.  I'd prove it by hitting you in the face with an axe for absolutely no damage, if I had one."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:27:52 am by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2018, 02:31:31 am »

”Let’s test that sometime later, when we arn’t going to dive into a life-threatening situation. Just find something to arm yourself with, even if it’s only worth a song and a prayer.”

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2018, 02:48:10 am »

"Do you know something I don't here?  Is there a reason why I should, specifically be armed?  Does me grabbing a twig or a pebble in some way change things?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:10:04 am by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2018, 03:00:06 am »

”Gives me more time to aim or jab whatever is attacking you if it doesn’t immediately rip off your limbs because you punched it in the face. That good enough for you?”

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2018, 03:13:39 am »

"No it isn't, because 'a weapon' in my hands doesn't do anything.  I thought you might have some ability or something that required me to be armed, or that made it detrimental that I don't have one.  But if you don't, you're just wasting my time."

"Now, are you going to let me go, or are you going to draw that gun because you're too damn lazy to find someone who can actually help you do your thing?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:01:54 am by Devastator »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2018, 07:24:33 am »

"Come now fellows, we're all (kinda) on the same side here." *puts his arms around both their shoulders, partially because he's tired. Lemmy will undoubtedly immediately shove him away, so Toby will lean on Metz*
"Metz, as far as I know Lemmy hates everyone. Or at least doesn't want to be friends with anyone. He doesn't have a weapon because he doesn't want one. He doesn't have a buddy because he doesn't want one. If he wants your help (he never will) he'll ask for it (he won't). I would advise leaving him to his tricks. Otherwise he'll find a creative way to deal with you." "Roland, comrade! You look like a crusader, which means you probably know some good songs! Tell me of them!"

*Toby walks away to talk with Roland, his gun transformed into a staff again, with him leaning heavily on it. He sparkles majestically as the sunlight hits him juuuuuust right.*
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:01:18 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2018, 11:20:20 am »

Do as the boss man says. And not as anyone else says, unless he tells me to.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12