Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Short fun fact  (Read 1045 times)

JezaGaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Short fun fact
« on: May 28, 2018, 05:38:44 pm »

So Today I had the visit of a forgotten beast in my lowest cavern layer. I have a magma trap set up but unfortunately because of a mistake of my part it's not easily accessible to them so it takes a bit of time for the lure of the wooden door and the sacrificial pig to attract the problematic guests into it.

I keep an eye on the battle messages to see if the beast has attacked my pig, normally I have doors in between and the breaking of those is my alarm system to know when the beast is heading towards the trap but in the hustle and bustle  of the daily life it has happened that I miss the message.

I check the hundredth message of what I think will be the beast eating stuff downstairs,  crundles mainly at the moment and am very surprised to see on the main list : "the crundle Mamgoztan is fighting"
Well I think he managed to kill someone before coming to visit, wow what an achievement for a crundle, I'm curious to know how it happened.
Sad that his life will end now after he managed to get himself a name and all.

I was already planning to export legends and try to find out when checking the detail of the fight with the forgotten beast and saw something I never thought I would :
 "The crundle punches the forgotten beast in the lower body with her left hand but the attack glances away
The crundle scratches the forgotten beast in the head and the injured part is torn apart"

I'm still trying to pick my jaw from the ground, that beast had been destroying crundles and reachers and other stuff down there for more than a week ingame time, it was a webbing his prey left and right and tearing them apart in a couple of hits without taking any damage and this little crundle managed to take it down in one scratch without getting hurt whatsoever in the process....

Now I wish it were possible to train crundles for war, forget dogs or even grizzly bears !

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Short fun fact
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:04:01 pm »

RNG has some truly wondrous moments. Do you still have the information on what body type the forgotten beast was based on and what it was made of?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:53:42 pm »

Top tier crundle, now make statues of it and place them around the fort, that is your duty now

SoggyGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • Some call them clowns... I call them bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 06:53:03 am »

Sure, but was the Forgotten Beast made of steam or water or something like that? Those guys never last long.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:29 pm »

Could you show the legends mode entry of that crundle? I want to see what it did to get its name in the first place.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."