Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178052 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2018, 08:54:23 am »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2018, 09:03:21 am »

Been playing Rend lately.

I got through one cycle and about halfway through a second cycle, and I'm about ready to retire. Most of the crew I've been playing with already has given up.
The game has a great concept, with a mixture of base building, survival, and faction pvp. Unfortunately it seems clear that the developers have no idea how to effectively implement any of these ideas or combine them to make an enjoyable experience. Limited space and pieces ensure that every building is a simple box, and once built you realize there's no point to having it. PvE has no blocking or dodging or active abilities, so it's just a matter of plinking arrows into a critter and hoping they die before you do, which gets boring very fast. PvP is high risk with very little reward, so few people bother, and even fewer do so in an organized manner.

The game is Early Access, so it may evolve into something worthwhile...but the current dev feedback does not sound like they are moving in that direction. There has been no acknowledgement of the biggest shortcomings in the game right now, and the stuff they are working on seems unlikely to help much.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2018, 09:05:23 am »

Probably Two-point hospital when it comes out tomorrow
...Spiritual successor to Theme Hospital?!
The thing I've been longing for pretty much forever?? Oh man! Time to get all "add to wishlist" up in dis bitch.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2018, 09:06:28 am »

The thing I've been longing for pretty much forever?? Oh man! Time to get all "add to wishlist" up in did bitch.
Also of note: Cities Skylines as a successor to SimCity and Planet Coaster as a successor to Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2018, 10:00:54 am »

Not quite.
Oh, so it's YADZ. Yet Another DayZ.

Been playing Rend lately.
I remember reading the pitch for it a long while back, and the stripped-down concept sounded kinda neat... Extended round-based PvP with PvE elements and some team endeavors (which apparently came to mean "base building").

But looking at later videos, ehhh... Not huge on it. I was kinda expecting something more like Savage, but with a more hostile environment.

Lots of innovative game concepts flying around these days. Shame so many of them wind up in the "half-baked turd" bucket.

Speaking of, Hellsign (formerly Hellhunters) has announced a release date! This is after however many years of the sketchiest "development" I've seen, including a Twitter account that has done fuckall but post random horror-tagged fanart of anything at all and the exact same gifs/screenshots from the announcement video every week for YEARS.

I legitimately do not believe they have a goddamn thing to show beyond those original clips. They posted some "update notes" along with the name change announcement, but besides being a big gear shift with absolutely nothing to prove that anything of the sort has actually been implemented, if they actually did implement the stuff they mentioned then they've made the game concept worse (in my opinion). Damned if you do, damned if you don't... Awful poetic, ain't it?

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2018, 12:43:47 pm »

Nominally SCUM. Bought it last night because it released and my gaming group already has a server set up. Launched the game, twiddled with options, baby started crying, shut off game, did baby stuff, went to sleep.

Such is the life of a parent.
Haha, tell me about it!

Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2018, 11:10:05 pm »

The thing I've been longing for pretty much forever?? Oh man! Time to get all "add to wishlist" up in dis bitch.

Someone make a thread about it! I haven't played the game yet so I don't feel I have the right.
It's the same guys from Theme Hospital. It's Bullfrog, reviving in 2018.

Here's a podcast about it.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2018, 11:43:37 pm »

Finally managed to tolerate SR2 in windowed mode (as well as knowing I had to do that kind of thing to help prevent crashes in the first place).

Still wondering why the port turned out like it did, but Gentlemen of The Row's managed to prevent the whole mess from getting, well, messier.

Incidentially, are the cars in Saint's Row 2 supposed to have turning circles that are really tiny? I hold down the button to turn left for almost a whole second and I'm halfway through a u-turn...

I haven't watched any walkthroughs that have a lot of driving so I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2018, 06:49:50 am »

Europa Universalis III, more to test all the modding I did to it, because you just can't have HRE not fragmented into one-province minors (say hi to Nurnberg, and Regensburg, and Metz, and Zurich, and Worms, and Carniola and Carinthia...).

Bless be Paradox for putting most of game code into .txt files. BLESS!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2018, 08:35:37 am »

Someone make a thread about it! I haven't played the game yet so I don't feel I have the right.
It's the same guys from Theme Hospital. It's Bullfrog, reviving in 2018.
Ohhhh shiiiiitt!!
As if I wasn't excited enough already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2018, 09:34:58 am »

Technically its Mark Webley and Gary Carr, the original producer and lead artist respectively plus some assorted survivors of Lionhead Games.
I already put in 10 hours into Two-point hospital, Very addictive. Much fun. 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2018, 10:56:40 am »

Finally managed to tolerate SR2 in windowed mode (as well as knowing I had to do that kind of thing to help prevent crashes in the first place).
For minute i thought you were talking about space ranger 2, the latest edition. Man now i think ill have to reinstall it... But i am not done with X:rebirth modded yet... i just managed to find that damn warpgate in that start where you are dumped un the middle of a xenon sector i think? One of the dlc new gamestart
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2018, 09:40:12 pm »

playin the last remnant. i either got the key free from here a long time ago or i got it from somewhere, cuz i know i didnt buy it before it dropped from the store.

im.... unhealthily addicted to perfecting my unions for maximum stats. the game gets this feel of making your own mercenary crew just right. its a quirky gem. theres just something "right" about making your party out of smaller groups. gives a real weight to the combat; even though heroes are strong, they do need backup.

on the side ive gotten way into kenshi again. with the 256 recruit limit mod, i will make outer heaven. the game gives me this weird ocd when i get my fort up and running; everyone not a "hero" needs to be uniformed in crafted gear.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2018, 02:15:39 pm »

"You're pretty good."

[finger guns]
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2018, 02:52:37 pm »

Started playing Factorio again a little, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it.  The premise is good, but in practice it feels kind of weird to mostly automate things so I can stick jars of colored liquids in giant domes that magically research new technologies.  It's still in early access I think, so I'm guessing all of that's going to change eventually.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 100