Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178600 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #510 on: July 09, 2019, 10:27:05 am »

For The King - which I got for free courtesy of Twitch Prime - seems like a fairly well-polished and designed videogame adaptation of a tabletop game. I haven't played very much of it at all, so I don't know how well it holds up over the course of multiple playthroughs.

Besides that, I've purchased DEADBOLT, SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE, Dead Rising 2, Payday 2 Ultimate Edition, VA-11 HALL-A, Into The Breach, and Desert Child - All of which I've enjoyed at least somewhat.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 09, 2019, 10:39:28 am »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:45:05 am by catacombs »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 09, 2019, 12:37:49 pm »

changing places among EVE, TiTS and Cataclysm:DDA

sometimes i also check on Cookie Clicker or Crush Crush!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 09, 2019, 01:49:54 pm »

Playing Mordhau, the best lute playing simulator on the market!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 09, 2019, 04:14:45 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:45:10 am by catacombs »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 09, 2019, 05:22:11 pm »

sometimes i also check on Cookie Clicker!

Have you played Universal Paperclips?

nope, im a bit of a graphics critic when playing these idles as in if there's not a proper visual interface i dont really check them.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 10, 2019, 10:31:43 am »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:45:17 am by catacombs »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 05, 2019, 10:06:15 am »

After playing and beating Banjo-Kazooie for the first time just a couple of months ago, I grabbed a copy of Banjo-Tooie off of Amazon and finally started playing it last night.

So far I've managed to get through about half of the Mayahem level, in a grand total of maybe an hour and a half of playtime, so maybe I'm judging it a little too quickly, but I don't think I'm going to like this one as much as the first.

It feels like they tried to make everything bigger and better than the first, but so far that doesn't feel like it's doing the game any favors.  The intro cinematic felt like it was 10 minutes long, and there's just so much more talking and things breaking up the action in ways that kill the pacing.  The wider open areas and higher resolution textures are also causing a lot of frame rate problems.  I'm not sure how I feel about the darker story either.  I'm usually perfectly happy with that, but it kind of kills the mood here.  It's also a real nitpick, but I'm irrationally bothered that they changed Banjo's goofy jumping voice overs into something more serious sounding.

On the other hand, listening to Jamjars talk is hilarious, and I did like the FPS section in the first level, so not all of the changes are bad.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 05, 2019, 01:15:52 pm »

Bought Dark Souls Remastered because it was $5 due to me owning the Prepare To Die Edition. I didn't actually have any interest in playing it but.....I never did beat Dark Souls 1. Was my first Dark Souls game and I played through it solo. Smough and Ornstein broke my will because I was totally ignorant of Souls games at the time.

Now, 8 years and two other souls games later, I felt prepared (to not die), so I fired it back up.

And I'm honestly enjoying it, more than I thought I would, despite how janky it is and how low quality the remaster was. Smoked Smough and Ornstein solo in just two attempts. Four Kings solo in three attempts. I'm feeling pretty good about beating the whole game solo at this point, and I can finally cross DS1 off my Git-Gud list.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 06, 2019, 04:26:17 am »

I've been sinking my evenings after work into The Long Dark. It's a survival game set in the Canadian wilderness, where you're the only survivor of a geomagnetic event that destroys much of the infrastructure in the isolated frozen island where your plane crashes.

It's a great man vs. nature game, with a slow, challenging gameplay that rewards thoughtful planning over twitch reflexes, which I love. No zombies, no mutants, just striving to craft survival tools, gather food, and avoid getting eaten by wolves or dying of hypothermia.

So far I've made it to 100 days survival on the game's hardest difficulty, which is a decent accomplishment. I'm preparing for a trip to one of the game's most isolated regions, searching for the last few scraps of pre-apocalypse equipment left in the game before time and the elements destroy them. After that, it's going to be a slow journey across the desolated winterlocked wastes, living off the land and battling the elements to see how long I'll survive before succumbing to the inevitable.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 06, 2019, 12:33:19 pm »

Oregon Trail II.

All aboard the cholera train chugga chugga poo poo
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 06, 2019, 01:43:38 pm »

After a long delay, Anthem finally got it's big update today! I can't wait to get back to flying around like an ironman~

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 06, 2019, 01:57:04 pm »

Oregon Trail II.

The dramatic / scare chord that plays whenever a wagon wheel breaks, a wagon tips over, someone shoots themselves or someone gets cholera will always be stuck in the back of mind.

As will the menu music, which was pretty catchy.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 06, 2019, 02:06:29 pm »

Oregon Trail II.

The dramatic / scare chord that plays whenever a wagon wheel breaks, a wagon tips over, someone shoots themselves or someone gets cholera will always be stuck in the back of mind.

As will the menu music, which was pretty catchy.

Tis' the song of adventure.

All of those things happened, three of them on the same day.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 06, 2019, 05:37:34 pm »

Could always be worse. Sometimes a mild case of death happens and sometimes its the end times. Just gotta keep on going.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 100