Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: comrade shook draws things  (Read 21864 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: comrade shook draws things
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2018, 03:49:57 pm »

That would also have been an excellent explanation, but the question is how said student missed the hat. :v

I've been stressed by school projects recently, so not many doobles to go around. I did, however, make a special thing today!

Spoiler: first, doobles (click to show/hide)

the thing took a long time to fill out
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2018, 03:59:04 pm »

Roboworm was 2016!?

* Haspen feels too old for this.

Also I see your love for snakes and monocles is ancient, keep it up bruh v;
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2018, 04:38:20 pm »

Excellent. Some of that early stuff is Cortex Command mods, if I remember correctly. Brings back fond memories of that game. :)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2018, 09:48:32 am »

Damm, I wish I had that evolution, I've always tried to learn drawing, but honestly I just can't get the hang of it xD.

All I wanted was to draw myself an avatar to use as profile pic here in the forums  :'(
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2018, 07:41:58 am »

You can do it, i believe in you! I NEVER thought i'd ever get to this level (and i still have much to learn!), especially not when i was dicking around in 2007 (which is where i actually started with pixel art, but i was so bad back then). I had pretty much "resigned" myself to pixel art, which i still have a soft spot for, but it wasn't really what i wanted to do. It takes too long for too small an artwork, and i've since discovered that my favourite part of drawing is actually the sketching, which doesn't look very good at a pixel art scale. That besides, in recent times, my drawing style just doesn't work terribly well with pixel art. :P

If i were to pick one piece of advice out of the many that have helped me, it is to have fun with what you're drawing. Not necessarily "haha i'm laughing" fun if that's not your thing, but, y'know, enjoyment, whatever that entails. Then you can look at it afterwards and think about what went well and what went badly, but regardless of artistic merits, you enjoyed making it, and isn't that the important part of a hobby?

Excellent. Some of that early stuff is Cortex Command mods, if I remember correctly. Brings back fond memories of that game. :)
Thanks, good memory! Cortex Command is what got me into pixel art (... and coding) in the first place, so i owe a lot to that game. The mods still exist, by the way. :v

Roboworm was 2016!?

* Haspen feels too old for this.

Also I see your love for snakes and monocles is ancient, keep it up bruh v;
It is indeed, i was just too rubbish to properly draw sneks and lizards in olden times. At least monocles were simple enough. :v
And also yes, roboworm is that old, though it's worth noting that i reshaded it the following year because i felt like the original looked terrible. Much can happen in a year, it seems!

Also as usual i'm sorry for not having posted much, but exam project has been taking a shit ton of my metaphorical juice, so i've barely even been drawing for myself in the past week or two. I at least expect to be able to get back to it on the 17th, since that's the deadline for the project. Till then:

Spoiler: lizardlibrarian (click to show/hide)

I actually have some writings and thoughts about the lizardface, but i'll leave that for when i refine the drawing a bit more and smack some colours on. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2018, 07:55:35 am »

I can't claim that your mods inspired me to get into spriting or modding, because I never got into those things. But I can claim that your mods provided me with lots and lots of joy and amusement, so thanks for that~

Also, that's a fine lizard you've got there.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2018, 08:08:59 pm »

Mucho thanko! Also, you're most welcome. c:
I can't ask for more than for people to enjoy the dumb things that i make one way or the other, so i'm always happy to hear that that's been the case. Obviously would also be excellent if i had inspired someone to take up art/modding, but i'm not exactly going to hold it against them if that's not the case, that'd just be rude. It's entirely possible to eat chef-tier food without being inspired to become a chef. :V

Also i've finally turned in my exam project! Here's hoping i'll pass, but i think my chances are decent. Probably won't be in flying colours considering that i've skipped several steps, but hey, gotta make sure i don't die from the stress, already had a hard time due to losing some days to shitty mood. In any case, this means i no longer spend 5-6 hours a day on that shit, so hopefully i'll have more energy for doodling!

Speaking of that, have another lizardface, but in cold-ish climate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This being maybe as frigid as -5C. The actual lizard takes up like one third of that volume, if you look real close you can see some sketch lines of the body. Somewhere nearby, a polar bear is wearing shorts and laughing. :V
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2018, 10:03:03 am »

YOU THONK IT IS OVER WITH THAT? WELL YOU THUNK WRONK

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2018, 07:27:04 pm »

HHHHHHHHHHH

For clarification, thrown soap in DUSK is LETHAL. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2018, 07:37:38 pm »

Well, soap is a pretty logical weakness for undead or otherwise unclean monsters.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2019, 07:39:11 am »

That... Makes more sense than i initially thought it would. :V
[/slowresponse]

So hey guys, i've been silent for a while. Fell into a really bad art slump, only drawn about one and a half things during the past two weeks (and one of them's not suitable for showing here), probably due to falling back into old (and bad) sleeping habits. I don't feel all that bad personally (well except today because the sleep deprivation is stacking up), and i've had a nice christmas and new years eve (and hope you have too!), i just haven't felt like drawing. Due to my grogged up brain today, this is the source of a lot of bothersome thoughts, but i'm almost sure that i'll be back to normal once i manage to fix my sleeping again.

Also, second thing: I'm thinking i'll return to posting my own drawings in the Random Things thread, because i feel like i don't really have a good reason to be isolating myself like this (this isn't meant as a dig at you others who have your own thread; y'all do great work!). The thread will remain open for requests (and commissions i guess, but it's probably better to PM me about that), though at the time being, i can't guarantee that a lot will be made due to the current slump. In any case, i want to express my supreme gratitude for all the interest you guys have shown, it is super flattering and you have warmed my heart countless times. C:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2019, 10:31:37 am »

Is okay. First thing of decency - never rush the artist.

Take all the time you need, baltic bro C:
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2019, 03:54:17 pm »

Don't despair, dear Dane! Don't deem daily drawings disastrous!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2019, 04:04:17 pm »

(and one of them's not suitable for showing here)

well now I gotta see

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2019, 05:23:10 pm »

Eh, not ready to make that jump yet. Perhaps one day, but don't hold your breath. One has to be careful with the kind of things that can be linked to ones name. :V

Don't despair, dear Dane! Don't deem daily drawings disastrous!
... RIGHT-O OLD CHAP, TALLY HO!

Is okay. First thing of decency - never rush the artist.

Take all the time you need, baltic bro C:
Much thank. <3
Hopefully won't need TOO much time, but i can't really force this.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]