Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178110 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2018, 02:40:27 pm »

Playing yakuza 6. I fucking love this series.

I love that they took every little thing the series is known for, like dining at places, and pump them up a notch. If you get a beef plate and some beer (a thing dudes would do) it synergizes and you get a bonus to the healing and experience it provides.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2018, 06:18:31 am »

Playing Dwarf Fortress.
Messing with arena mode and seeing what happens if you let all metals be made into armor and weapons, and pitting people all one metal vs people with another metal. Lead and Zinc are apparently crap yet some how six guy with full lead armor, sword, and shields can kill a guy with full adamantine armor, sword, and shield, it looked like according to the reports they broke all his joints and beat him to a pulp afterwords.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2018, 06:30:05 am »

It's worth remembering that different metals work better for different weapons. Lead is heavy but too soft to keep a good edge, so it makes for nice hitting sticks and awful swords. Adamantine is very hard and very light, so it's dreadful for hammers but keeps a cutting edge like no other. Similarly, as armor, it resists all efforts to slice through, but doesn't absorb much impact.

The wiki has more info on comparative analysis, but the gist is that there's no clean progression of metal tiers now like there used to be. And, of course, there's the RNG.

EDIT: Different metals, not doesn't metals. Goddamn autocorrect...

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2018, 09:12:22 pm »

Action economy. Six attacks vs one will usually win out. It's the reason why war animals are still kind of viable until you get a big proper military.
It's a game. Have fun.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2018, 03:34:48 pm »

Path of Exile, trying to level up my Pathfinder.

Death Road To Canada. Just got my second win ever with a friend on Rare characters mode. I think we've cracked the code. The secret is food. Always loot the biggest and most dangerous stores for the best food returns, so you can trade for the best weapons in the game.

River City Ransom Underground. Trying to level up another character in New Game+ and find all the character's secret move books.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:42:54 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2018, 07:26:28 pm »

I hit a lull in new games and exciting events, so I picked a game from my backlog to install.

Currently playing Earth Defense Force 4.1
Initial impression was pretty ugly, due to a half-assed PC port made worse by a windows update rendering the game pretty much unplayable. Fortunately, a quick glance at the forums revealed an easy fix. Now I'm happily blowing up swarms of giant insects and alien robutts.
I'm still somewhat annoyed that all of the weapons have paragraph-long descriptions which usually don't clearly explain how the weapon functions, and about half of the weapons are so poorly balanced as to be useless. Some weapons even seem to be mechanically broken. And often when I die I have absolutely no idea what hit me. Still, overall, it's a fun bit of action accompanied by charming conversation and chants from the NPC's who are always surrounding me.

EDF! EDF!! EDF!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2018, 08:03:22 pm »

I started playing SS13 again.

Shit.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2018, 09:06:38 pm »

Playing as Gallura, a small county on the Isle of Corsica, playing with the goal of wrenching Italy back from the cold unfeeling hands of the Holy Roman Empire. Deus vult!

CKII
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2018, 10:30:19 am »

Currently playing Battletech. Fun game, though it seems like whenever my main character gets off the injury reserve he immediately takes a headshot and is out for another couple months (really should add the head reinforcement mod to whichever mech he pilots).

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2018, 11:56:53 am »

started playing witcher 2, I'm glad I finally got my ps4 controller to work because that game has some bad keyboard controls
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 12:27:18 pm »

Oh, you think you've got some bad keyboard controls? I've been playing Lifeweb again this weekend, and holy fuck does that game not want to be played.

Combat is an incredibly messy, complicated affair where you need to select a specific bodypart on a paper doll (detailed to the point of: neck, head, face, right eye, left eye, chest, belly, groin etc.), select the appropriate hand, select the intent for that hand (such as grappling, disarming/pushing, or striking), then click on the enemy (or try to, at least. This is BYOND, so everything is choppy as a boatful of butchers in a hurricane). You should also remember to click on the button marked "combat", which will put you in combat mode making some actions default to attacking and also enabling your ability to dodge or parry, which isn't passively active.

Satisfied? Probably not, because in order to make full use of the combat system you'll need to use the special attacks. Special attacks are triggered by using the right mouse button when in combat mode, and is defined by your hand, your targeted bodypart, your intent, and also what you have selected from a drop-down menu on the edge of the screen. This can be anything from shaking your weapon threateningly (not doing anything), to making a feint, to performing a powerful strike that renders you extra vulnerable for 1-2 seconds.

But wait, there's more! There are also advanced attacks in addition to special attacks! These are chosen from a selective list of buttons located under your "intent" grid. These are things like kicking, biting, or attempting to blind your opponent (at least I think that's what it does), or wielding your weapon in both hands for more power. You select the button, select the target zone on the doll (which is on the other side of the screen from the combat controls, I might add), then press the middle mouse button. Yes, click in on the scroll wheel. Thankfully the wheelscrolling itself has no binding in the game.

Then you need to reselect the button if you want to do it again in some cases, because it likes to deselect itself. You don't need to click or select anything if you've successfully grasped your weapon in both hands, that stays passively active.

It's important to remember that damage to different bodyparts can result in different effects, and also locational armor is a thing and you can't target all parts with equal accuracy or ability (trying to grab someone's foot while they're standing up is unlikely to be successful), and also remember that there are special interactions like using the "kick" advanced attack targeting the groin of an enemy male will have a special effect resulting in an almost guaranteed knockdown and stun, and that using "grab" on an enemy's mouth will stifle their screams for help. Disarming generally only works if you target the hand that the opponent is wielding something in.

Did I mention that there are no hotkeys for any of this? Or that you can't rebind anything? Yeah.

It would seem that for Russians, adversity isn't merely a fact of life... It's an art form. Books that don't want to be read, music that doesn't want to be listened to and now video games that don't want to be played.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2018, 12:35:23 pm »

playing the forest.

in real life, these wooden mansions im making on a tropical beach paradise would be worth millions.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2018, 12:45:39 pm »

playing the forest.

in real life, these wooden mansions im making on a tropical beach paradise would be worth millions.

But ingame, they're priceless.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2018, 07:35:24 pm »

I enjoyed decorating my skull club with teeth and feathers. The building, not so much.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100