Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178700 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #810 on: December 15, 2019, 05:40:14 pm »

I have no idea why people 100% games. Probably some kind if brain parasite?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 15, 2019, 06:12:41 pm »

getting better and better at the game, i can reliably close a raid as my main pmc with decent loot and a few kills. just recently offloaded a few spare keys (including the coveted military checkpoint key) and earned a cool 1mil rubles. i mainly use cheap guns i am stocking in my gun case (courtesy of my scav runs) and i insure everything. its caused this momentum of earning so much loot, cuz i'll lose some but ill gain it back and have already replaced the stash space with new loot.

my next goal is the red rebel ice pick so i can extract from reserve easier with a full pack on. (cant use body armor but hey, thats what armored rigs are for)

escape from tarkov. for those not in the know, its basically stalker crossed with arma and its pretty hardcore, you can lose everything you have equipped on a bad run, and that could include some decent gear.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 15, 2019, 06:31:10 pm »

I have no idea why people 100% games. Probably some kind if brain parasite?
Is it the same brain parasite that makes me never actually complete a 30 hour game's main campaign, but still sink hundreds of hours into co-operative and competitive multiplayer games with no end goal?

Because I'd like to find that little sucker and give him a talking to.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 16, 2019, 07:06:43 am »

Looked through my Steam games library for stuff collecting dust, found Hack 'n' Slash (another ill-fated Double Fine production) and decided to give it a go.

Checking the Steam overlay, it apparently took me 7 minutes of running the game before I managed to send it into an infinite loop.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03:48 pm »

Started up Graveyard Keeper - not sure why, but the constantly moving clock bothers me too much for me to enjoy this game in the same way I've enjoyed Rune Factory/Harvest Moon.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 17, 2019, 09:03:31 am »

Started up Graveyard Keeper - not sure why, but the constantly moving clock bothers me too much for me to enjoy this game in the same way I've enjoyed Rune Factory/Harvest Moon.

It helps to absolutely screw up the timing on something, like missing a meeting with a weekly NPC (which I manage to miss about 1/4 of the time). Then you just...have another week to try again.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 17, 2019, 09:51:08 am »

Yeah, I might give it another crack and just not worry about it too much. I don't mind the spoilers - but is there much of a time limit on things?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 17, 2019, 10:06:46 am »

Yeah, I might give it another crack and just not worry about it too much. I don't mind the spoilers - but is there much of a time limit on things?

As far as I've seen, you can't actually miss anything in the game. Doing things in a particular order is sometimes better, but it just affects how much time you need to put in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 17, 2019, 03:15:57 pm »

Got an itch to play Mordheim again.

It's Fantasy XCOM in full 3d, and while I really enjoy it, for a perfectionist/save scummer it is easily the most tedious and bug prone TBS game I've ever played. I meticulously played a story mission over 7 goddamn hours yesterday. Easily slew 5 full warbands worth of overleveled enemies while trying to complete the mission objectives....only to learn that the game's own buggered save logic essentially soft locked me out of completing the mission.

Great game, but jesus, what a colossal waste of time and effort.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 17, 2019, 03:23:06 pm »

What makes that different from practically every other game of its ilk out there, short of the original Harvest Moon whose clocked stopped at like 10PM? Though most HMs stopped when indoors, in dialogues, etc?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 17, 2019, 07:21:41 pm »

Yeah, it's the clock pausing indoors.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 19, 2019, 09:08:58 am »

for a perfectionist/save scummer it is easily the most tedious and bug prone TBS game I've ever played.

Well then, do I have a deal for you.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 19, 2019, 12:52:04 pm »

Started playing Human fort mod by bro.lol along with other civ mods that can co-exists (golblin, orc, and elf). 

I am on my 4th restart as I get a feel of what I need and want. 
I think I got a start scenario that I can continue with: start dwarf 19. with 99k points. 
Popcap is 19, strict is 30 to allow babies made. 

I think I will have a decent 6 honeymoon suite candidates. 
I might as well run set-orientation script to ensure marriage relationship can happen (instead of force marriage). 

I already for carried away preparing Game of Thrones family names. 
This will be a bloodline game of sorts at 1 of 54 embarks to completely fill the 16x16 local with 2x2 embarks, and a final 4x4. 

Anyway, it might be overkill, but I want to get a feel on how fast 2 dedicated carpenters can convert 1 log to 5 wood blocks. 
I also have 1 mason for some colored stone to make above ground houses visually different. 

I also got 3 miners where humans will have a large rust rate and slow skill up.  Open quarry style.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 19, 2019, 03:25:58 pm »

Started playing Hades today.

Items of note:
  • You can pet Cerberus and give him scritches

Definitely a contender for Best Game 2019, despite not being officially out yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 19, 2019, 08:38:09 pm »

Definitely a contender for Best Game 2019, despite not being officially out yet.
I'm pretty sure Disco Elysium already won that on every list/awards thingy worth a damn, haha. ;)   

The idea of giving Cerberus a nice pat is highly amusing, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100