Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game  (Read 20576 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2023, 07:27:25 am »

What was your game start setup? I haven't played the new versions but that looks like a lot of engineering for the first car. In previous versions I'd try to get model and engine engineering times to match to the construction time of the tiny factory, so it started producing as soon as was possible. Then I'd facelift in better quality once money from sales was rolling in and set the pre-order amount lower than the initial car needed to not go bankrupt.

EDIT: re-read your screenshot and what I removed from this post wouldn't have worked, the van in your screenshot doesn't have an unusually high desirability like the ones I made in previous versions.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 07:42:50 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2023, 08:38:15 am »

that was a start I tried with 150% competitor desirability to have some factory. It's too much, but I found a combination in fruinia with 115% competitor desirability, 0 money, and a small plot with a tiny factory. that's enough to produce the first project, but then there are various game issue that may end up killing good runs.

for example, even at 0 funding, a refit is going to be 10m in engineering, so it's gonna be hard to modernize cars.

and the ai deciding what model to build and in which quantity sometime goes bonker, which may very well push you in banckrupcy since you have razor thin margin https://i.imgur.com/St0J070.png

so now I'm duing a "insane" campaign, but frankly it's a bit too easy.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2023, 02:35:50 am »

I sacrificed all the points for the fastest possible engineering time slider at game start in previous versions. That left me with a tiny or small plot with no factory to take loans against and a handful of tech points. The engineering time decrease to 25% is a big help, though I don't know if that combo can be done for 100x in the newest version. I did have to take extreme economic variability which is tough when it troughs but the points for low engineering time was a good tradeoff.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2023, 11:27:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

there's a workable combo, you can get a reasonable 100x with just 110% competitor attractiveness by going with a tiny slot + tiny factory in fruinia, fruinia is important because it has a relatively early opening to dallua and then arhana, so you can shift your contract factory around to increase margin, I have to medium factory in the 60s and next body into the 70s will be the first monocoque just in time for gasmea.

edit: the great emission compliance transiet almost killed the run beware of the '77 costed me half a billion
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Done, rest of the game was mostly a slow slog, not recommended
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 06:59:50 pm by LoSboccacc »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2024, 08:54:06 pm »

So, now I don't understand the Score system at all. I know in the early years, 1 score = 1 car sold x multiplier. But your game had a ton of cars sold, yet your score is relatively tiny.  ???

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2024, 04:20:59 pm »

no idea and could very well be an arithmetic overflow, this was not a good run either btw so even if score was meaningful I wouldn't put too much value to it, I'm just happy I made it

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2024, 03:08:36 am »

How did Tiny factory & plot work out? I usually see the Tiny option as useless, the extra cost of the vehicles outweighs anything else.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2024, 03:56:46 pm »

It is terrible but not ha ING 130% competitor helps  lot late game. With dead simple cars it's not so bad. You need or pick options that don't pile up production units cost and hold tight until arhana opens, then you start growing. I don't know if that ten year wait is worth it point wise.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]