Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 'Cause Trouble' quest. Is there yet a solution?  (Read 5001 times)

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
'Cause Trouble' quest. Is there yet a solution?
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:23:27 am »

Straight to the point, how do you complete it? :E

At the very least, does anyone know what your adventurer says upon completion?

i.e. for kill quest, the adventurer says to their lord/lady: "I am your loyal hearthperson. The (Night Troll name here) is dead! (Night troll name here) was slain."
I've never gotten to see what they say for completing a 'cause trouble' quest.

I've really exhausted my search. There are a few rumours here and there about ToadyOne detailing how it could be done, but the extent of my Google-fu couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:37:39 am by Zyro_Falcon »

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Cause Trouble' quest. Is there yet a solution?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:31:04 am »

Hmm... Thinking about the "rebellion" thing...  I recall that there is a response where you ask about the location and size of defending forces.  "You sound like a trouble maker".  It might be a hint.  I would try to play with all those interactions and see if you can get something to happen.  Possibly being in disguise would make it easier -- usually when I infiltrate some place they are too scared to talk to me.  But I have to say that I've never heard of anyone completing this quest, so I don't know if it is possible.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 10:10:24 am »

Yeah I haven't yet discovered a way to complete this - I have been wondering if just stirring up random shit would do it - but one day I did run around brawling people until they yielded at a town I was supposed to "cause trouble" in - but that didn't seem to help. Also I haven't been able to find anyone who agrees to join me in an insurrection - maybe that's the solution. If it's not possible to complete then someone should probably remind Toady of this at some point - one of my biggest hiccups in adventure mode is being given a quest I can't complete, so I end up having to switch hearths. Sometimes it's "kill a hydra" (because it's near impossible for a starting adventurer, the quests need to scale a little better I think), and then sometimes it's "kill a vampire" and then the vampire's name isn't on the list so you can't ask for his location (or the location is missing from the list, or both). That's something I run into kinda frequently, being told about certain villains or people and just not having any option to ask for additional information for some reason. And then yeah, other times it's this.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:20:14 am by gnome »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 06:38:11 pm »

The only thing i'm sure is that the quest is not solved by slaughtering half the soldiers from the enemy place, slaying their lord/lady, killing their citizens etc...

It seems this is not "troubling" for them.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 01:15:09 am »

The only thing i'm sure is that the quest is not solved by slaughtering half the soldiers from the enemy place, slaying their lord/lady, killing their citizens etc...

It seems this is not "troubling" for them.

Though open conflict would be unwise.

More that your lord told you NOT to murder them all. He didn't want that political backlash.

You can disguise yourself now?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 08:13:50 am »

So, it is neither arguing with people, to robbing them. I just tried those two and the mission is not complete.

My guess is, that they want you to cause them the "brewing trouble" trouble. I just do not know, how that is done.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 02:54:05 pm »

Cause an insurrection, maybe?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 07:46:55 pm »

Quote from: Max™
Is the "cause trouble for [insert group]" quest/assignment broken? If not is there a certain less obvious trigger for completion? I've heard and tried fistfights, I've tried maiming various members of said group in sight of other members, I've tried exterminating entire cities save a couple of survivors who I regaled with the tales of my murderspree, and numerous other permutations of this to no avail, I return to the guard captain/lord/lady/etc and give an update, they give a canned response, and it never shows as completed in the log.
It should flag as complete if you've had any conflict at all with the relevant group, and you should give a report of a specific incident that it counts when you report it (or say there will be no rest for the enemy if it can't find one). I can look at a bugged save on the tracker if one's available.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 09:49:19 pm »

An answer from the great toad himself.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 09:54:13 pm »

And he's been waiting 3 years for that bug report...:)