Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178541 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #600 on: September 14, 2019, 09:00:35 am »

Blasphemous is starting to get on my nerves.  Actual death on falling is fine in Dark Souls where falling is more of a sporadic hazard, but in a platformer it's fucking obnoxious to have to go all the way back to the altar every time I miss a jump, especially when you get a stacking penalty every time you die.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 14, 2019, 09:18:06 am »

Suprisingly enough, WoT and LoL. Feels like I'm back in highschool. With my current work schedule and laptop fuckery I just cba to install anything singleplayer or that requires three braincells to play.
Mostly ARAM and some TFT in league, nice and worry free murderfest in one case and a relaxing RNGfest in the other.

With WoT, they certainly evolved the game over the years, bunch of new stuff, from progression, vehicles to game modes. Of those the Frontline is probably the most interesting, a big ass 30v30 map with shifting objectives and respawns and repairs leads to some very fun 20ish minute matches, plus the rewards are pretty sweet. Only issue is that it's up a single week every month (since there's like, two maps atm there is the issue that it might get repetitive if kept around for longer) and that doesn't always correspond with my free time.

After the new desktop arrives tho I'll probably dive into Witcher 3 and MHW, maybe Doom, we'll see how much the 'test all the games you couldn't properly play before' bug takes me I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 14, 2019, 08:17:39 pm »

and playing Stalker Anomaly.
I've been looking at that sense you mentioned it on another thread, and I've been wondering how it plays and do all the extra items add anything or are they just there to make things harder?

Also it mentions on its page that it runs a 64x engine, and does that mean I can't play it on a 32bit?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2019, 05:36:57 am »

For the former question:  It is "easier", in that you get armor and weapon drops like candy. It is "harder", in that repairing the stuff you get (because it seems to ALWAYS be in poor condition when you get it from a drop...) is complicated by "Get me the tools to fix it!" missions, and money. (Merchants are not interested in the items you get as drops if they are too damaged, and they nearly always are too damaged.)  Monster difficulty is obscenely OP though.

For the latter question:  It is 64bit, it needs a 64bit system and OS. 

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2019, 03:18:43 pm »

Blasphemous is starting to get on my nerves.  Actual death on falling is fine in Dark Souls where falling is more of a sporadic hazard, but in a platformer it's fucking obnoxious to have to go all the way back to the altar every time I miss a jump, especially when you get a stacking penalty every time you die.

I'm there with you. On the one hand, the first time you're getting through an area, the tight platforming tolerances keep things feeling tight and dramatic.

But once you're doing a lot of retreading, which this game has a ton of, those sections start to really get on your nerves. I think I played for like about 14 hours or over the course of yesterday, and toward the end I was repeatedly failing long, difficult jumping sections I'd aced before over and over again. To the point I finally put it down out of annoyance and exhaustion.

I think Blasphemous may be more or a platformer than most games in its genre. A great game but depending your on tolerance for stuff like that, it can start to wear on you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2019, 04:34:54 pm »

I'm playing Hitman 2.

When starting (it was my youngest sister who started to play), I feared there would be less infiltration and stealth than in Blood Money, the previous entry of the series I used to play - but was satisfacted. On the hand, the Stories system in difficulties below Master might seem as if the player was a toddler but this is switchable (I've kept these indications) but, on the other hand, the additional interactions with the surroundings is very interesting and extending beyond weapons; for exemple, I can now use local products such as poison pills and frogs to poison targets.

While sedating characters in BM was too much limited, beating up them could now seems to be overpowered to some.

But overall, it's a good game - and I thought BM could never be bettered, apart from small details -, and enabling the creation of contracts might do wonders to lenghten the game.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2019, 09:59:10 pm »

For the latter question:  It is 64bit, it needs a 64bit system and OS. 
Well damn, I guess I'll just have to bookmark it for now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 15, 2019, 10:15:58 pm »

Alternating between playing with that Ti 99/A4 I picked off ebay, and playing Stalker Anomaly.

I need to get a better video cable for the former though. The RF modulator I got with the system is... Snowy.  Real snowy.

There was a useful cassette presetter/indexer posted at the AtariAge forum that I got working, so getting programs loaded on a base system has gotten a little easier. (which is why I have been playing with it more.)

I remember an adapter that worked with the old CRTVs, that switched between the TI system and Cable. Would that help?

I'm playing Hitman 2.

When starting (it was my youngest sister who started to play), I feared there would be less infiltration and stealth than in Blood Money, the previous entry of the series I used to play - but was satisfacted. On the hand, the Stories system in difficulties below Master might seem as if the player was a toddler but this is switchable (I've kept these indications) but, on the other hand, the additional interactions with the surroundings is very interesting and extending beyond weapons; for exemple, I can now use local products such as poison pills and frogs to poison targets.

While sedating characters in BM was too much limited, beating up them could now seems to be overpowered to some.

But overall, it's a good game - and I thought BM could never be bettered, apart from small details -, and enabling the creation of contracts might do wonders to lenghten the game.

How far have you gotten? The difficulty of the first few missions is real low, even when you're trying the weird challenges.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2019, 11:13:10 pm »

Been doing a good bit of Death Road to Canada, creating characters based off of other people (fictional or otherwise) and sending them on a trip up north. Things have been... sometimes successful, sometimes not.

That, and a good deal of Brigador, too - the vehicle combat warcrime simulator.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 17, 2019, 11:43:00 am »

Baba Is You, finished up few remaining puzzles in the Island sub-worlds...

...only to notice I didn't get 'Map is All' acheevo or what's it name. Turns out, I didn't finish Fragile Existence, but only

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And forgot about it. But now also this level is completed! Now time to venture into the final world of META...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 18, 2019, 09:21:15 am »

I'm slowly coming to grips with Metal Gear Solid 3's control scheme, now I can make it through areas in one or two tries and have done a pretty good job guessing what the game wants me to do.

I seem to remember people saying at one point that this is the most sober, emotionally-charged game in the series. It's almost insufferably over-the-top and ridiculous. If it weren't for all the casual sexual assault, you'd think it was a Saturday morning cartoon.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 18, 2019, 11:06:49 am »

It's almost insufferably over-the-top and ridiculous.

The intro song would be the first hint to that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 18, 2019, 11:17:33 am »

It's almost insufferably over-the-top and ridiculous.

The intro song would be the first hint to that.

Is the source quote about God Hand?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 18, 2019, 11:47:14 am »

It's two posts above you, and about MGS3.
also https://youtu.be/TzNtUwphjmo
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 18, 2019, 03:23:51 pm »

Playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I just broke into the butcher's home, so I could deliver some boar meat and finish the quest. Unfortunately, I made too much noice, and his wife came to investigate, so I had to stranglehold her into unconsciousness. Unfortunately, this made too much noice, and his Shop Guard came to investigate, so I had to strangle him into unconsciousness too. This made too much noice and finally woke up the butcher (which I should probably consider fortunate because the game often doesn't let you wake up sleeping NPCs to talk to them), and he came to investigate.

I gave him his boar meat and we finished the deal standing over his unconscious wife and guard. Then he sent me off to get him some deer liver.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 100