Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178828 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1140 on: December 19, 2020, 12:16:08 am »

Started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance again recently.

Though my laptop has a bit of trouble running it, it's still a pretty nice game - even if being able to steal stuff and sell it at  a fence can kind of mean money is super easy to come by. Haven't gotten very far in yet, though, so I haven't found everything yet, of course.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 19, 2020, 12:37:09 pm »

Started playing Prison Architect didn't want to make a gulag, but ended up making one when I ran out of money, no one has eaten anything since they got there and several prisoners have already died, so I guess its gulag time until I figure this game out some more.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lukepop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 22, 2020, 07:16:21 pm »

I've been playing this old Sci 4x game, Emperor of the Fading Suns. It's a little micromanagement heavy but the game is amazing. Civ-like maps for each of the planets, and 43 different planets to fight over as well as a bunch of political, diplomatic, and religious systems that really capture the feeling of the setting. The setting itself hasn't had anything done with it for a while but shares a lot of elements with Dune and 40k. The traders guild, an empowered and anti-technology religion, and a central imperial office that rulers over the other institutions.
"Eva the artistically incapable swordswoman," my beginner's adventure mode story. "Beginner" in terms writing as well as DF!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177413.0

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 22, 2020, 08:56:02 pm »

Just finished, or hit the current storyline end, of Subnautica Below Zero.  Not sure what to play next.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 23, 2020, 03:35:57 am »

rimworld with 150 mods, latest is vanilla expanded mechanoids

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 23, 2020, 04:07:57 am »

I'm back at Fortresscraft Evolved.   :)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/254200/FortressCraft_Evolved/.

It can be described as a combination of Factorio and Minecraft, and is currently at 80% sale at 2.60 EUR.
I guess what I love about it is the slow but steady progression curve. I.e. like Factorio, then even small tasks takes a long time, but step by step your factory snowballs and makes the effort you put into the previous steps worthvile.

I have been playing with a friend over the net and it's great to share what you make with somebody. So despite the negative reviews, then it IS possible, but it DID take him half a day to make it work.  >:(
So you should probably get it for single player, and consider multiplayer a potential bonus.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 24, 2020, 02:03:53 pm »

Been playing a lot of Caves of Qud. It's lightweight enough that my aging computer can usually handle it no problem, but crunchy enough that there's a ton of different ways to play. I love the spritework and visual effects, it's a nice change from roguelikes being ASCII.

Now if only I could stop dying all the time :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 27, 2020, 10:24:20 pm »

After realising that King of Dragon Pass was a completely different game to what I thought (I believe I had it confused with another title), I bought it and have just started playing today. I gotta say, I'm only just starting, but I love the soundtrack.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 28, 2020, 08:36:11 am »

thanks to the twitch event and watching my favorite streamer pestily again, ive picked up tarkov once again. something about this game, just cant let it lie to play one of the other many games on my backlist.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 28, 2020, 01:28:32 pm »

After realising that King of Dragon Pass was a completely different game to what I thought (I believe I had it confused with another title), I bought it and have just started playing today. I gotta say, I'm only just starting, but I love the soundtrack.   

It's a swell game overall.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 28, 2020, 08:40:20 pm »

Got Shadow of the Tomb raider on supa-sale for 15 bux with all DLC.

Gonna raid some tooms.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 30, 2020, 05:37:50 am »

As a result of general boredom and a lack of other options, I trued getting back into X-Com: EW on Android.

I wish I hadn't.

The tactical side still holds up great. Complex, brutal, rewarding.

The strategic side though... Blargh. There is no real choice, or subtlety. You literally have to do certain things in certain ways\orders no matter what, lest you will lose. I know its like 8 years old, but it smacks of bad game design I overlooked in the past.
This is a blank sig.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 30, 2020, 11:51:24 pm »

Like what exactly?  The first thing that comes to mind to me is the satellites, which the game does tell you are important but doesn't really bang over your head how important it is to build them ASAP and as often as possible.  It's more forgiving about it on lower difficulties, I guess.

Anyway, I started playing Sonic Mania since I got it for Christmas.  Overall, very much liking it, which is probably from the nostalgia of the Genesis era games.

My only gripes so far are:

1. Some levels are just too long.  I actually ran out of time on Flying Battery Zone Act 2, which means it took 10+ minutes.  I also died a lot to the boss, but that was mostly me being dumb.  I found out afterward that you can turn the timer off, and I probably will next time.

2. I'm not really a fan of the Sonic CD style bonus stages.  I can recognize that I'm better at the Sonic 3 & Knuckles style bonus stages from experience, but they seem really hard, and I'm very bad at finding the giant rings so far.  I'm at Oil Ocean Zone now and have only gathered 3 emeralds.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 31, 2020, 12:14:53 pm »

Well, yeah, satellites. Which require sat uplinks, which require engineers\workshops and power. The need to jump through those hoops in order to a) not immediately lose and b) have funding to do interesting things even slightly later on literally defines the early game. I guess I am just hung up on wanting to make meaningful choices that have more than one correct path, without the abduction mechanic making them for me.
This is a blank sig.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 31, 2020, 06:19:21 pm »

Yeah, I do agree.  Later on you do get more choices about whether to prioritize things like scientists vs. engineers, and which research projects to focus on, but the satellite meta is very rigid.  I do wish that it was more of a choice of building them to get more funding instead of building them to avoid having countries leave XCOM, which makes it way less optional.

It would be better if there were some way to recover countries that left the project, and I think some mods introduce things like that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100