Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178217 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2018, 12:47:25 pm »

Been playing a good deal of X-Piratez lately. If you can get past the fact that all the boobies means it's fairly NSFW, it delivers a unique experience where you need to make do with some fairly limited supplies (at least at first).

Don't use the flintlock weapons, though. They're...

Not the absolute best, let's say. I'd advise starting off with shotguns, if anything. Each hit you score (no matter what gun it is) will increase a gal's odds of having her firing accuracy increase, with more hits meaning a bigger increase. The fact that many enemies lack armor in the early game means that it's a good idea to bring these along!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2018, 03:23:52 am »

I have recently been playing ASCII Sector, I'm liking it so far.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SabbaticGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • help im stuck in a aquif-blublubublbulubl
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2018, 03:32:19 am »

Aside from playtesting my own game, I've also been playing Factorio and (obviously) Dwarf Fortress.

Though I haven't played much of either. I'm currently devoting my days to my job and my nights to the development of this game.
hehe i became a girl

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2018, 05:50:45 am »

On advertising rights: lining up Alice's doll army.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:53:57 am by MCreeper »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2018, 06:15:16 pm »

Played around a bit as chaplain on a lowpop station, testing out the one rod variant's mummification abilities. And, while kinda fun and potentially putting a spin on the usual corpse processing that chaplains don't do, it's honestly a bit unwieldy to do because you need stuff from hydroponics, and it of course serves absolutely no purpose other than a little dumb RP. Also the staff itself is objectively worse than several other variants at its primary role of being a weapon.

After all access was handed out, I took over the jobs of first the janitor/engineer (replacing the many blown lights that happen when you get a power surge that hits the hallways), and then the chemist. I was trying to test out explosives and see if TG code had any real redeeming boomstuffs for chemistry, after a few failed attempts previously.

Then a few more players show up, including one infamous fellow who is a notorious shitlord, an apocalyptic greytider at worst and a hideously obnoxious dick at best. I've been struggling against lag for the whole round, and really only popped in to do a few tests anyways, so I felt that the least I could do was give him a little going away present.

I cooked up a simple chloral hydrate smoke that could be activated on demand, and went about my business until I'd run into him again.

However, when I *did* spot him again and I popped the smoke, he had already turned himself into a cult golem somehow, so the gas did fuckall. Reading up a bit, I discovered that they had a slight weakness to holy water, so I made a bottle of that to douse him with, along with a holy water and potassium bomb strapped to a spear to take us both down.

What followed was an absolutely horrendous display of ineptitude. First, I forgot to bless the water before securing the grenade, so it wasn't even a holy bomb. Second, I hurfed the water bottle and ended up clicking the ground rather than him, so I just blessed a single tile instead of slapping a bunch of burn damage on him.

And to wrap it all up, I didn't know how explosive spears worked. I poked him with it, and the bomb didn't go off. Ended up trying to throw it point blank, but lag and misclicking sent it flying just far enough due north (completely the wrong direction) to stun me, allowing the golem to grab my own damn staff out of my backpack, beat me with it a few times, and then chainstunned me with a telescopic baton while taking me to sec for immediate and unceremonious execution.

So much for taking out a hated foe while going out with a bang, eh?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2018, 08:56:11 pm »

Space Station 13

everyones first attempt at being robust ends this way, i feel.

i was once RP'ing as a security guard (my first time playing sec) who was normal. non-violent offenders were read their rights and handcuffed and gently led to a holding cell, writing out paperwork on what they did and the sentence, and then I took all their gear off and checked their pockets. everything was put in their bag, which i put in the locker in the cell and locked it with my card. very humane, RP-friendly, and i was commended by the captain himself! i was so proud, i wanted to be a cop in real life at that point.

but then it happened. a shitshow, a cult took over the bar and my unrobust ass got the riot gear out alongside my fellow sec. i ended up tazing a fellow officer and getting shanked by a chefs knife.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2018, 02:18:48 am »

Heh, I managed to tase myself once. And not in the "hit someone with a powered stun baton while on harm intent" (although that has happened as well).

There was some murderer running around, and the acting captain popped out a couple hybrid tasers for us to use. We ran into cargo, guns blazing. And somehow, thanks to space magic, I managed to fire the gun while running forward, which made the projectile spawn behind me and hit me in the back.  Luckily my distraction was enough for the other dude to take the perp down, but still pretty embarrassing.

And then there's CM, where I've run out into a charge as an alien, and forgotten to switch my intent from "help", meaning I'd dash out into the thick of the enemy and start cuddling them awkwardly.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2018, 09:01:50 am »

As you might have seen, I started playing Heat Signature again.

It's fun. I shoot people, occasionally get shot, and on a few occasions hide from people because I can't or don't want to shoot them.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2018, 07:09:03 pm »

Still been trying to play SS13, hoping to get on the rounds where the usual assholes aren't in full bloom, and getting treated to massive, persistent, game-breaking lag.  Pinging gives me results of 200-300ms, but the actual effects are much more severe. Chunking along with an action every half second, flying across the screen because my "release movement key" signal never got sent, having to stand still and suffer 5-6 seconds of complete lockdown while some random and otherwise easily defeated NPC mob pounds away at my blissfully inactive body... Yeah. Good times.

No clue what's causing all the problems... This actually seems to be a client-side thing, since the whole machine chugs its way to a standstill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2018, 12:19:01 am »

Bought One Hour One Life this morning, and it is amazing.
I'm very much still learning, but I can manage the more basic farms and supply gathering at least.
I'm actually enjoying the learning process, which is usually what turns me off any of those other crafting-heavy survival games. I started cobbling together notes to compile a guide for myself this morning, something I've always planned on doing for other complex games like SS13 but have never really gotten around to.

Anyone else tried the game? :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2018, 04:09:43 pm »

Very recently (well... yesterday :D ) discovered the 40k mod for OpenXCOM Extended+

It's really well done and reminds me a lot, due to the sound atmosphere, of the good old Chaos Gate .

A few screenshots of my disastrous battles with chaos troops, early game for now my guys equipment is rather basic.
https://imgur.com/a/IdUN3l9

Got into a terror mission that involved several flying and grounded chaos raptors (with some xcom reaper-like armored red beast that wh40k name i have no idea) attacking a bunch of hopeless imperial guards while my own guards and spacemarine scouts were trying to save the day.

I had to get away due to running completely out of ammo due to how accuracy at long range is really lower than in normal XCOM (fortunately for both your troops and the chaos bastards).
My few surviving imperial guards managed to fetch a few enemy corpses for analysis before rushing under the rain of raptor shots :D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2018, 08:10:56 pm »

Mostly Cultist Stimulator at the moment. I feel somewhat unable to move on to another game until I beat it, but I'm taking my sweet ass time doing it.

But also been playing a little WH40K Inquisitor Martyr with LoSobbac and Biowraith.

After CS I really need to fire up Darkest Dungeon and play the Color of Madness DLC.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2018, 10:56:48 pm »

It should be noted that even if you don't own the Color of Madness DLC, there's still some new stuff to the game. A number of skills have been changed about so that heroes can do new things or can no longer do things they were once able to, heroes who perform crits now get a boost that lasts for a couple of turns, and so on.

Pretty big changes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2018, 03:14:27 am »

I'm currently replaying Half Life 2 and the episodes, and I'm currently on episode 2 trying to get the little rocket man achievement and it's a massive pain in the ass, hardest part so far has been keeping the gnome in the car and not being shot by the helicopter, but I'm determined to get that little bastard into space.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2018, 01:05:59 am »

After seeing Rabbit's video on Dark Messiah of Might And Magic, I decided to pick up the game today while it was on sale.

I can say that from what I've seen so far, the video is accurate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 100