Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176832 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #840 on: December 30, 2019, 09:03:40 am »

After itisnotlogical posted about it in the terrifying thread, I booted up Morrowind (which happens about once every two years). Mucked about as a Telvanni for a bit then installed Morrowind Rebirth. Been working on the Imperial Cult quests and trying to be the most charming person in the world.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 30, 2019, 08:45:44 pm »

tried checking the latest version of Empyrion Galactic Survival but yup, it seems this machine definitely cant run this game properly. even with the lowest resolution and graphic settings the game runs horrible (not to mention the horrendous loading times just to boot the game).

i guess my starvation for 3D Space Survival games will have to continue until i get a better PC.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 31, 2019, 10:17:21 pm »

I feel you, xaritscin. I'm planning to move in a couple months, and then hoping to upgrade from this reliable, but weak laptop that can't run anything 3d from after 2010.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 01, 2020, 02:44:52 am »

picked up No Man's Sky and have been digging into it and have been pleasantly surprised.  Only thing I'm really not enjoying is learning languages cause I swear I've been getting some repeat words.  I'm about 12 hours in and finally upgraded my multi-tool and ship to B class versions...did see an S class rifle multi-tool for sale on the planet I have my base on when I was doing a quest for 2 mil units, but when I finally got the cash I couldn't remember for the life of me where the outpost was that was selling it :/ Next on my personal to do list is find a spot to set up some mineral extractors and start making some real money.

Also gonna take a stab at Atlas tomorrow since I picked it up for $5

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 15, 2020, 09:39:12 am »

Finally completed Witcher 2 and i must say that i enjoyed that run a very lot and like a great movie you enjoy tremendously i felt sad that it ended :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:41:00 am by Robsoie »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 15, 2020, 10:39:51 am »

Playing Remnant: From the Ashes with friends.

I like this game as a shooty Dark Souls-lite (really light) but it is incredibly buggy and the devs seem to have zero interest in fixing any of them.

CTDs? you bet.

Menus stop functioning? Locked in.

Inputs stop being recognized? Of course.

Deadlocked logic on multiple screens? Fer sure.

Corrupted save files? Oh boy how.

The best part about corrupted save files is the developers' preferred solution is to have YOU back up your save files regularly. And the actual in-game logic of a corrupted profile will actually just straight up delete everything and make you start over. It took the sleuths of the internet to figure out file manipulation to get around the problem. And did the devs even try to implement that solution? No.

If these guys make another game, or a sequel to Remnant, I'm going to stay away. For what parts of the game are legitimately good, it sure as hell looks like they took the money and ran.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:02:17 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 15, 2020, 08:37:04 pm »

Retro kick lately.

Been playing ocarina of time VC rom on wii.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 19, 2020, 07:03:09 pm »

On a nostalgia drive i've been replaying my old Civilization 2 : Test of Time , especially after noticing there's a genius that created the Test of Time Patch Project that make more than 72 bugfixes and solve compatibility/cpu use with modern os thingies.

And i've been having a lot of fun, oddly much more than the civ2-like Freeciv game to me when i recently tried on the browser version of it , not sure why but i guess you can't beat nostalgia :D

After eradicating England in very early time (poor buggers spawned their city close to my exploring starting warrior path) and later managed to repel Persia to the European continent and take over several of their cities, i finally could secure the whole Asian continent (i'm using a world map instead of a randomly made or fantasy one) to develop and improve my empire getting ahead in the ratings (can't wait to get to alpha centauri, ah yes one of the great thing of Test of Time was the ability of having multiple maps , a feature lost in the serie after that).

Things were going good my way.
But it's times like this barbarian uprising (i should probably have toned down the barbarian activity in the options) right next 2 of my cities that made me happy to have cowardly choosen the chieftain difficulty :D and recently completed the Great Walls wonders as walls bonus is something big in civ2 sieges.
I dread to think what such big elephant stomping army would have done otherwise.

Also learned the hard way that to be able to load a saved game your saved game must NOT be in your Civ2 directory directly, it must be in another directory or in a subfolder, as if it's directly in  your civ2 directory the load game will just crash during load, very odd but confirmed when googling around.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 20, 2020, 07:34:46 pm »

Some more Civ2 Test of Time fun.

?

... Oh, you mean that was your empire ?

Sorry my civilized friend, it's unfortunate but those nukes must fall somewhere after all, just bad luck it was on your cities.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 21, 2020, 08:50:25 am »

When I'm not doing grindy open world crafty things, I love super atmospheric games. First came Moons of Madness (which I should really get back to; I hate chase scenes in non-combat games so I just kind of stopped playing after that). Now I'm running through The Station. I have little clue what's going on but there's loads of creepy atmosphere.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 22, 2020, 12:07:16 am »

I'm playing Galimulator. You know, just running it on half-speed and checking in every so often to look around and see what's goin' down and how the families I created are faring in the general turmoil.

For a while the galaxy was being dominated by an empire known as the Istee Legion. I made a habit of blowing up some of their ships here and there. Then, I noticed this little peach-coloured uprising taking place in the center of their planets. Can't even remember what it was called, now (editor's note: turns out it was called the "Mighty" Federation of Deren, led by the fearless Denska Ettesva), but it was quickly superseded by a more formidable force: the Contingency of Nangming.
This new player on the scene burst dramatically out from the heart of Istee, forcing the latter apart from within like an unsuspecting arsehole after an especially brutal bad burrito. Now the Istee almost seem like underdogs, with their empire split in half with a huge distance between them - but in truth they were so massively powerful to begin with that they've only been toppled from #1 to #2 on the empire leaderboard.
Nonetheless, I don't think I'll be doing any more to sabotage them, unless I see 'em coming after the outmost reaches of the Detta Combine where my oldest created character, Lorritar Gathuri, is based.
Note that he certainly wasn't the first character I made - nor are the Gathuri even the first family! This game is brutal to the little guys. At least now the Detta have allied themselves (through my doing) with the Nangming, jumping aboard an existing alliance the latter had with some other empire (along with another smaller one I felt sorry for), so hopefully the Gathuri family's fortunes will change for the better.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 22, 2020, 09:21:42 am »

Some more Civ2 Test of Time fun.

?

... Oh, you mean that was your empire ?

Sorry my civilized friend, it's unfortunate but those nukes must fall somewhere after all, just bad luck it was on your cities.

Nuclear "testing."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 26, 2020, 11:56:36 am »

Currently doing a 100% run of Skyrim because... uh... reasons I guess.

Currently have cleared out 3 of the Holds and one of the factions (Companions).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 26, 2020, 05:46:45 pm »

Having finally purchased a Switch last Black Friday, I now feel like the last person in the world to start playing Breath of the Wild.
Spent most of last night wandering around Hyrule Field, trying to fight Guardians and more often than not cursing the game when a swarm of giant skeletons or goo-monsters would spawn right on top of me at the exact instant that I was about to deflect a Guardian's eye-beam.

nautilu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 28, 2020, 09:00:20 am »

I wanted something for that Roman Empire itch so I went to Total War Med 2 Roman mods. DB1 and EB2 are terrible. DB1 is a frankensteins monster and EB2 focused too much on detail and none on gameplay. There are other superb mods tho. I tried modded TW Rome 1 and its super fun but lacks important features from Med 2. I wish there was a mod with Rome 1's variety and aggressiveness with Med 2's QOL and scripting features. Med 2 is much slower and dull.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 100