Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178570 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #990 on: June 07, 2020, 03:48:48 pm »

Deep Rock Galactic.

Played it more than a year ago. Enjoyed the gameplay, but not enough progression to hold my interest for long.
Started DRG up again after the 1.0 update, and I'm happy to say there's some progression now. Each of the four classes has two quests to unlock alternate weapons, Promotions are a thing after hitting level 25, and there are endgame missions which award bonus effects that can be pinned to weapons. Graphics have also been improved since I last played.
I called it barely worth buying last time I played, but now I consider it well worth the purchase price.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 20, 2020, 08:09:23 am »

So I'm doing a rerun of a couple of Pokémon games up to Gen V, starting with Fire Red.

I'm four badges in, went through hell catching everything in the Safari Zone (including the elusive resident Dr. Eggman AKA Chansey), and I figured I might as well start prepping for The Endgame with some training. Charizard ain't gonna save our butts alone and all that.

I now realize I've probably screwed up on the training a bit since I've trained on the Cycling Road and Route 18. EVs are probably all out of wack with a lot of focus on speed and defense.

Of course I solve that with overcorrection, grabbing the resident pupper Growlithe out of vacation and hitting the weights. But first, Celadon Department Store.

And lo, after spending 200k+ pokedollars and a kidney on vitamins, I hit the road for some Attack, Special Attack, and Speed training.

Only to later find out all of those boosted stats were sub-5 IVs.

In other words, my Growlithe is now one of the world's most expensive puppers.

RIP wallet.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 07, 2020, 02:01:01 pm »

Dark souls 2. Attempting Akiha cosplay (cestus dual wield + pyromancy (didn't got it yet). Tried some pvp in blue cathedral - first two times it was guy with greatsword (beat me fair and sqaure), then some lagging fucker who hit me with swords from a meter away.  ::) But then game picked some guy with a katana and nickname "LenInBlack", off all things.  ;D After noticing me he also switched to cestuses. We traded blows about equally until we both had 1\4 hp left. I then switched to throwing daggers like a honorless swinedog i am,  :( he switched back to katana and daggers too. Won by hitting him with a dagger while i had 1 hit worth of hp left. Akiha>Len?  :P So i got a cracked blue eye orb for the thing. And it didn't worked anywhere i tried. Probably never will. Damn.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:05:52 pm by MCreeper »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 07, 2020, 03:17:24 pm »

Got back in to Vermintide 2 with friends after a long hiatus. We've been playing all the new missions we missed out on over the last year and a half or so. I shelled out for the Kruber Grail Knight DLC career. The career was like $5 and the cosmetic pack for him was $10. I figured, why not. Turns out Grail Knight is pretty OP. Can use two melee weapons so I roll with the Execution Sword and the Grail Knight Sword and Board. It's a pretty strong combo even though you don't get any ranged options.

Playing a lot of the new update for Hades as well. Not much else going on there, but I'm starting to push into the higher heat levels which has made for some exceptionally spicy runs. If you want to really see everything in that game, you have to talk to NPCs dozens and dozens of times to get through all their dialog to the quest-bits. If the gameplay weren't as fun or addictive I'd probably be annoyed, but I enjoy doing runs enough in that the continued evolving NPC dialog just comes across as a bonus.

Also been playing Inquistor: Martyr. My roommate and several friends picked it up over the summer sale and we've been crushing our way through the campaign. The game is definitely better in coop IMO, you start getting some crazy big enemy groups that makes the combat crazier and more engaging than playing solo and just picking guys off.

Still trying to get some time into Terraria as well but plenty of other gaming opportunities keep coming up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:20:01 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 10, 2020, 01:57:14 am »

Persona 4 Golden. I've never played a Persona game, and it came out on PC a while back. Given its reputation, I figured I owe it to myself to try it out.

Impressions after 20 hours: it's fun! Perhaps a little oversimple, but maybe that's just because I expected Etrian Odyssey levels of team-building complexity from Atlus. Then again, I'm not particularly fond of how punishing Etrian Odyssey is right from the get-go, and Persona 4 has been a lot nicer in that regard. Unlike Etrian Odyssey, it actually gives you all of the tools you need to succeed instead of expecting you to scrounge up the resources from nothing and somehow defeat a boss that can debilitate your party into submission when you don't necessarily have the abilities to stop that from happening.

It's also been ramping up in difficulty at a decent pace. The first dungeon was a bit of a snorefest, but the second is actually starting to threaten me, even with mooks, so that's cool. I enjoy the fact that the game plays around with different combinations of enemies and makes you think about what to prioritize; it feels like everything is carefully crafted and the game does a lot with a very little. For instance, I freaked out when I saw a powerful caster enemy paired with a bunch of birds that spammed insanely powerful attack buffs, but then I realized the caster was the only real damage dealer in the enemy group and inflicted Silence on it to effectively remove the entire threat.

It never gets old seeing enemies be rendered completely impotent by status effects, and I enjoy an RPG that lets me get good use out of them like this.

I'm also enjoying the whole school-life aspect a lot more than I thought I would. The game may be Japanese as heck, but it feels a lot more grounded and a bit less anime-esque than I expected, which is honestly a huge relief. The characters are generally pretty likable (Yosuke is a bro and I will never remove him from my party) and the time-management aspect somehow keeps me invested in trying to micromanage effectively without stressing me out.

I'm definitely starting to see why so many people praise the Persona games. I'm confident I'll finish this one, which is something I can't say of a lot of RPGs nowadays, and I'm really hoping to see Persona 5 become available on PC like this in the future, 'cause if it's anything like Persona 4, I'll probably enjoy it, too.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 10, 2020, 03:46:56 am »

Even yahtzee liked Persona 5 (and described 4 Golden as "okay, like 5, but not as fun" in his rant on it just the other day) so they must be doing something right.

I've never played any of them. The thread of being too grindy puts me off
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 10, 2020, 10:16:08 am »

I own Persona 3, but the random and kind of uninteresting dungeons sorta killed my interest in it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 10, 2020, 01:15:28 pm »

I own Persona 3, but the random and kind of uninteresting dungeons sorta killed my interest in it.
Yeah, that's probably one of my few complaints about 4, actually; the dungeons are randomly generated bland corridors with a theme. I honestly wouldn't care if they weren't as long as they are, but they do tend to drag on a bit. At least the battles are pretty fun, since that's pretty much all you're there for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 10, 2020, 01:35:10 pm »

Prior to Persona 3 I was playing SMT Nocturne, which is a more standard dungeon crawling RPG and that was way more my speed. I found myself...honestly wanting the night to get over so I could get back to the Japanese High School stuff, then wanting the day time stuff to get over with so I could get back to the night stuff......I'll admit, while I found some fun there, the combined package didn't work for me as a gamer. Not that it's bad! But dungeons with a reason to explore would have done a lot for me.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 11, 2020, 10:51:45 am »

I'm back on the Skyrim train...
Actually getting around to playing a modded run instead of what I usually do: spend weeks downloading and configuring a modlist together only to drop the game a few days later
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

nautilu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 11, 2020, 03:36:29 pm »

I got Stellar Tactics, Space Haven and Civ 5 in the summer sale. So far I am disappointed in both. Tactics is extremely light on tactics. Its not well done at ALL. I have played better 10 year old tactical rpgs. And Space Haven is so far just one big demo. Feels like DF-9 all over again.
Tried civ 5 with the conversion mods and they are badly balanced. Finding something reasonable seems impossible, its not a bad game.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 12, 2020, 05:45:54 am »

I got Stellar Tactics, Space Haven and Civ 5 in the summer sale. So far I am disappointed in both. Tactics is extremely light on tactics. Its not well done at ALL. I have played better 10 year old tactical rpgs. And Space Haven is so far just one big demo. Feels like DF-9 all over again.
Tried civ 5 with the conversion mods and they are badly balanced. Finding something reasonable seems impossible, its not a bad game.
Civ 5 haves conversion mods?  :o

Unrelated to post above, have been trying civ 5 again. And once again came to a conclusion that civ 5 on around default settings is a gloryfied clicker (maybe even on any?  :o ), and that between civ 1, civ 3, civ 4 and civ 5 i genuinely like civ 1 the most. Huge map, 22 players, archipelago, prince difficulty. First war was declared by bot around year 1700. Before that everyone just spammed freindship declarations at each other like it's MLP and spammed denouncements at two seemingly random nations like it's a political caricature. First player was eliminated by me in 1800, because i got bored from sitting around. Apparently, bot conquered a city for first time at the same time.  ::)  From the nation everyone non-stop spammed denouncements at for the past 100 turns and finally declared war at.
   I'm currently at the top both by research and income (by building a total of four cities and just building non-military buildings as they become available), so i guess i either will inevitably win by conquest, or inevitably lose by some yet invisible death timer. Most likely the latter. And on "default" default settings game isn't even playable, because default max map size and default max player amount do not align at all.   :P
EDIT: Tried sixth difficulty. This one already seems to be all about outexploiting axe-crazy AI who haves 3 times as much of everything that player does. One civ gone in BC. Not sure if i want to check the fifth.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:39:23 am by MCreeper »

nautilu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 13, 2020, 09:26:39 am »

Civ 5 haves conversion mods?  :o

Im a die hard Civ IV player and hated Civ V when it came out. I tried vanilla last month and it was too easy. I built every wonder as single city Venice. But the simple UI grew on me. Looked at mods and lots of people said Vox Populi was good so I gave it a try. It was more challenging in a way because someone improved the AI in a different mod. The problem is that so many years after a civ game is out, only die hard modders are left and they like to get wacky with things. There are not enough players to complain so they break formerly good mods. VP and others are so out of balance that you are guaranteed to win if you play up your civ's bonuses no matter what, and the only challenge is other players getting their win condition because of huge bonuses as well. Its too formulaic in what you have to do. No randomness, no real difficulty, games are over by medieval era. So many idiots bragging they beat it on deity level when they only play a war civ against 8 other peace civs. Thats not an accomplishment.
I always play max map, max civs. Civ IV had the best stories.

I cant find anything else to play now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 14, 2020, 09:10:11 pm »

I'm managing my current Oxygen Not Included game

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see I have some strong points

- Energy wise I'm frigging loaded. I have three hydrogen generators (four really,but the fourth is for the electrolyzer setup hydrogen runoff) and two natural gas generators, and two huge reservoirs of both (two hydrogen and one natural gas geysers feeding them)

- I have an oil rig in the basement. Given that it's fed by a glacier and a salt water geyser, I have potentially unlimited oil and natural gas. Right now I'm feeding that oil to the plastic generator to make a transit tube system, but when that's done I'll set up a number of petroleum reservoirs for a rainy day in which my gas burnables geysers go dormant at the same times.

- Resources wise I have a gold volcano and a copper volcano. The gold volcano is located in a convenient area. The copper volcano is a bit far away, but I wont complain.

- I've managed to more or less control temperature in the living and crops area, which is good.

Now ongoing problems

- The steam geyser feeding my main electrolizer rig is a bit short on water. I might sort it out diverting water from the other steam geyser soonish.

- I only have one anti-entropy thermo nullifier. Good enough for my base but I'd like to have a spare to refrigerate some other areas, esp. the electrolyzer rig which kind of worries me medium-term) I'm desperatedly looking for another, but it either doesn't exist or is very far away from the base, and neither is convenient.

- I'm a bit poor on potential pilots, although with a 300.000kcal food stockpile I can afford to risk to hire another guy just to train him up.

- Spacesuit setup for space exploration pending

- I'll probably have to make a steam generating rig for my first rockets, which is annoying as heck.

- I really should turn all that spare salt water which is mostly bothering me into a clean water source for my dupes

- I probably should do some animal husbandry, with hatches, at least. but gah, its such a pain in the ass

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:14:38 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 16, 2020, 08:48:36 am »

Replayed a flash game I used to enjoy called Road of The Dead 2 (It’s good except for the parts where the controls freeze up. Don’t know why that happens, but it does and it’s inconvenient for an action game.)

Also, started getting into Cataclysm again. Quarterstaff is useful, even if I find the spear strap (a piece of clothing you can store weapons like quarterstaffs in) to be too encumbering to be used with any kind of backpack).
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100