Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little things I've done.  (Read 1464 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Little things I've done.
« on: December 13, 2018, 01:19:10 pm »

I'll post a few things I've done in here. It's most likely to be maps and videos.

First video is a little thing I've done for a school project. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ9zLkL8hYM
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
Re: Little things I've done.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 04:38:23 pm »

Hey cool! The Vietnam War has always been particularly interesting to me, just because of how it came to be and a lot of the perspectives involved, and in that era in general. I don't know too much but after watching some interviews with some troops I came to the conclusion that war is definitely scary, but not so much for the reasons commonly touted. Did you just find random clips or is there a theme? And how do you like OpenShot as a video editor? I hadn't heard of it before, gonna have to scope it out now. Was looking at Blender but... kind of daunting. Good luck with your future projects. :p
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:16:37 pm »

I've picked clips that formed a narrative I think encapsuled the war in the most characteristic way. The firefight depicted in the movie ends with an unsatisfying victory for the GIs, but it is fact pointless. No matter how many times they have those battles the war will go on regardless. I also wanted to portray the tensions with local Vietnamese with clips of them being ID'd and searched (though I had to cut some of those clips to match the screentime with the song.

I like OpenShot. It's very simple to use, the interface is intuitive, and even though some functions don't work and the whole program is a bit basic it did it's job quite nicely.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TWO CATATA

• Bay Watcher
  • twin kavat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 01:40:16 pm »

I was like.. huh... I know this song...

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2703584/filmotype/soundtrack

CTRL+F "worth" it was actually used in Tropic Thunder which was a parody of the vietnam war, it's great how it also works as a song for something more serious just as well equally.