Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178692 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #870 on: February 15, 2020, 11:13:01 am »

Soooo pathfinder kingmaker... I´m playing a summoner-sorcerer. I´m finding that I could probably have skipped on the two summoner feats, as necromancy summons are in general better (and dont get affected by said feats), and TBH the spell that is getting the most mileage from conjuration is stinking cloud. Particularily if you use metamagic to heighten it´s DC (which you can do without real limit. Really, you can theoretically turn it into a level 9 spell, which I assume means that you´re able to summon forth a pestilence of such intensity that even GODS can become nauseated by it.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 15, 2020, 01:23:32 pm »

TBH the spell that is getting the most mileage from conjuration is stinking cloud. Particularily if you use metamagic to heighten it´s DC (which you can do without real limit. Really, you can theoretically turn it into a level 9 spell, which I assume means that you´re able to summon forth a pestilence of such intensity that even GODS can become nauseated by it.

If I remember correctly, in tabletop, if you want to be a mage good at doing damage, you go for conjuration, not evocation. Not that you'd want to, as most enemies have far too many hp for damage to be a reliable way to get rid of them.

Damage is much better in the computer games, because you only gain xp from enemies killed, not avoided or beaten through wits. You can't even KO them then coup-de-grace.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 15, 2020, 01:28:16 pm »

Been playing Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem now that it's released.  Or at least, I've been playing it when the servers aren't down - they went from ~2000 players in kickstarter/early access to over 90k players for a period yesterday, so it's going about as well as you'd expect in that regard (there's an offline mode, but characters don't transfer from one to the other).  It's been pretty fun when I have been able to play and it certainly looks shiny.  Though like Inquisitor: Martyr before it, it suffers from costing over 30 quid in a genre that has some very good cheap or free options.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 15, 2020, 01:46:14 pm »

I'm actually going to respec again to drop the summoning feats in favor of point blank and precise. I will keep the conjuration and greater conjurstion focuses though.

The reason is that
- stink clouds are my mainstay weapon

- my stink clouds are so powerful they stun my own summoned angels and boogeymen

- my undead resist the stink clouds but get no benefit from said feats. And I have a staff that improves undead anyway

- anything stink cloud resistant is lilekly poisonous or leveldrains so I probably want to throw undead at it

So the new plan is to throw stink clouds, cloudkill and undead at things, support with my polyed pet and strategic usage of hellfire and scortching beams.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 15, 2020, 04:34:57 pm »

Been playing Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem now that it's released.

Does it pick up later on? I watched somebody play from the start to the first sub-boss (looked kind of like a bulky burning thing that was summoning wyverns) and it looked oh-so-slow. Basically, the only thing that ever really happened was attacking with the default, which looked like a bouncing AoE that killed everything in a few hits, and leisurely dodgerolling out of red circles/rectangles.

...And I could've sworn the reviews for it were like 7.5 a few hours ago, dropping down to 6 now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 04:36:45 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 15, 2020, 05:31:47 pm »

Does it pick up later on? I watched somebody play from the start to the first sub-boss (looked kind of like a bulky burning thing that was summoning wyverns) and it looked oh-so-slow. Basically, the only thing that ever really happened was attacking with the default, which looked like a bouncing AoE that killed everything in a few hits, and leisurely dodgerolling out of red circles/rectangles.

That sounds like the default mage staff attack, which builds up 'willpower' to spend on fancier powers.  You get 1 (maybe it's 2, I forget) of those fancier powers after the 'tutorial' bit (e.g. a rapid fireball for mages), but it doesn't take long before you can find/buy more.  As you gain xp your equipped powers level up, I think they get some straight stat buffs with each level but you can also pick specific upgrades at certain levels, e.g. extra shots on the fireball, or turn a pbaoe heal patch into a targeted heal patch.  I spent my first 10 or so levels running an ice nova, a channeled beam/laser, and the heal patch, but I've since gone full summoner with 4 summon powers and the heal patch upgraded to also do damage to enemies that enter it.  So in terms of having more interesting stuff to use, I'd say it progresses decently.

For difficulty though, it's been pretty easy so far.  I dropped a couple of times on sub-bosses, though you get 3 self-revives if you're playing solo so I've not fully died at all yet (in multiplayer your buddies have to help you back up instead, I think).  I'm still only on Act 1 though and I've been pumping the Toughness stat a lot.  No idea what the endgame looks like.

...And I could've sworn the reviews for it were like 7.5 a few hours ago, dropping down to 6 now.
Yeah, people are really unhappy with the amount of downtime on the online servers and are expressing as much.  It's been down for almost 24 hours now, and is set to be down at least another 12.  Even when servers were up it was kinda unreliable, with people having to make multiple attempts to connect, then getting disconnected during their game and losing progress.  Offline play is still available, but since you can't play online characters offline and vice versa...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 15, 2020, 08:16:35 pm »

From the sound of it its gotten a lot more of a playerbase in the last couple of days, so its not too surprising that there's server problems.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 15, 2020, 08:48:37 pm »

After WoW launch, my tolerance for server problems has grown to stellar proportions... Though you'd think the industry would've learned how to cope by now. GW/GW2 manages spectacularly.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 16, 2020, 02:46:29 pm »

That sounds like the default mage staff attack, which builds up 'willpower' to spend on fancier powers.  You get 1 (maybe it's 2, I forget) of those fancier powers after the 'tutorial' bit (e.g. a rapid fireball for mages), but it doesn't take long before you can find/buy more.  As you gain xp your equipped powers level up, I think they get some straight stat buffs with each level but you can also pick specific upgrades at certain levels, e.g. extra shots on the fireball, or turn a pbaoe heal patch into a targeted heal patch.  I spent my first 10 or so levels running an ice nova, a channeled beam/laser, and the heal patch, but I've since gone full summoner with 4 summon powers and the heal patch upgraded to also do damage to enemies that enter it.  So in terms of having more interesting stuff to use, I'd say it progresses decently.

For difficulty though, it's been pretty easy so far.  I dropped a couple of times on sub-bosses, though you get 3 self-revives if you're playing solo so I've not fully died at all yet (in multiplayer your buddies have to help you back up instead, I think).  I'm still only on Act 1 though and I've been pumping the Toughness stat a lot.  No idea what the endgame looks like.

Yeah... I just finished the A1 boss and, outside of that boss, I'm finding it kind of... boringly easy. If you have experience playing ARPG endgames, I suspect you'll be in a similar boat.

Much like the gameplay I've been watching, I'm running that staff since it seems to be a quick way to clear everything without faffing about with resources... I pretty much don't use my skills, and that's with me pumping everything into agility(attack speed). Stack whatever damage-on-attack or mixed damage boosters, and I deal more DPS with my base attack than any spell I have so far. (Embers is a sort of exception since I have a pile of +fire... as soon as I switch that gear though, it looses the advantage.)

...I do rather like the scripted battles though.

Spoiler: "A1 Boss Notes" (click to show/hide)

End of A2, the only skills I use in combat is Bulwark of Dawn for minibosses. Livor Mortis gets popped up as necessary, and Aether Jump is spammed... because I made the godawful decision of picking up Disallowing Vessel, which may as well read "Permanent -50% Movement Speed". -_-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:51:55 pm by Aoi »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 17, 2020, 07:12:01 pm »

Spoiler: "A1 Boss Notes" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: some boss comments (click to show/hide)

I'm somewhere in Act 3 now. I'd say it's a gotten a little bit harder - I've had the odd knockdown and occasionally have to dodge for a breather instead of just facetanking everything. I even suffered one proper death outside of a boss fight - to a cursed chest spawn that included a particularly nasty champion (I forget the name, but the pacified guy that spins his weapon around melted me).  It's largely been plain sailing though.  Feels kinda similar to Diablo 3's pre-endgame difficulty to me (at least what I remember of it, it's been a few years...).  Unsure how much my build is swaying that one way or the other though - I suspect more conventional builds probably breeze through the non-boss stuff faster (most of my passives are dedicated to keeping me and my summons alive), but I've not really watched anyone else play it to compare.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 19, 2020, 12:34:12 pm »

I was surprised to find out that Kentucky Route Zero released Act V recently after a four-year wait, so I'll be playing that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 19, 2020, 01:00:52 pm »

Oxygen Not Included, currently setting up a natural gas generator scheme with NG geyser. Aww yiss.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 19, 2020, 05:02:17 pm »

I've basically played 2 new characters through Dark Souls 3 in the last three weeks, and I'm not sure I'm done yet.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 19, 2020, 05:58:16 pm »

I have been "playing" Stream Captain, or was it "Captain Stream". 
It's an app with twitch, captained by some twitch streamer. 
Supposedly for just during those down times in between games. 
Well, I end up having it on, while binge watching MCU movies in Disney+. 

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 19, 2020, 06:15:14 pm »

Heart of Iron 4's Fallout mod.  They've added a lot of focus trees, and achievements (local to save only).
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100