Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178229 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2019, 06:02:38 am »

I've been playing The Last of Us a lot recently, I quite like the story so far and the game play has been fun as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2019, 06:25:00 am »

The first one? It's so good ey!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

simpleyuji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 07, 2019, 10:04:16 am »

Playing 7 days to die. It's a little harder than I expected, and I die quite often, so I would sometimes switch to creative/debug mode to have a better grasp on things.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 07, 2019, 10:36:35 am »

Mostly Cataclysm DDA.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 07, 2019, 10:50:10 am »

Way too many sims at the moment. I'm doing a "complete X games in 2019" challenge and chose the most open-ended bullshit I could.

Mandatory level ups are crap.

Thief Simulator, I'm level whatever. Let's say 18. I have three skill points. Cool, my new mission is to get skill X, which costs two. But wait, I need to be level 20 to get that skill. Gains on street one are low at this point as you've picked it clean. Street two is a difficulty jump as everyone's got cameras, half of the people have shutters, and someone's at home at all times.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018, there's a story mission you can pick up somewhere around level 25. Paint the car its factory color. Paint unlocks at level 30. So until that point, you've got a car taking up a spot in your garage. Have fun uninstalling a few thousand damaged parts and then installing a few thousand replacements.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 07, 2019, 10:54:05 am »

Age of Empires 2; had it when I was a kid, with Conquerors demo too.

Bought it on Steam with all expansions and boy, infinite fun.

Atilla campaign best campaign.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 08, 2019, 03:14:27 am »

Age of Empires 2; had it when I was a kid, with Conquerors demo too.

Bought it on Steam with all expansions and boy, infinite fun.

Atilla campaign best campaign.
Curiously, I just had the "sleep in the saddle, drink the rain" line from the Genghis Khan campaign intro going through my head the last couple days. Attila campaign definitely has some neat stuff in it, too. Although personally I always had a soft spot for aggravating the peasants in the first El Cid mission.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 12, 2019, 08:19:42 am »

Breach
Final alpha before Early Access is happening this weekend, and I'm looking forward to playing a lot.

EDIT:
After playing about a dozen games, I think I got a good feel for Breach. The concept is certainly novel. On the surface, this is a 4-man-team survival thing, like Left4Dead or Vermintide. The twist is that there is also 1 player on the bad guy team, who casts spells and possesses monsters to impede the heroes progress.

After each match, I found that I just had absolutely zero desire to play again. It's hard to say why exactly...the action just wasn't exciting, and the character progress not tangible enough. Some other people seem to enjoy the game well enough, but I won't be buying into Breach at launch.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:16:33 am by Folly »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2019, 04:01:57 am »

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, currently at the Iron Keep and farming Alonne Knights* for Blacksteel Katanas. I'm going to try out a dual-wield build with those things.

*And I already have a feeling that I'll kill every Alonne Knight and will not get a single Katana drop, only their armor.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2019, 04:31:19 am »

Lots of older CRPGs. Slowly getting a new appreciation for the genre.

Ultima IV is good. I like all the talking, puzzles and exploration aspects, but it's starting to try my patience with all the navigation obstacles. Combat isn't really a challenge unless poison is involved, and not even then if you're anywhere near a town or have herbs stocked up. The "slow progress" while walking through trees/hills or sailing against the wind is just an annoyance; all it does is make you hit the movement key multiple times. Even so, I'm still motivated to finish it.

Death Knights of Krynn is ridiculously hard. Most enemies are undead and thus immune to magic, while themselves causing paralysis or poison (both of which mean instant death.) I also think I broke the game by picking the wrong choice in a role-playing encounter, because an essential NPC is missing from the game world. If I continue this one, I think I'm going to make an all-new party instead of using my hilariously underpowered and underleveled group from Champions.

Dungeon Master is difficult and has the added consideration of being incredibly clunky and awkward, even with the fan remake/port's added keyboard controls. But I like the art style and puzzles so far.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2019, 09:51:31 am »

The announcement of Alien: Blackout both annoyed me and inspired me to play Alien: Isolation again.  I'm not as good at this game as I remembered being, but that may be partially due to my stinginess with things like flares and noisemakers.  I keep trying to beat sections without using anything because I might need it later...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:31 am »

Dungeon Master is difficult and has the added consideration of being incredibly clunky and awkward, even with the fan remake/port's added keyboard controls. But I like the art style and puzzles so far.

Yeah, the atmosphere of the game is top notch for its era.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2019, 01:57:06 pm »

I’ve been playing Sunless sea.
It’s dark, grim, and occasionally hilarious. It’s great.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 03, 2019, 02:28:33 pm »

modded and am playing morrowind again. ive been reading Goblin Slayer, so im in the mood for classic hardcore RPGs. morrowinds a lighter shade of hardcore but its got the classic rpg feel down. might re-dl gothic 1 and 2. anyone have any other action rpgs that are either classic feeling (like character classes and dice rolls) or hardcore feel (hard starts, moneys not just everywhere, combat is suicide without gear)?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2019, 02:33:14 am »

Down well seems like another one of many experiences I’d probably waste several quarters on if it were an arcade.

However, I still don’t have too much experience with it, so I still can’t fathom how anyone manages to get combos of 25 or greater...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100