Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: comrade shook draws things  (Read 21861 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
comrade shook draws things
« on: April 08, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »

... For you!

So yeah, i know i'm not the first one to make a thread like this, and i know there are a couple of threads for general (f)art sharing, and those threads are great and should absolutely keep going. So why am i being a special snowflake? WELL LET ME TELL YOU:

I've been doing a lot of thinking (and some writing) about who i am as a person and what kind of person i want to be. Long story short, based on various factors and feelings and the fact that i can't stand playing evil characters in video games, i've concluded that i look up to people like Bob Ross and Mr. Rogers. I know i'm probably a bit too temperamental and occasionally trollish to actually be truly like them, but dammit, i'm still going to at least try being a good person. :v

So, starting small on that with what i can do, i'm gonna offer you guys free requests for drawings, condensed in this thread because i don't want to spam the other threads. I'm not be the best around by a long shot (see: deviantart page in signature), but hey, it's good practice and you guys have some crazy and fun ideas from time to time. Here's how it's going to work for now: You come up with ideas, and i'll draw them as i see fit (which is USUALLY in line with intention). I may say no for any or no reason, but i hope not to do that too much. The amount of effort i put in will vary, from sketch to fully coloured and shaded, largely dependent on how i feel and how complex the request is, and the medium will be either digital or traditional by my own choice. Also, for now, no NSFW things will be done. You may also offer as much or little criticism as you want, though i'm probably not going to do any significant corrections on a drawing. (mostly due to how i work)

"But what's the hitch?" you ask wisely. Well, at most, it's that you may also have to contend with personal drawings in here. No true hitches besides that; all i want to do here is to have fun and make people happy, and while i'm at it, figure out if this really is what i want to do. I'd call it self-exploration but that sounds lewder than it is. :V

That being said (and i feel like there's absolutely no smooth way to approach this topic so i'm just gonna approach it with the subtlety of a jackhammer), i'm running out of money, so IF - AND ONLY IF - you're feeling super wealthy and find that you want to support me doing this, i just recently set up a Ko-fi page. You absolutely don't have to, and i feel like a shit for even mentioning it, but it would be super appreciated. I'm not doing this whole gig for money, there are FAR more lucrative ways to spend my time, it's just... Well, probing the waters, i guess? If you'd rather spend your money on actually important things (i.e. Toady), that is totally fine and fair.

Anyhoo, open fire lads and ladettes and alads!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: comrade shook draws things
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 04:39:06 pm »

Imma spectate comrade Shook cuz comrade Shook has some of funniest arts.

* Haspen smacks a post of spectating upon the thread.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:19:02 am »

...I have an oddly specific request, but I think you'll approve. Could I prevail upon you to depict

smacking someone on the head with a book with a skull on the cover? Make it as silly or unsilly as you like. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 01:45:57 am »

Oh hey it's another art thread to PTW-
WAIT. I get to request things? *evil laughter*

Draw doomguy punching an imp in the face with teeth flying out!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 10:16:04 am »

Spoiler: SKBOOM (click to show/hide)

Classic doomguy best doomguy, classic imp also best imp. :V

...I have an oddly specific request, but I think you'll approve. Could I prevail upon you to depict

smacking someone on the head with a book with a skull on the cover? Make it as silly or unsilly as you like. :P

I mean you did give me free reins on the silly. :P

Imma spectate comrade Shook cuz comrade Shook has some of funniest arts.

* Haspen smacks a post of spectating upon the thread.
Much thank, i hope not to disappoint TOO much. ;o
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 12:47:35 pm »

That is perfection. You are a marvel, tovarisch.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:52:41 pm »

Methinks Comrade Shook needs a proper CHALLENGE!

Few days later you appear at the gates of City of Blich (or what's left of it) with your royal entourage, and challenge the dragon to a duel!

The Dragon roars in a laughing manner but accepts the duel.

You charge against the dragon and poke his leg with a lance, and he breathes fire at your direction. The cloud of flames engulfs your horse and sears your legs and face and hands. You tumble from the horse and then roll away while the few courageous squires pap you with snow to extinguish the flames.

You and your entourage then outrun another fiery breath of the creature, while the dragon roars in amusement.

Either draw the entire comic or the bolded part.

I believe in u.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 06:12:27 pm »

Amazing doompunch, Shook.

Now for a break from hitting things in the face, draw The Raven.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 07:41:24 pm »

... Who? Also thank. c:

Methinks Comrade Shook needs a proper CHALLENGE!

Few days later you appear at the gates of City of Blich (or what's left of it) with your royal entourage, and challenge the dragon to a duel!

The Dragon roars in a laughing manner but accepts the duel.

You charge against the dragon and poke his leg with a lance, and he breathes fire at your direction. The cloud of flames engulfs your horse and sears your legs and face and hands. You tumble from the horse and then roll away while the few courageous squires pap you with snow to extinguish the flames.

You and your entourage then outrun another fiery breath of the creature, while the dragon roars in amusement.

Either draw the entire comic or the bolded part.

I believe in u.
Spoiler: this took a while (click to show/hide)

Sorry i can't be arsed to clean or detail most of it. Also probably not going to do every comic ever being requested, this is like 8 sketches in one go. :V

That is perfection. You are a marvel, tovarisch.
Haha, hardly, but i appreciate the sentiment. C:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 07:44:44 pm »

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:21:30 pm »

Not to derail, but this was uncannily familiar to something I captured while playing Total Warhammer
Spoiler: The Skaven Version (click to show/hide)
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 12:00:08 am »

It's blyatiful, thanks <3

BWAAAA!
SigFlags!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 01:14:40 pm »

BWOOOOOOOOOOO

yer welcome :v

Not to derail, but this was uncannily familiar to something I captured while playing Total Warhammer
Spoiler: The Skaven Version (click to show/hide)
Hah, that's awesome. I mean, it is the realistic outcome when a tiny slaybro tries to fight a giant firebreathing thing. :V

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raven
That Raven. ;P
Ah. Well, i'm not familiar with the poem, so i just painted a fuckin rude raven.

Spoiler: say what again (click to show/hide)

he hates having to repeat himself
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 05:22:33 pm »

I will observe. If I am not shook by what I see, I will cease to observe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 05:39:15 pm »

The Dwarf Therapist with "The Keeper of the Caverns", perhaps a face off or wrestling or something.

- just a punt :).
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10