Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178777 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1290 on: January 03, 2023, 08:24:27 pm »

Having recently drafted Ymira into my army of just myself :D, we decided to run to the rescue of good old King (Kaiser in that mod) Harlaus (wanted to build up some points with swadia as in my plan i wanted to join this kingdom).
Harlaus army was fighting 3 rhodok lords at the same time.

The swadians were also more numerous than their 3 enemies and were winning that fight as their troops were losing less men than the other side, so despite i was still at the beginning of the game with a bow that deal peanuts damage and a small axe that does not do much more and some useless leather paper thin armor, i decided to courageously join the obviously winning side .

For some reason after a few waves of reinforcements, no more troops appeared on my side for reason i don't really know (as there was more troops in Harlaus army than what i fought along) .
But the Rhodoks had easily still +20 guys that decided to just run at me and shoot various shots in my general direction, i decided to bravely retreat.

My brillant tactical decision got the massive approval of all my army ... well i mean approval from Ymira

(playing the most excellent Bannerpage mod for M&B Warband)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 04, 2023, 02:30:05 pm »

I picked up Elden Ring during the Winter Sale and so far I'm having fun. I'm also dying a lot and I'm stuck on two different bosses (early ones, which doesn't bode well for the rest of the game), but still it's pretty fun. Running a Warrior with Dualblade mainly, along with a flail for foes that want striking damage.
Which bosses? I suggest summoning help, that and I too am getting back into ER. Beeg sword, unga bunga strength build.
Margit the Fell and Leonine Misbegotten, though I managed to kill the latter last night so I'm hoping that Margit will soon follow. I haven't tried summoning actual people yet because it seems like that uses consumables, and I tend to hoard such items in case I really need them later.

Also managed to kill the Tree Sentinel (the horseman in golden armor that prowls the starting area ready to murder helpless newbies), so I am making a sort of progress. I'm just slow because I don't play many soulslikes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 05, 2023, 05:12:40 pm »

Margit is a famously tough boss that people (especially people for who its their first soulslike) get stuck on. If you are having too much trouble don't worry about it. Explore elsewhere and get stronger then come back a bit later and see if you can handle him (rinse and repeat till you beat him).

If you are having a bunch of trouble on a boss though (like Margit) just use a summon if you want to, there are enough of them you don't need to worry about running out plus you can craft more using a very common item forever. So you can run literally the entire game (where you are allowed to have a summon) with a bro or two if you feel like it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 05:19:34 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 05, 2023, 07:36:01 pm »

Use the Wolf pack spirits, they gank tf out of Margit.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 05, 2023, 10:56:51 pm »

Doing a mix of FFXIV, Dragon's Dogma and Shadow Empire, swapping to avoid getting burnt out on any of those.  :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 05, 2023, 11:58:07 pm »

I haven't tried summoning actual people yet because it seems like that uses consumables, and I tend to hoard such items in case I really need them later.

The consumable it uses is the Erd Tree flower. 1 Erd Tree Flower = 1 Furled Finger. Erd Tree flowers are insanely common, and you even get rewarded Furled Fingers for doing MP itself. So I'd just recommend taking 10 minutes to farm some flowers and you'll probably never need to again.

I will say the game goes from pretty tough to only moderately challenging once you start doing MP. So depending on what your priorities are (gettin gud vs. beating the game), coop may change how you view it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 07:37:33 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 06, 2023, 03:09:51 am »

And if you'd rather not bother with real people, summon spirits. Makes the game easier but so does upgrading your weapon.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 06, 2023, 02:04:26 pm »

FTR I did defeat Margit, and Godrick the Grafted not long after (though I accidentally found a back route into the Lakes region before doing so), but this feels like it's starting to be something that should go in a dedicated Elden Ring thread. I assume we have one :P

Also yes, I didn't realize that the MP-enabling item was so damn easy to craft until I poked around the crafting menu some. So I may be making use of that periodically.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 06, 2023, 02:30:19 pm »

I don't think we have an Elden Ring thread, do we?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 06, 2023, 02:30:59 pm »

I would be flabbergasted if we didn’t considering how much love the Souls games get.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 06, 2023, 02:33:20 pm »

Doesn't look like it, I looked 6 to 7 pages in and all I saw were a Dark Souls and a Dark  Souls 3 thread.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 06, 2023, 02:34:43 pm »

SOMEONE MUST RIGHT THIS WRONG.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 06, 2023, 02:38:05 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 06, 2023, 07:36:36 pm »

Ya'll wound me to the quick.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 06, 2023, 08:40:53 pm »

It was buried deep tho my guy
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100