Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Missing forgotten beast resident

(1/2) > >>

sionlife:
In legends viewer I spotted a fortress ruin with a population of 1 forgotten beast who had settled there and presumably killed off the locals.

So in adventure mode I went there with a party hoping to find and kill the resident beast. However I search the entire fortress top to bottom and didn't find a single soul. I think this is the second time this has happened. I was playing a different map a few months ago and couldn't find a resident forgotten beast. Is this a bug?

rhavviepoodle:
If you're using dfhack, you can always 'reveal' the site. Some of the world-generated forts include wings which completely lack access (you'd have to teleport to the beast to kill it). I've also noticed that ruins can be randomly generated if you leave and come back, meaning you might luck out and the beast may not be inaccessible the second time you visit (in case teleporting is too cheaty for you).

sionlife:
ok thanks for that. I don't use dfhack, just vanilla. Sounds like it is a bug in that case. There shoudn't be inaccessible areas, for now at least, maybe that is ok once myth and magic is here. I might report this on the bug tracker then.

Bumber:
Could it have wandered into the caverns?

FakerFangirl:

--- Quote from: sionlife on April 09, 2018, 06:46:45 am ---So in adventure mode I went there with a party hoping to find and kill the resident beast.

--- End quote ---
I've seen giant cave spiders wander out of the site in adventure mode, and birds fly quite high.

--- Quote from: rhavviepoodle on April 09, 2018, 09:29:58 am ---Some of the world-generated forts include wings which completely lack access

--- End quote ---
Yeah that too. It might be in one of the caverns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version