Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178179 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1185 on: March 19, 2021, 12:51:35 am »

(I originally had this at the end, but upon further reflection, this bit seemed more to the point:) ...The more I think on this, the more I find myself drifting away from PC entries into the genre, or alternate takes on the genre, a la Darkest Dungeon which contains conceptual similarities, but stripped the mapping element. PC pickings for the genre in the last 15 years or so are pretty slim, and I can't really think of any that I'd say were 'great'. Which, uh, by extension means that I guess I'd have to upgrade Starcrawlers and say they're pretty high on the list for PC, but it's more through a lack of strong competition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 03, 2021, 07:13:14 am »

Farland Story on PC-98*coughemucough*

It's quirky little Fire Emblem game, it has apparently 7 installments. I'm playing the very first one and its absolutely cliche story of 'evil army invades and kidnaps princess, wandering hero sets out to free her and defeat the evil'... if only there were cutscenes or mission objectives to check ::)

I find its fun, even if the difficulty rises fast and ranged enemy mages are absolutely OP.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 03, 2021, 09:26:56 pm »

Right now alternating between Shadow Empires and Monster Hunter Rise. One is still rather buggy, unbalanced and needs work but still manages to be very fun, while the other is a very fun games, even if it is still buggy, unbalanced and still needing quite a bit of work. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 04, 2021, 12:56:50 pm »

i finally got burned out of playing Crusader Kings 2 (again). and returned to my usual space game shenanigans. playing EVE Online for daily logins during events or continuing my adventures in the weekends. im now starting to develop a think for modded X3. just found how to properly settle the Xtended mod on Albion Prelude and picked a simple start. i also want to understand how Litcube and Mayhem mods work to see if i can port things into Xtended to create a custom fork of the thing with more simulation mechanics, maybe adding some empire building systems too.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 07, 2021, 03:34:54 pm »

I've jumped aboard the Valheim train along with my buddy, since we needed a new co-op title to mess around and be idiots in.

It's been loads of fun! I was quite pleasantly surprised, I hadn't actually expected this much out of it. There is some very solid game design here, and the graphics work out remarkably well in my opinion.

We've just discovered iron, and are drooling over both proper longboats and the concept of a two-handed axe... I fear we may have to squabble a bit over that one, as I'm the primary woodcutter, but he thirsts for axe-shaped carnage

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 07, 2021, 05:23:18 pm »

As the person with the most wood, you clearly have the girth of need to axe for priority. Just drop a tree on them and win the contest of axe shafts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 07, 2021, 09:33:39 pm »

2H axe is not ideal for tree chopping. Due to the slow swing speed and high stamina cost, you'll get lumber much faster with a 1H axe.
2H axe is also generally regarded as the worst weapon in the game for fighting.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 08, 2021, 05:17:51 am »

2H axe is not ideal for tree chopping. Due to the slow swing speed and high stamina cost, you'll get lumber much faster with a 1H axe.
2H axe is also generally regarded as the worst weapon in the game for fighting.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of this huge badass axe

As the person with the most wood, you clearly have the girth of need to axe for priority. Just drop a tree on them and win the contest of axe shafts.

Honestly, there's so much phallic energy going on here that it's a tough call. I've been ramming my long shaft into things up close with a spear, and he's been skeeting wood into people over long distance with a bow. Meanwhile we're both going on about whether or not we've got wood, and how we need more rods in our construction.

I've also managed to convince him to enter into a mutual ignorance pact, and we've been staying away from wikis and other sources of information for the time being, to allow our stupidity to fully blossom.

As such, we've (so far) lost two full sets of gear and a couple ships to deathquitos.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 17, 2021, 08:39:09 pm »

ELEX. The best way I can describe it is "skyrim, but no fun is allowed". Or maybe "skyrim, but actually somehow even more janky".

The people who seem to really like it are the same people who say things like "it's a hardcore game for hardcore gamers and it's not ruined by all those filthy casuals with their ezmode handholding, you're just too casual to understand". And then they proceed to brag about how you can grind money to buy potions to max every skill out and become overpowered so you can 1-shot everything and they don't have enough self-awareness to realize how contradictory that is.

I don't absolutely hate it though. If games were actually rated fairly instead of the "7-10" scale, it would probably be a solid 6. It apparently gets better, but the problem is there's just too many other, better games in the world so I'm having trouble deciding if slogging through the bad parts is worth the good parts.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 18, 2021, 12:09:27 am »

I believe the word you're looking for is "Eurojank."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 18, 2021, 12:59:37 am »

Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn a few days ago, I bought it on sale a couple sales ago and never got to it.

I think I got into a place that was way too high for my level 20 butt because I just got mauled by a mechanical T-rex with dual assault cannons and back mounted artillery. It was terrifying and I loved every moment of it.

I just got the Banuk Striker bow which turns my basic arrows into 60-damage per shot penetrators, so if I run into it again I might actually survive.

Or I could wear armor that'll let me survive more than one hit, but defense is for sissy faces.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 18, 2021, 03:09:44 pm »

I originally played Horizon on Playstation, and was dismayed to find that the game is all about precision sniping of tiny machine weak spots. I absolutely hate trying to aim with a joystick, and this caused me to give up halfway through the original game.
I'm sorely tempted to buy it again now that it's on PC and try it with a mouse this time.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 18, 2021, 05:33:56 pm »

Yeah, precision sniping (with too little "arrow time" slomo that's also not quite slow enough) was painful, but that's mostly just me never gitting gud.

Instead, I figured out that just roughly thrusting my hardened spear into everything's haunches was a pretty chunky strat. Especially with the ropecaster.

this huge badass axe

Why did they have to reduce its damage against trees? Why?:'(

Also, fuck the two pieces of wood I picked up instead of the wolf fang spear that my buddy had just made for me, meaning that there are now two almost-unused spears just sitting in the middle of nowhere (the first one being lost when I figured it'd be a good idea to kill a drake by throwing my spear at it while on top of a very narrow peak. For once, I overestimated the arc).

But eh, doesn't matter... We've done some serpent whaling and I've got the fancy shield to prove it. Plus that fantastic trophy over the gates of our main base.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 04, 2021, 03:18:04 pm »

My son (who is 5) keeps asking me to play my old games, many of which I've never finished.

Last night I did the next chapter in Final Fantasy XV (Leviathan).  Holy crap is that game confusing - like there is no continuity or explanation for things at all.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 04, 2021, 04:30:06 pm »

Been playing Conan Exiles.

By all rights, I should have stopped playing weeks ago. Gotten the gist of it in single player.

But now I'm committed to bashing over the head and kidnapping every Legendary NPC out there, and building my "Water Palace" and all its sundry wings for stuff that has no real impact on gameplay at all.

There is just something so compelling about it to me. The environment. The climbing around. The build (mostly) anywhere thing. The nudity (*cough*). It's like playing early gen Terraria. Yeah there's content out there yet to see, gear to grind, yadda yadda...but instead I spend 90% of my time building stuff simply because it makes me happy.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 04:45:34 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100