Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178590 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 10:55:14 pm »

Playtesting the Mini Minecraft server I have running on that repurposed NAS box.
I think I can handle up to 5 simultaneous players on it, but havent been able to attract any interest.
Guess I will just abuse my OP status, and start building a megaproject.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2018, 05:15:21 am »

I was playing the original Doom earlier and got to the phobos anomaly, and promptly died, first time I ever got that far but I've only played it a few times.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2018, 07:33:59 am »

Stellaris and loving it
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2018, 02:41:48 pm »

Monster Hunter World and Merge Dragons both have very temporary and very fun events going on, so I'm focused on them atm.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Fortnite also have events going on, but they kinda always have back-to-back events, so those are second priority atm.

Ni No Kuni 2 and Vermintide 2 have both been put on the back burner until these events pass...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2018, 04:49:59 pm »

Stellaris and loving it

Ditto.  I bought it a couple of months ago to play multiplayer with friends, then forgot about it when they promptly lost interest and the new patch was released that changed almost everything I knew.

Started playing it again last night and I really, really enjoy it so far.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2018, 05:49:33 pm »

New 1500$ system to replace one that killed itself a few months ago. What's the first few things I drop on it? Some of the Humble Monthly backlog that can push it a bit looks good... Dark Souls III, Tomb Raider or Civ VI, maybe?

Nope. DCSS (webtiles), Starward Rogue, Puzzle Pirates, and ToME (ASCII).
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2018, 11:49:06 pm »

New 1500$ system to replace one that killed itself a few months ago. What's the first few things I drop on it? Some of the Humble Monthly backlog that can push it a bit looks good... Dark Souls III, Tomb Raider or Civ VI, maybe?

Nope. DCSS (webtiles), Starward Rogue, Puzzle Pirates, and ToME (ASCII).

Pretty relatable. DF was one of the first things I installed on my super-duper fancy rig that I got at a relatively good price (for what it can do, anyway.)

Anyway, on topic, I'm bouncing back and forth between Rimworld, Caves of Qud and modded DOOM right now.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2018, 11:58:57 pm »

Bouncing back and forth between playing on my lonely minecraft server (I do wish someone would at least poke around on it other than me, but in the meantime, personal megaproject is underway), Farcry 4 truck grenade funtime, and Fallout 4 replay.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2018, 02:59:42 am »

Right now I'm bouncing between X3: Terran Conflict, Fallout: New Vegas, Dark Souls 3, and Europa Universalis 4, with Terran Conflict being the game I play the most at the moment.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2018, 04:15:46 am »

Currently messing with Dwarf Fortress making a crappy mod and making sure it works right.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2018, 01:31:52 pm »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2018, 01:50:59 pm »

While the tip (hurr) is appreciated, I'm fairly certain that link is against forum regulations.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2018, 07:33:23 pm »

When I read the news (fusee gelee, whee!) I went ahead and got a switch before nintendo can release updated hardware that plugs the hole. Picked up skyrim for it. Been busy grinding to get my homestead running before doing real questing.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2018, 08:53:38 pm »

Playing Frostpunk and loving it.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2018, 08:34:43 am »

Playing BattleTech just for the having it available for the PC again. 
I like the lore even when I am not caught up with it all. 
This 2018 game is about running a mercenary and controlling a squad (lance) of 4 mechs. 
It has the streamlined UI for moving, choosing targets, and mechwarrior skills. 

It's turned base similar to XCOM, but much more details. 
Where in XCOM, you have blue move, spring, and shoot/overwatch. 

Here you can move, spring, moving using jump jets if you have. 
There is no overwatch, but there is "reserve" where you wait out for the enemy to move first so you ca react. 

Shooting is clicking on a target, and clicking on which weapons you want to shoot.  If skilled in multi-target, then you can shoot up to 3 different targets.  You can even do called shots where you choose to shoot a specific are of the mech (torso, arm, leg, head). 

Shooting an enemy from the rear is similar to XCOM Flanking, where enemy mech rear has fewer armor protection. 

Where is also mech melee, as well as jumping on the enemy mech's head (Death From Above, DFA) 

As for weapons:
- energy which is ammo-less but produce heat. 
- missiles which is limited by ammo capacity, and numbers and range vary (short or long), and quantity (2, 5, 10, 15, 20).
- cannon is ammo also similar to missiles but do set damage (2, 5, 10, 20) Auto cannon ammo is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle car. 
- various support weapons that shoot freebie when you melee (short range lasers, machine guns, flamers)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100