Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178482 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2018, 02:04:44 pm »

Yeah. It wasnt exactly bad but tis a very chaotic rpg. And has some really puerile features
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2018, 12:07:59 am »

Fallout New Vegas.

With Mods.

Currently trying to get through all the Someguy Series with one character. Completed NVB 1 and Russel, kind of starting 2 (Haven't actually progressed the storyline yet) but haven't started The Inheritance, let alone NVB 3 or Checkpoint Gary.

Napagady

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2018, 04:03:16 am »

Hello everyone!
 I play NBA and FIFA. I like sport games.
But i will try red dead redemption 2 in few days :)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2018, 04:51:51 am »

I started playing Resident Evil 6 recently, I'm liking it so far, its a lot easier than 4.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2018, 05:35:46 am »

I've recently completed Serious Sam 3: BFE, and man, that was a wonderful game! If the final boss wasn't somewhat disappointing, I would've put it above DOOM 2016, cuz mowing down the waves of headless kamikaze and skeletons is so fucking cathartic, that it is almost a sin.

When my family will be in a better financial situation, I'll be likely to snatch the other Serious Sam games on sale.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:23:49 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2018, 08:14:10 am »

headless kamikaze

Mandatory:

"...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA-*BOOM*"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2018, 11:56:42 am »

Friend of mine gifted me Project Zomboid, so I’ve been playing that recently.

Having fun on his server, living out on a farm and looting the city courtesy of a van he repaired.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2018, 10:24:10 pm »

Bloodborne.

I fucking hate dark souls, though I like a lot of the ideas behind it, the difficult combat, desolate world and minimalist storytelling, the way the maps are interconnected in ways that make them feel so much bigger and more interesting to explore.  Which is why I fucking love Bloodborne.  It's got all those things, but it's fixed all the shit I hate about dark souls.  The pseudo-counters where you do more damage if you hit an enemy mid-attack, the mechanic where you can recover recent damage by hitting back, making potions an item you can find instead of a fixed resource.

No Capra Demons so far (not the monster itself, but the type of encounter the capra demon is, a bullshit gotcha fight where you're battling the stupid mechanics more than the monster itself, the capra demon kind of encapsulates everything I hate about dark souls).

The game's still hard as hell, but the changes make it a much smoother experience where you want to press forward instead of grinding and hiding and constantly feeling like you're fucked.  I feel like I'm being challenged by the monsters and the environments in an organic way, instead of trying to figure out what kind of bullshit the devs are pulling on me.

Also the chalice was a great idea.

I like this game a lot.
Shoes...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2018, 11:32:01 pm »

Invisible Inc.

Dunno what else to say other than it's a good game, especially as the game progresses and scenes slowly degrade from a state of order to a state of disorder.

See, everything in the game runs on a pattern, and your objective is to get through those patterns as best you can without disrupting them. Now, the thing is - if you do wind up disrupting the pattern - say, through causing a guard to be distracted/notice a noise made, getting recorded on a security cam or - possibly the worst of all - getting spotted - the pattern begins to crack.

You take down a guard to keep them from shooting an agent, they'll fall unconscious but will eventually get back up - you either have to spend an agent to keep them pinned, or you have to leave before the guard wakes up and begins to hunt for your team. Something similar happens even if a guard gets merely distracted - they will never stop hunting you.

If you do kill a guard, and - barring special circumstances - their heart monitor will advance the alarm meter, which slowly makes the level a less safe place for agents to be in.

You get spotted by a guard and another guard's nearby - it's likely a second or even third guard will notice.

Security cameras will alert nearby guards that an agent is at their position, causing them to go looking... and they'll never stop hunting, similar to guards who have been knocked out.

It's kind of what I imagine Dwarf Fortress to be like - starting off relatively small and either growing into something extremely powerful, or descending into a hectic scenario where bodies lie everywhere and merely breathing wrong can get you shot.

Or both.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2018, 02:34:36 am »

Been playing some retro titles on my grossly underpowered chromebook.

OpenMW hosted Morrowind, and Warzone 2100.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2018, 03:19:42 pm »

I just finished Doki-Doki Literature Club, which is old news by this point I think, but a friend wanted me to play it.  It was a little hard to sit through the first half of the game, since it's a horror game hidden behind an otherwise convincing dating sim, but the second half was kind of interesting.

I can really appreciate the metafictional elements in it.  Kind of inspired me to try doing something similar, although I can't really decide on the exact medium.

Also played Deltarune.  Cannot wait for the final release.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2018, 07:20:22 pm »

Just about done with the main game of Destiny 2, which I got for free.

And you know what? I'm enjoying it. The story is facepalmingly bad, from the voice acting to the story structure. The gearing system and the way the game has been subdivided between whether you've bought the DLC or not is opaque and frustrating sometimes to understand.

But the visuals are great. The combat is enjoyable (if you enjoy Halo style FPS action.) The mayhem when the game really dials everything up to 11 is great.  The gearing system isn't even that bad, once you understand it. It's basically The Division or Borderlands with its own style or tweaks. At its core it feels like a game for the casual player and I'm actually ok with that. It's an easy, somewhat mindless FPS spectacle with 14 million things to spend your time on and play with friends, and for where I'm at right now in life that's otay.

Compared to Warframe, which is a much deeper and much less casual game on every front, I feel like D2 has a place in the market. When I want to look good and feel good shooting stuff but I don't really want to put the time in to get anything, Destiny 2 does an admirable job of keeping me and boredom from meeting. This isn't a straight endorsement; I can't fault anyone for finding the game or the action in it boring.

But I'm enjoying it enough I think I'll shell out the $40 for the DLC pack. D2 has given me enough enjoyment for free that I feel like Bungie has earned some of my dollars. I feel a little bad paying in to what has been and may continue to be a vehicle for the microtransaction-based game of the future....but in other ways I found the game much less offensively P2W than it's been presented by others. But I've yet to hit the real late game gear grind.

Still, I feel like something good should be said about the game. I would have never picked it up had I not gotten it for free. But I guess for me it shows you can't always judge how much you'll like a game based just on what the internet outrage machine says. The outrage machine isn't wrong, there is a whole lot of fucky bullshit that's gone on in D2. And I'm not sure I wouldn't be livid if I'd paid $60 for this then had to pay another $60 to get more than 30 hours of meaningful gameplay out of it.

But I seemed to have come in at a good time and the fucky bullshit, while it's definitely made understanding how the game operates more difficult, hasn't actually ruined my fun yet.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 07:28:36 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2018, 03:14:35 am »

Higurashi Daybreak Kai.
A) It's hideous.
B) It's hilarious.
Not in multiplayer, sadly. Firstly, because it's not some big and popular game and it may be tough to find players, secodly, because, knowing the developers, you actually can't play with someone further than, like, 100 1000 km from you without terrible lags, at best. Which makes first issue even more of an issue.  ::) I wondered how you can screw up netcode that much, and come to a conclusion that devs are nacists, and did this on purpose, because they don't want game to be (actively) played outside Japan.  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:40:10 am by MCreeper »

Napagady

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2018, 07:14:56 am »

I started to play GTA 4 again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2018, 07:53:57 am »

I started to play GTA 4 again
Hey cousin, let's go bowling!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 100