Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interest check: Dragon Poker (Hoyle's Rules)  (Read 750 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Interest check: Dragon Poker (Hoyle's Rules)
« on: April 07, 2018, 02:47:11 pm »

I'm thinking of running a game of Dragon Poker here on the forums, play-by-post. Due to the game's rules changing with the conditions, this would not be a simple card game, but an experience of a fully described environment and developed characters, as well as events to shake things up every once in a while. I've not yet decided whether said environment would be a fantasy one or based on the real world (input welcome), but I do have a crude outline for a story to happen around the card table. Said story would be secondary to the game, of course; the characters are there to play cards and gamble, not to save damsels in distress.

This would take two to six players (though I'd prefer four) willing to commit to post on every betting round, preferably with in-character dialogue and action to keep the story flowing. Is this an idea worth developing?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Dragon Poker (Hoyle's Rules)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 11:50:09 am »

I think it's an idea worth pursuing. I'm certainly interested in playing. The whole mythos element gives me the same sort of vibes as Xorvintaal.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Dragon Poker (Hoyle's Rules)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »

It's been a week. I'll bump this once, but I'll see about coming up with something else, if this doesn't find traction.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.