Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178559 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #645 on: October 20, 2019, 04:28:52 pm »

Atomicrops
The description made it sound like Harvestmoon/Stardew, except with zombie-defense mode to protect your crops at night. All of that sounded fun to me so I bought.
The game turned out to be much more arcadey than I expected. There is no saving, very few opportunities to heal, and generally unsatisfying character progression. I refunded with less than an hour played. Best part of this experience was learning that the Epic Games refund policy is just as lenient and easy as Steam's.

Mindustry
This is a factorio type game, with more refined tower-defense elements. It's very cheap on Steam and I'm quite satisfied that this one delivered what it promised.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 20, 2019, 06:35:10 pm »

i decided to test Corruption of Champions II -snip-

Anyways, I've been having fun (as always) with the Zombie Survival gamemode for Garry's Mod. RimWorld with the HardcoreSK modpack is fun as well.
it's over

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 20, 2019, 09:47:14 pm »

went on a rampage to find some good old school RPGs a la D&D but there's not much out there that fills the itch of a D&D adventure. of course the Baldur's Gate series exists but i dont like having companions right at the start of the game. in the end i went for Arcanum but the small window annoyed me too much so went to obtain me a copy of Underrail: Expedition. post apocalypse isnt my cup of tea but there's not much around for a 2010 machine.

everything is so high in the graphics department nowadays that you cant even play properly with the lowest settings. its really sad because there's a lot of interesting games out there which could do very well without having to burn your computer unless you have bought the latest graphics card from Nvidia or some shit like that.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 20, 2019, 10:41:00 pm »

Mindustry
This is a factorio type game, with more refined tower-defense elements. It's very cheap on Steam and I'm quite satisfied that this one delivered what it promised.
It's also on itch.io for free (it's a name-your-own-price thing), though with the obvious caveat of not having Steam integrations.
There's also an Android version, which I've been playing for the past couple of days. My only complaint is that there isn't a way to make straight lines of conveyors/conduits/whatever in a few taps. I had to tap, one by one, each tile of conveyor belt to make them.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 21, 2019, 01:03:10 pm »

Mindustry
It's also on itch.io for free (it's a name-your-own-price thing), though with the obvious caveat of not having Steam integrations.
There's also an Android version, which I've been playing for the past couple of days. My only complaint is that there isn't a way to make straight lines of conveyors/conduits/whatever in a few taps. I had to tap, one by one, each tile of conveyor belt to make them.

Oh, I have that on android too.

I think it's called the cyclone? The big AA/Ground gun you can feed the green ammo into. It will kill everything forever. Made it to wave 100 of the higher level maps before I got bored.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 22, 2019, 05:26:37 am »

Been playing Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle after having it sitting on my phone for ages without ever checking it out.
I don't play too many puzzle games these days, but this one's pretty much perfection. Similar premise to Slayaway Camp from the same devs, but I don't think I've played that one.
Simple, clever basic mechanics which nonetheless can bend the brain at times, which makes it incredibly satisfying to work out a tough level. Also incredibly satisfying is the gore and accompanying sound effects. Throw in nice graphics, some dialogue and a streak of warped humour and you have a recipe for success.

You know a game has scratched my itches nicely when I'm willing to forgive it for subjecting me to bullshit ads, and even pay a dollar or two for cosmetics in order to get the ads to fuck off for good.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 24, 2019, 09:38:51 pm »

I thought there was no way Fallout Tactics could be as bad as its reputation. It has "tactics" in the name, how bad can it be?

Nope, it just blows goats. Seriously, don't play it, it's not even worth the time it took to install. It's like they made a game out of all the worst parts of Fallout 1 and 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 24, 2019, 11:33:28 pm »

I remember I couldn't even manage to get through the tutorial phase before stupid things happened.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 25, 2019, 04:06:15 am »

Now go play Brotherhood of Steel.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 25, 2019, 04:08:13 am »

I thought there was no way Fallout Tactics could be as bad as its reputation. It has "tactics" in the name, how bad can it be?

Nope, it just blows goats. Seriously, don't play it, it's not even worth the time it took to install. It's like they made a game out of all the worst parts of Fallout 1 and 2.
There is at least a mod that lets you start your character as any of the available races... Like ghoul, supermutant, deathclaw, robot... Or dog.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 25, 2019, 07:54:30 am »

It could have been a good game if it had fewer bugs, a plot that made sense, and half of the interesting stuff from Fallout 1 and 2. And they got rid of whoever thought a realtime (instead of turn-based) Fallout was an acceptable idea.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 25, 2019, 09:04:43 am »

Fallout Tactics is a very sad story, i remember when i tried the demo there was lot of potential.
But the maps were too linear despite their appearance, you needed to progress in specific buildings to access a specific outdoor then a specific other building, there was no clearing the map in different way etc... , making the maps ultimately boring.

Fallout Tactics was simply nowhere as good in "tactical gameplay" as the much older xcom1 and nowhere as good overall as jagged alliance 2 (i so hoped that Fallout Tactics would have been JA2 with Fallout atmosphere, but sadly no it wasn't that).

But it's been years i didn't played it, i read that there are several mods now (i often see people mentionning the mod Redux and Equilibrium on top of it), maybe one of them make it live to its potential ?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:47:10 am by Robsoie »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 25, 2019, 11:31:33 am »

got me a copy of the X3: Terran War Pack but i have yet to test it, been loking for mods on which to enhance or improve the gameplay. nothing too absurd, just fix bugs and perhaps make the universe more immersive. the problem is choosing between the 2 most popular which are XRM and Litcube, it seems installing mods for this game is really, really cumbersome. 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 25, 2019, 05:33:58 pm »

Get the Xtended mod.

Everything you'll ever need is right there as far as gameplay fixes and quality of life upgrades.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 25, 2019, 07:53:05 pm »

Dark souls 3.

Accidentally deleted my last save which was a pure strength build two handing a bigass greataxe which was super fun.

After a bit of consideration I decided that my new build would be just punching everything in the world to death via caestus (punchy gloves), although I didn't go super hardcore and just do the early part of the game using my bare fists (which is very difficult).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100