Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176872 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1065 on: September 25, 2020, 10:48:17 am »

Playing a lot of One Step From Eden recently.

Does anyone know how you are suppoesed to beat the arctic boss? I mean, she moves more than a fly, her throw three-icicles-and-another-one-slightly-later is just unavoidable for me, especially in some cases they actualy come FUCKING back, and her melee attacks for some reason I can't react in time. But then again I not wxactly great at it or anything...

Also I'm having a bit of trouble playing anything other than the first loadout of Saffron. She has a 1200hp and also an artifact that revives her with 600hp, in contrast to shield guy who only has 800hp  ??? Also I just NEED a spammable normal attack which apparently only she has.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 25, 2020, 02:27:49 pm »

Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

XCOM style combat with anime charakters. The first game of a Korean developer, the story is told in visual novel style, the fights are fun, and the characters mostly pretty good. The main character ist bland, and the first npc in your company as well, but the side characters come to life over the course of the game, I am in chapter 2 at the moment, no idea how many there are.
The game just told a bit of the story of one dead policeman that you met a few missions earlier.
The storytelling overall is pretty interesting, while the main story revolves around a spoon religion which I still can't wrap my head around.

There are way to many mechanics, but as they don't really get in the way yet it is ok.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 25, 2020, 02:39:56 pm »

World of Horror

This time not saving Japan, but hunting for achievements after wiping my save with newest update.

Just gotta survive the fight with Something Truly Evil, and then I have 100% of achievements... then back to modding we gooo~
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 25, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »

Started playing No Man's Sky recently--
* Sirus ducks thrown tomatoes
No wait, I can explain! It was on sale in the Humble Store and everything I'd heard said it had been improved greatly since launch! Anyway, I'm pretty hooked. Planets are huge and pretty nice to wander around on, and I found a crashed starship that I've been fixing up in between improving my base and gathering resources.

Coincidentally, the game had yet another major update just a couple days ago. It altered planet generation by quite a bit, and added the apparently long-awaited giant sand worms not seen since the pre-launch trailers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 25, 2020, 08:45:09 pm »

Norman's Sky is one of the very few games which survived making everyone mad about it. It came out, everybody collectively flipped from irrational hype to irrational hate, the hate slowly wore out and in the mean time the game's just been there, slowly getting better.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 25, 2020, 09:59:36 pm »

Norman's Sky is one of the very few games which survived making everyone mad about it. It came out, everybody collectively flipped from irrational hype to irrational hate, the hate slowly wore out and in the mean time the game's just been there, slowly getting better.
It really did make a remarkable recovery. I don't think by any measure it excuses the blatant lies people were being fed about it when it was first coming out, but I absolutely respect Hello Games' dedication in slowly turning No Man's Sky into the game it was supposed to be. You don't see that kind of about-face very often when it comes to game developers (though I don't suppose they had much choice if they wanted people to buy in to any future stuff they produced).

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 25, 2020, 10:03:35 pm »

True. If there were any other game - people would have been pissed, devs would have rushed a week-1 patch and probably some free content and then the studio would be bought and redistributed into other projects.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 03, 2020, 08:07:12 pm »

Rocket League is free-to-play now, apparently. Hell yeah, I never bought it and haven't played in years.   
I've also been playing a fair bit of Spelunky 2, still, as well as a game called American Fugitive that I picked up whilst heavily discounted along with For the King (which seems kinda lame, though I only had a brief look). It's not that great, honestly, but it has the occasional kinda sweet moment.   
Pretty sure the monthly free Playstation + games should be out today, too, so I'll go have a gander at that.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 05, 2020, 01:44:56 pm »

Total Warhammer 2: Playing a coop campaign with a friend. We're both playing Skaven. Him, the Warlords of Clan Mors. Me, the Assassins, Clan Eshin. We've almost completely taken over the SE corner of the map. All that stands between us and total world domination....is Grimgor Ironhide and his 'Ard Boyz.

Deep Rock Galactic: Still digging, still enjoying it.

Hades: Finally brought *spoiler* home, brought peace to the underworld. Now just grinding through ever harder runs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 07, 2020, 12:43:07 am »

I caved and bought Conan Exiles. It's pretty fun so far! I built this derpy looking stone-and-wood shack in a gully next to some clan's large, imposing fortress. Picked the location since I'd already been using it as an escape route from the various beasties in the vicinity - just run over, climb up the short cliff out of the gully and hope your pursuers can't climb.   

I would certainly like to play with other people, though. I thought I encountered a couple of players early on, but in hindsight I'm pretty sure they were actually the hostile NPCs who spawn nearby, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 07, 2020, 09:25:39 am »

I found Conan Exiles interesting but I ended up not continuing playing because I didn't really find any players to play with and I'm too shy to engage people.
Love, scriver~

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 08, 2020, 01:02:39 am »

I found Conan Exiles interesting but I ended up not continuing playing because I didn't really find any players to play with and I'm too shy to engage people.

Same... also it feels a bit grindy towards the mid/lategame. At the end of the day  I found 7daystodie multiplayer to be more exiting. I stoped singleplayer once I relized NPC slaves take a day+ to break and then you still need to get gear for them. Its very fun to adjust your movement speed and fling yoursself across the map to explore a bit, it is very pretty.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 08, 2020, 06:09:42 am »

Been playing lots and lots of Genshin Impact this last month. Wanted to do a post about it weeks ago, but ended up playing more instead.
Available on PC, Switch, PS4, Android and iOS.

This is a gacha game, free to download and start playing. Money comes in when you want to start unlocking more classes; you can either grind daily quests and live events for premium currency to spend in a slot-machine and hope it spits out new heroes for you to play with, or spend some cash to play the slot machine faster. Payment options include the standard instant money->premium currency, a monthly pass that gives login bonuses each day, and a Battle Pass that gives increasing rewards as you complete objectives in the game. The instant option can be quite pricey, but the other two options are each in the $5 range, which is very reasonable for the amount of hours you'll likely spend playing this game.

Gameplay is heavily influenced by Zelda:BotW. Big open world where you can climb any surface, and lots of little puzzles and challenges around every corner that you can complete for chests full of shiny loot. The world is also full of diverse characters and landscapes, and storylines to experience.

Honestly, you need to play this game. Even if you don't intend to spend a dime, you can still find dozens of hours of excellent gameplay that is 100% free. Very highly recommend.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 08, 2020, 07:44:11 am »

I spent some time in it, it was fun, the exploration and having a bunch of stuff to do was really great.

But after a bit I could feel the looming specter of grind or pay up to progress rear its ugly head. It's mostly noticeable with the characters, where, after you get your starter free hit of the gambles you're kind of stuck with them for a while as the amount of dailies you can do to grind out further free rolls is way way slow and you'll be stuck grinding for a while only to get a random grab bag of duplicates of the same 5 weapons you've gotten many times before whose only purpose is to serve as upgrade fodder.
Which is a shame because the party progression is probably the most interesting part of it and figuring out character combos that work against certain things is super fun, so being limited to the starting half a dozen or so characters is both limiting in that sense and quickly gets kinda dull because seen individually, each of them is fairly shallow in terms of combat moves and mechanics and the depth really only comes from their combos.

So yeah, if it was a regular premium title with a non-gambling progression system (say getting a drip feed of characters as you encounter them trough quests) it'd be pretty fucking good, as is, the good stuff quickly wears out under the weight of the monetization scheme they've opted for (which, if any of the numbers are true is working great for them, so expect more shit like this I guess)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 08, 2020, 01:15:32 pm »

Yeah, Genshin has been a mixed bag for me, too. I really love the world design, music, and a fair number of characters, both visual design and mechanics-wise. It's a shame that the gameplay is relatively shallow, with each character having basically two skills and a normal attack combo. I hope they expand upon the combat more in the future, but considering it's a phone game, that seems a bit unlikely.

Getting more characters wasn't too bad, but the progression system really hampers your ability to use a large variety of them; after you increase your world difficulty by increasing your Adventure Rank (which goes up when you do basically anything) it becomes unviable to use new characters without investing a lot of resources into them. So the more you progress, the more costly it becomes to invest in a new character. This really hurts if you're like me and you want to try everything out.

I threw a modest amount of money at the game because I love the world they're building, but I'm not gonna drop any more cash until they really work out the kinks. I still love exploring, though, and I don't think that'll change. I'm really looking forward to the next region they're adding.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 04:39:08 pm by Nighthawk »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100