Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178684 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #855 on: January 28, 2020, 08:07:38 pm »

I mean

They made Rome:Total War 2.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 29, 2020, 02:45:18 am »

I mean

Which was even slower and duller, and somehow managed to make the family/character system feel like it had absolutely no relevance whatsoever. I'd almost rate it as bad as Master of Orion 3, personally

nautilu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 29, 2020, 09:16:55 am »

I mean

Which was even slower and duller, and somehow managed to make the family/character system feel like it had absolutely no relevance whatsoever. I'd almost rate it as bad as Master of Orion 3, personally

And the province and building system is garbage. Its almost like an adventure game by the lack of strategic depth on the map. "Road goes to next city. Conquer? Y/N"

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 29, 2020, 09:20:17 am »

I bought WarCraft3 Reforge last night.  Download took a while.  Finished the horde prologue campaign, and I'll start the human campaign tonight. 

I bought simply because I could not find my old CD anymore. 

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 02, 2020, 10:50:41 am »

im playing EVE Online on the weekends, dont feel like playing it in work days. currently sitting in the Amarr throne worlds waiting for some FW clothing to get sold. will probably take some months due to low supply and demand. its kind of a little trading business in the side, making use of the money rewards from Project Discovery (getting close to rank 250) to purchase the good stuff from the Resource Wars LP store and then reselling at the best possible prices without getting a loss. i also have like half a Freighter's worth of basic ore (Veldspar, Scordite, Plagioclase and Omber) sitting on my home station but that thing barely goes up from 70 million (back in the day this used to be worth much more, fucking devaluation)

im also playing LoL but ehhhh, there's not much to say about it. Taric top seems like a good pick with the current meta albeit some matches are difficult, Zyra mid is in a really good spot i cant believe it and im glad to see Nidalee support still works. i've had to change my usual roster of champs due to the latest updates, Sion doesnt work, Kha'zix doesnt work, Malzahar is still as fucked as i remember post-rework. Shaco is the only one from my personal picks that still keeps the show going on.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:55:41 am by xaritscin »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 02, 2020, 04:17:51 pm »

by some odd series of events, im finding myself playing Pokemon Shield, Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Kingdom Come Deliverance. im catching one of every pokemon i find (at the lowest possible evolution state so i can evolve them up) and doing gigamax raids, im just starting on the first island on builders 2 and im running around doing side stuff in kingdom come.

i have Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries on deck (i was waiting for a few patches, it seems they added logical spawns now (less pop in i think) and optimized it a little so it'll play better) but i also have No Man's Sky (i was waiting for some patches and they just had one a month ago or so) and Final Fantasy 7 and 8 off of steam (both modded a little).

i need to take a week off sometime, lol. maybe around spring break.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 02, 2020, 08:07:22 pm »

I've been playing phoenix point a lot, but in the last few days I've been doing Infinite Dungeon runs  in kingmaker. I particularily enjoy sorcerer solo. I'm doing a run now using a centipede (I like to pretend it's a Frightener). Sylvan sorcerer pets are absolute beasts when properly buffed. I normally need a helping hand for the first few levels because otherwise two unlucky rolls can screw you up (indeed, it can happen even with a helping hand). But once your pet gets a few more HP and you get access to level 2 buffs... you can basically go solo. Use magic device means you can be your own hack-priest for the buffs you cannot do yourself (eg death ward, poison).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:41:34 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #862 on: February 10, 2020, 02:30:12 am »

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

SW-3573-8324-1131
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 10, 2020, 04:19:52 am »

Crusader Kings 2
I just managed to 'Create Israel' and build the 3rd temple. 
It has been a fun run of building up strength in the Caucasus and getting closer through Georgia, then taking the opportunity when the Caliphate shattered, and finally beating back two Muslim Jihads.
I now control 45k troops directly, and the High priest can probably call in around 80k.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 10, 2020, 11:54:44 am »

Picked up Kirby Star Allies, which is cute and fun but way too easy so far.  I think I had 95 extra lives by the time I got to the final boss, and only died once by falling in a hole like an idiot.

I'm told the side content, like the boss rush, is vastly more difficult.  We'll see shortly.  The bosses actually were a bit of a challenge on occasion, but mostly because with 4 characters on screen beating on them it was really hard to tell what was going on half of the time.

Driblee is the best thing ever though.  I almost managed to take my first driblee friend from like level 2 to the end of the game, but he got squished by a moving block and died where I couldn't revive him.  :(
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 11, 2020, 02:19:48 am »

My Kerbal Space Program playtime has reached very close to my Skyrim playtime in about 1/100th the time, so I'm very burned out on it. I can't decide between FTL or Long Live The Queen for my next game to obsessively play for hours on end; I've gotten close but never managed to beat either of them.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 11, 2020, 11:44:58 am »

didnt even notice the update to DF, so thats now on the list and i added Battle Brothers to my gaming deck. this is in addition to the other games im playing, whew. i need to take a day off sometime or a weekend where nothing happens.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 13, 2020, 05:37:11 pm »

Got back into Europa Universalis 4 after getting all the expansions I didn't have in a humble bundle. After a few false starts I managed to get a game going as Scotland, eclipsing England and am currently the main colonial power in a random new world, along with Spain who I fight for colonies now and then.
I've mostly focused on the new world, being content otherwise to stick to my islands, and have (obviously) been allied to France since the beginning. And now the French king went and died, bequeathing the nation of France to Scotland upon his death. Which would be awesome if it weren't for the fact that Austria is disputing that succession and I am in no way prepared for a land-war against those guys but on the other hand I can't really hand over mother-fucking France to them either. Great fun

nautilu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 14, 2020, 10:09:24 am »

Has Mechwarrior 5 improved enough to play yet? I was so excited about it then it was the biggest letdown ever.

How is Phoenix Point? Its on my to play list but everyone is saying its majorly flawed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 14, 2020, 02:00:20 pm »

By and large people seem to like PP (hee hee) despite its flaws.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 100