Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 177979 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #450 on: April 29, 2019, 11:30:19 am »

Thieving also makes more sense. People now notice when stuff is stolen, and make nearby characters prove they didn't steal their stuff. Guards also care if you stole someone else's stuff. The main thing I miss so far is using the pyramids to teleport the party back together (but not the teleporter puzzles, 2-3 is enough forever).

Protip: You can switch characters while talking to someone. Abuse this to keep your mark occupied while you rob them blind, and even distract bystanders so they don't notice what's going on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 29, 2019, 11:31:40 am »

Grim Dawn, mostly because I'm dead set on piling enough bodies atop of each other in order to reach lvl 100 as a HC char, and partly because I literally cannot be fucked installing anything else because there's a good chance I'd just have to reinstall the damn thing in a few days once something inevitably shits itself and breaks windows again.

And I gotta say, it's been suprisingly non-frustrating having to restart every several hours, mostly because in each instance the death was pretty much my fault and so far, the early content (first 30-40 levels or so) is still fairly enjoyable.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 29, 2019, 11:40:42 am »

Went back to Inquisitor Martyr. Needed my 40k game fix. Psykers are still completely OP. Traipsing through souped-up missions where I deal 70% less damage and take 110% more damage and still beating them without really breaking a sweat.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 29, 2019, 11:43:43 am »

Forager

It's a retro-graphics idle/clicker style game, where the goal is to gather resources and use them to craft tools and machines that let you gather more resources to build better tools and machines and so forth. There are some Zelda-like elements, with dungeons and puzzles and various tools needed to progress through them. There's also elements of Stardew Valley, with farming and collecting sets of rare junk to turn in for rewards.

Overall it's been a fun ride...but with 16 hours played all I have left is a bit of endgame grind for the completionist achievements, and $20 is difficult to justify with that length of gameplay.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 29, 2019, 01:01:59 pm »

Thieving also makes more sense. People now notice when stuff is stolen, and make nearby characters prove they didn't steal their stuff. Guards also care if you stole someone else's stuff. The main thing I miss so far is using the pyramids to teleport the party back together (but not the teleporter puzzles, 2-3 is enough forever).

Protip: You can switch characters while talking to someone. Abuse this to keep your mark occupied while you rob them blind, and even distract bystanders so they don't notice what's going on.

Yep. Just need to be fast to get what you want before they close the window and wander off to start accusing people. At least in Definitive Edition. You can also use the anchor on the mini-map to teleport the thief away, meaning all of the stolen stuff is somewhere that they can't get to. Problem being that our thief plays on a resolution that makes everything too tiny to see and uses a trackball, so he's very prone to misclicks.

My weakness is not spinning the map often enough to see all of the chests and barrels that the camera hides. Are there visibility options or an alternative to holding alt that makes containers show up?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 29, 2019, 01:41:51 pm »

My weakness is not spinning the map often enough to see all of the chests and barrels that the camera hides. Are there visibility options or an alternative to holding alt that makes containers show up?

Let there be Tooltips!

You might try this, though I cannot personally vouch for it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 29, 2019, 02:59:35 pm »

Has anyone made a life joke yet? No?
Oh okay

I'm currently playing a confusing game called life. Rather stressful and I don't know half the rules. I'd rate it....6/10
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 29, 2019, 03:11:31 pm »

City of Heroes :D :D :D
You cannot simply post that and not explain. City of Heroes shut down years ago, and last I checked the closest thing you could get to a private server was this character creator / free roam thing.

Provide more information or forever be considered an honorless scoundrel.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how much I could say without violating bullet point 5 of the forum guidelines; I figured a google search brings up the story, but I see others have filled in the details.

The 'Homecoming' servers are pretty overloaded (they had something like 8k people trying to play on 2 shards, but they extended that to 4 shards now), so there's been a lot of issues with disconnects, server crashes, etc... but there's also been hours at a time when it runs great :D

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 29, 2019, 03:31:09 pm »

Has anyone made a life joke yet? No?
Oh okay
I'm currently playing a confusing game called life. Rather stressful and I don't know half the rules. I'd rate it....6/10

Sadly there's only one other game in town. And while it has gotten some glowing reviews, I'm pretty sure those guys have not actually played it yet and are just getting paid to publish lies.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 29, 2019, 03:41:17 pm »

Let there be Tooltips!

You might try this, though I cannot personally vouch for it.

I might indeed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 30, 2019, 02:33:33 am »

Playing Apex Legends on PS4. Not really my kinda game, but it's free, a friend is playing it, and it (probably) beats Paladins...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 30, 2019, 08:51:33 am »

Streets Of Rogue - where you can free prisoners only to have them attack you for the sole reason of "You wear different clothing than them".

Where smashing people through walls isn't an uncommon occurrence with a high enough Melee stat.

Where cops don't give a shit about anything that doesn't happen right in front of them.

Where having a special hat is the only true claim to authority you can have.

It's a fun, if hectic game.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 01, 2019, 02:47:20 am »

If you eat a giantizer pill as a jock, you can charge through the level walls.

Unless that's been changed in a recent patch, that is... I haven't played in a while. Haven't even been to downtown yet!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 01, 2019, 12:55:15 pm »

Playing Fallout 1, which I've got for free, and so far it's good. It aged really well, IMO, and the fact that I can punch people in ze balls's a plus for me.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

sokmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 01, 2019, 04:27:48 pm »

Playing mordhau for past 2 days

Its very fun, like chivalry, but better somehow
Also.. you can halfsword and beat people with your crosshilt in it which is medieval as heck.
Also2.. Players often use actual battle lines in this game instead of charging randomly like if it was battlefield-like fps, i dont know how it even works, it must be intuitional or something... and that makes for a good game in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:47:00 pm by sokmund »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100