Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178054 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #435 on: April 23, 2019, 09:34:53 pm »

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is awesome when it plays to its strengths, being a ridiculous anime beat-em-up set in the already ridiculous world of Metal Gear Solid.

However, there are still far too many sequences where it says "Okay, stop having fun now, stealth section." They're not technically forced upon you, since you can choose to fight, but in a way that's even worse than just failing you for being spotted. The enemies in most of these stealth sections are big gorilla-like things, the majority of their attacks can't be parried, and even if it can be parried, Raiden is just as likely to decide not to.

It doesn't help that all the mechanics that make stealth possible in MGS (visible vision cones for enemies, an easy-to-read radar/map screen, highly predictable enemy behavior, etc.) have all been removed or heavily altered.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 23, 2019, 10:08:32 pm »

Mastiffs aren't that hard to fight once you get used to them. Any attack that doesn't make the whole enemy flash yellow during the windup CAN be parried. That is universally true. If you see yellow, use dodge instead by pressing jump and lightattack at the same time.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 23, 2019, 11:54:35 pm »

WoW in two different private servers (i cant play retail due to machine and money reasons). one is Cataclysm and i have a Balance Druid(Worgen) whereas the other is Pandaria and i have recently started a Mage(Night Elf).

it kinda gives me inspiration in terms of design and balance choices. Blizzard has been in decline but there's some stuff that this game does that no other games seem to replicate properly and it makes me want to try some of its features in prototypes.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2019, 05:46:51 pm »

Fate\stay night VN.
What i wanted: Bleakness! Insanity! Gore! (First two or three chapters of Kara No Kyoukai would fit the bill. Why this thing becomes lamer and badder with each damn chapter? As many others do.).And some bad anime, apparently.
What i expected: Wacky fighty anime full of ridicolous characters, WILLPOWER, attack naming, absurdly named terms and absurd terms that don't make sense even in context.
What i got: Wacky fighty anime full of ridicolous characters, WILLPOWER, attack naming, over the top speceffects, absurdly named terms and absurd terms that don't make sense even in context, that is fully voiced and haves plot that advances at the speed of a tortoise that really doesn't want to go anywhere. Seriously, i were reading this for seven hours today, and three yesterday, and they got in only one serious fight, not counting very beginning.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:50:04 pm by MCreeper »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 26, 2019, 02:01:57 am »

Mass Effect 2 was obviously made on a higher budget than the first one, but "look at pistol" has joined "pace back and forth," "plaintive gesture" and "exit stage left" on the list of extremely recognizable canned animations. They hide it better with camera angles and lighting, but I still kind of groan when I see it.

I suppose it's a step up from KOTOR, where every conversation happened with every character at exactly arm's length with the exact same 3/4 close-up shot. It bothered me less in that game though, probably because it had less pretentions or I expected less of it, or both.

I wish I was 10 years old again so I could experience the Mass Effect trilogy the same way I experienced KOTOR. I was old enough to be good at games, but not so old that I was disillusioned by their tropes and limitations, and could still get truly lost in a world made of about 10 polygons and a jpeg.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:04:27 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 26, 2019, 10:40:05 am »

Just got done with the ordeal of Rusty Bucket Bay in Banjo-Kazooie, so it's off to what I think is the last level in the game.  Except I can't find the puzzleboard to open it.  I'm... a little confused on why the developers made it hard to actually get to some of the levels in the game.

Or maybe I just made a major mistake of hitting the button to unlock the puzzleboard right before quitting a couple of days ago.  I'm guessing it actually showed me where it was in the little cinematic that played, but two days later I don't remember and now I can't find it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 28, 2019, 03:41:22 am »

City of Heroes :D :D :D

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 28, 2019, 11:36:59 am »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 29, 2019, 08:49:57 am »

Just got done with the ordeal of Rusty Bucket Bay in Banjo-Kazooie, so it's off to what I think is the last level in the game.  Except I can't find the puzzleboard to open it.  I'm... a little confused on why the developers made it hard to actually get to some of the levels in the game.

Or maybe I just made a major mistake of hitting the button to unlock the puzzleboard right before quitting a couple of days ago.  I'm guessing it actually showed me where it was in the little cinematic that played, but two days later I don't remember and now I can't find it.

Finally gave up and googled it.  The entrance was hidden in a passage underwater near the beginning of the game.  Kind of frustrating since I did actually check near here a couple of times, but it had been a couple of weeks since I first passed the area and so I forgot about the underwater part.

At least the level is more fun than Rusty Bucket Bay.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 29, 2019, 11:09:14 am »

Just started Divinity Original Sin 2 with a friend online. Still early game, but it seems both better thought out (more complete) than the original and also slightly less interesting. At least early game crafting seems viable (making shivs and other crap items, because you're on a prison island).

The way all armor is ablative kind of means tanks are impossible, though. Even with shields and other armor-rebuilding, it's not going to last long enough to help much.

Thieving also makes more sense. People now notice when stuff is stolen, and make nearby characters prove they didn't steal their stuff. Guards also care if you stole someone else's stuff. The main thing I miss so far is using the pyramids to teleport the party back together (but not the teleporter puzzles, 2-3 is enough forever).

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 29, 2019, 11:15:04 am »

You cannot simply post that and not explain. City of Heroes shut down years ago, and last I checked the closest thing you could get to a private server was this character creator / free roam thing.

Provide more information or forever be considered an honorless scoundrel.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 29, 2019, 11:17:49 am »

Didn't people find out recently that there was a secret private server running City of Heroes?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:25:30 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 29, 2019, 11:22:28 am »

City of Heroes shut down years ago, and last I checked the closest thing you could get to a private server was this character creator / free roam thing.
Long story short, a disgruntled dev leaked to source code several years back to a group who set up a server hidden away from the larger community. A leaker exposed it's existence and a shitstorm of sorts have been ongoing since

I've never played but its been interesting to follow.

Been playing Anno 1800 and if anything its been a sign to upgrade my laptop again
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 29, 2019, 11:23:13 am »

You cannot simply post that and not explain. City of Heroes shut down years ago, and last I checked the closest thing you could get to a private server was this character creator / free roam thing.
Provide more information or forever be considered an honorless scoundrel.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/26/22000-people-have-rolled-city-of-heroes-rogue-server-accounts-as-the-game-itself-turns-15-years-old/

The City of Heroes server source code was leaked and a group have spent years reverse engineering it enough to get it running on private servers. A few weeks ago these facts became public, and the group decided to share their work, allowing others to start up private servers, creating a massive public response from people eager to play CoH again.

I listened to the group behind this movement basically host a roundtable discussion last night on the CoH Discord. It was interesting. Basically, they are fully expecting NCSoft to shut them down soon, but they are making every effort to appeal to the major corporation's generous side in hopes they might allow this thing to continue in some capacity. On the offchance that they are allowed to continue, they also have plans to update CoH with a more modern graphics engine, implement various quality of life changes, and possibly add new content down the line.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 29, 2019, 11:25:32 am »

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

I know what I'm going to be doing once I get home.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100