Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178776 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1095 on: November 16, 2020, 02:25:01 pm »

I feel like I'm starting to hit my stride in Kenshi now. After mining copper for an extended period of time, my two-man, one-dog party is finally decently geared up. Er, well, the men are geared up. The dog is just bigger. And he's by far the most lethal member of the party, which is hilarious and kind of sad.

I can actually win fights against random bandits, up to roughly four or five at a time. Which isn't bad, because being outnumbered hurts (I installed Attack Slots x2 so numbers actually impact a fight more). If there's anything I learned, it's that getting your teeth kicked in is actually beneficial most of the time, provided your opponents don't outright kill you (rare) or eat your dog (less rare). Basically if the bandits are hungry, have doggo flee and let the humies get kicked around for maximum stat gains. Nothing to raise your Toughness like almost bleeding out in the dirt.

So, I'm on the up and up. I'm starting to wander the wastes looking for trouble, which let me tell you, is a lot more fun than hitting rocks. If the team gets buff enough from random scraps, I think I'll start taking on bounties.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 21, 2020, 04:55:06 pm »

Norsegod's Third Door or whatever, it's some DnD game or other in early access.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 21, 2020, 11:43:43 pm »

mostly EVE Online, waiting for some stuff to sell on the market to see if can get some Omega Time.  was kind of getting ignited onto playing Distant Worlds Universe again, and was also playing modded X3 but stopped halfway when trying to change stuff on the mod.

also Crusader Kings II plus...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 22, 2020, 11:04:26 am »

After some talking with folks on the FEF Discord, Epic Battle Fantasy 3.

It’s pretty good. And free, too.

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 22, 2020, 03:47:05 pm »

Spent 3 hours downloading and installing Ark Evolved from my steam account,  followed by 10 minutes playing it,  followed by 3 minutes uninstalling it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 23, 2020, 01:34:32 pm »

Was the game that bad?

Meanwhile, I'm back playing some Let It Die, and a bit of Fallout Tale of Two Wastelands (Mod that combines Fallout 3 and New Vegas) with a mod that's meant to make combat much more hazardous, adding bleeding wounds and other nasty things.

It also makes everyone die much faster in general.

It's pretty nice, even if I do have to do a lot of quicksaving and quickloading (I tend to be pretty reckless in combat).

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 25, 2020, 11:59:34 am »

while im still on a "high seas" trek with pirates and vikings, ive now incorporated space into it; basically any game with exploration and/or building a warband of trusted allies.

this now includes:

the x-series
evochron legacy
mechwarrior 4 mercenaries
mechwarrior 5 mercenaries (while i am disappointed by the watering down of the lore/systems (im talking about solaris here, i want to fight in the arena with duncan fisher reporting!), i still enjoy the combat; its so visceral and AC/10s feel like powerful cannons which is really nice)
battletech

while the randomization in battletech annoys me, i thoroughly enjoy it. with good tactics and combined warfare you can mitigate some of the randomness and its good fun. im playing the campaign now and i was given the random callsign of "Graceland" so i named my merc company "3000 Lightyears to Graceland" with a nice little picture of earth as our sigil.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 25, 2020, 01:45:08 pm »

FFXIV is having a content patch soon, and I've been playing bardic tunes for people in town while I get back up to speed.

I had a crowd of like 20 people last night it's so fun to just play things for people, even if it's just scripted music.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:15 pm »

Alpha Protocol because I got it years ago for 99 cents at a gamestop, no I don't have a receipt for proof you'll have to trust me.

It's... peak RPG I dislike, but I've sunk enough time into it at this point I kinda have to see it through.

Main issue that I have tho is that the menus are clunky af, it takes forever to do things like 'open the area map' bc I first have to hit select, then wait for the menu to load in, move to Intel and then get the area map. Versus being able to just call it up in any other game.

There's also the issue of 'I honestly don't have the time investment to sink into this to play every single path' that a lot of RPG's have, where I get really annoyed and try and brute force an 'everything in one playthrough' playthrough. Maybe I'm weird but honestly unless an RPG really hooks me or it is fun regardless of the story, I really hate playing it more than once bc of the stupid length some can be if you factor in grinding. At least Alpha Protocol -even on the Recruit starter character- doesn't make you grind and even with my relatively gung ho style I so far haven't missed any collectibles or whatever while moving through levels.

also the game is really finicky on what counts as detection, as i've had guards shoot a gun before they go down from tranqs without an alarm or enemies being alerted but then the same scenario later on in a different level it turns out different??

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 29, 2020, 10:30:28 pm »

Man, I love Alpha Protocol.

Why be so worried about "seeing everything"? Part of the magic of the one playthrough I have in that game is that I know for a fact that many things could have gone differently in the plot.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 29, 2020, 10:42:31 pm »

That happened to me with Pillars of Eternity... I did every sidequest I possibly could for the first 3/4ths at default difficulty... and was so weary of it by then that I just dropped the difficulty to braindead, did the bare minimum in the last quest hub to advance, and savescummed my way through the last dungeon. That run overstayed its welcome by about 10 hours.

As for what I've been playing: Catherine. Totally did not expect the ending I got.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 30, 2020, 10:40:53 am »

Man, I love Alpha Protocol.

Why be so worried about "seeing everything"? Part of the magic of the one playthrough I have in that game is that I know for a fact that many things could have gone differently in the plot.

I'm not saying I'm not being fine with missing things, I just have this feeling in the back of my mind when I do play some of these types of games haha, not a knock on the game moreso than me I should clarify, I have been really bad recently about wanting to do everything in a game on my first playthrough.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 30, 2020, 11:27:04 am »

Restarted my campaign in Bannerlord for like...the 8th time since early access release.

Played about 4 or 5 hours, get the quest done so my brother can join my faction....and he doesn't show up in the inventory screen to actually be assigned gear. Can't be assigned roles or put in to his own party or anything.

Researching it sounds like yet another bug, where I have to finish the Dragon Banner quest before he'll join my faction in full.

I like the game but I am flat out sick of restarting my campaign to get new features and fix bugs only to have another one crop up that massively affects my enjoyment. Early access and all that, yadda yadda, but I think I'm going to shelve this game until full release. I just can't bear to go through the hours of building up again from nothing. I've gotten so good at using a bow I can solo packs of 15+ looters, because I've now spent close to 20 hours just doing that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 01, 2020, 02:15:36 am »

Just purchased children of s dead earth and I'm sinking hours into it building stupid shit like guns that shoots guns and the likes.

Too bad I'm late to the party and the community around it is mostly dead, but such is life for steam salers

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 01, 2020, 09:15:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That reminds me, when I beat Morrowind, I never got the chance to fight the BBEG, as he ran towards me and then somehow jumped into the lava.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 100