Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176839 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What are you currently playing?
« on: April 10, 2018, 07:02:48 am »

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a thread like this already.

So, just tell us the name of the game you are playing and maybe what you are doing in the game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 08:58:28 am »

I just recently completed my first game of Factorio, which ended with me winning after 30 hours of chaining together hundreds of automated factories and mining facilities, along with thousands of tiles worth of conveyor belts and railroad tracks in a love letter to the early industrialization era. Many indigenous critters were pulped and/or toasted by my defensive grid of dozens of armor-piercing turrets backed by flamethrowers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Otherwise, I've been playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds with a bunch of people from one of the other forums that I hang out at. Actually managed to win a round last night... although I'm not sure how much I actually contributed to that, since the end-game stats showed that I didn't actually manage to hit anyone. I mostly acted as the teams' bullet-riddled canary:
"Hey, where do you think the other players are?"
"I don't know - let's see where AlStar gets shot at from this time."
Good times.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 09:28:07 am »

Robots.io on mobile. Though there's been massive lag spikes, so I'm using a very particular build to do so. It's an overhead 8v8 mech-combat game. And in theory, I'm #6 in the world, but that's mostly due to lack of motivation by the actually good players months ago.

But hey, I've got a reputation to uphold (in a semi-dead, but very free-to-play game. Admittedly, I just like smashing noobs and being an arsehole, sometimes, during my morning coffee). 
It's a game. Have fun.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:32:35 am »

On a retro kick and playing some games from my childhood era that I never got around to.

I just beat the original Spyro and I'm currently on Donkey Kong 64.  After playing the two back-to-back, I have to say that it's both interesting to see games from this era from a modern perspective without nostalgia, and also a bit of an eye opener in good and bad game design choices.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 10:18:32 am »

X-Piratez, a mod for Open X-Com.
There is just so much stuff. And it manages the "underdogs in a world in which the aliens won" a lot better than XCom2 (which I really enjoyed). Even after you research armor that is better than what most enemies wear and have weapons to deal with most enemies, when a lot of missions are optional because all you get is some points, little money and a few potential slaves it manages to stay interesting. Some enemies will always be a threat.
You can also tame werewolves and use them to fight for you, that alone makes it the awesome.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:26:09 am »

Speaking of Spyro I just beat Spyro Ripto's Rage! yesterday, something I was never able to do as a kid, I also remember it being a lot harder back when I first played it, and I just bought the original Spyro off eBay a few days ago, because I never played it as kid.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 10:28:48 am »

Trackmania² Valley.
There's a weekly competition this evening, so I'm training on its map pool. I don't have any expectations since I'm fairly new to this specific game, but trying to semi-consistently get clean runs on technical maps made by high-level players is a nice learning experience, compared to the more gimmicky solo campaign.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 10:29:30 am »

I tried a thread like this a couple years back, because I'd found a lot of good game leads and ideas from a similar thread on another forum. Never did seem to take off though. On B12 I imagine the stuff on the first page is a short hand for what people are playing.

Anyways, on a big Warhammer Fantasy kick. A friend bought me Total Warhammer 1 & 2, been playing the crap out of those. Really enjoying my Beastman playthrough.

Also playing Vermintide 2 because it just came out. Another great GWS Fantasy title. Between TW2 and VT2, I'm really starting to fall in love with Warhammer Fantasy again. 40k has supplanted it for me for years because the fiction is so much more interesting in 40k...but get a good Fantasy computer game and the flavor really, really comes across.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 11:14:51 am »

I'm playing through Dark Souls 1 to compare between the original, DSFix version, and remastered version.

Also been playing quite a lot of Rainbow Six Siege and Ravenfield.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 12:23:51 pm »

Mostly been playing Yugioh Duel Links lately. I've been using a Sylvan deck, which basically self-mills cards from my deck to trigger monster effects that destroy enemy cards in play or allow me to special summon big critters. I've only got two spell cards in the deck (because Magic Merchant's effects allow me to mill until it hits one), "Hey, Trunade!" pushes all opponent's set spells/traps back into their hand and "Raging Mad Plants" which gives my critters additional attack/defense for a turn based on the number of plant critters in my graveyard (and then destroys my critters at the end of my turn, so it's basically a finisher card).

With my Sylvan deck I've made it to lv19 (out of 20) for the current stage in the KC Cup event currently going on and have been collecting gems I've been putting towards finishing my Metamorphosed Insect Queen deck by collecting Pinch Hoppers to help special summon it. Finished preparing that deck last night, looking forward to taking it into pvp.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 02:39:42 pm »

i'm jumping between the free2play triumvirate of Warframe, Path of Exile and Planetside 2.

pay money for entertainment? ha, i think not. through grind and shrewd trading, i have most everything i want in all games.

i have a semi complete templar summoner build (i have the skill gems and the summoning passives but not the gear and i know its not the most efficient but its fun) in PoE.

i got lucky one summer and got the NS11 Platinum rifle code for my vanu acct. i also maxed the meditool and repair tools. i spent some certs tricking out my default guns for each class, except not as much for infiltrator (ive never been good at stealth). PS2

and I've collected all the BPs to make a vauban prime but nitrain comes slow. I also founded a new clan with some friends (The FailClan and the Fail Alliance, all are welcome to join either if you have a solo clan you don't want to let go)

im gonna take a 2 week vacation during the summer cuz i certainly wont be able to after october, it's all booked up! and well, we see what im gonna do during that time, lol. though, maybe i'll spice it up with some tinder dates as well.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 03:04:08 pm »

I recently bought alpha protocol (still 15 buxorz on steam). It's a fun game! But the funny thing is, I actually find myself looking forward to the conversations with various people more than the gunplay (Although I enjoy that too).

I can't even remember the last time I actually wanted to talk to the NPCs in a game to see what they have to say about my actions.  Deux Ex certainly never grabbed me that way. All the bethesda games, all the final fantasy games, I try to make myself follow the story but generally I just get bored and want to get back into the action.  It doesn't help when the lore is all peppered with a million made up terms specifically for this game (Looking at you FF13!) I can't be bothered to remember what the 2 varieties of stupid crystal people were called in that game, but the game clearly expected me to.  Bethesda isn't as bad that way, but their games suffer badly in the dialog department.  Yeah, they write reams and reams of text, but the writing is generally really stupid.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 04:36:51 pm »

I've been spending a lot of time on my phone and tablet lately, playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Unison League.

In FFBE, a recent event involved giving away free gatcha pulls each day with high rates, which got me several strong new units and prompted me to invest some time towards leveling and gearing them. I was happy to find that those units could effectively clear the live event monster, so I farmed all the items from that. When that event ended, I began studying and clearing the endgame boss monsters, earning lots of new powerful equipment from each victory. I worked through about half of those bosses before another event began, and now I'm focusing my resources on that. Just today I found a generous person on some forums who was offering his friend unit which is capable of soloing the 3-Star Ifrit fight; I took him up on the offer and got my first 3-Star Esper, yay! In doing the daily missions I was also prompted to complete story exploration maps each day, so I've been doing the maps I needed to find Vault Keys. I now have about 80% of the keys collected, and once I find them all I can do a quest to earn an accessory that will make the wearer 100% less likely to be targeted, effectively making one of my dps or support units immune to single-target attacks while other units are alive; I'm sure I can find a use for that.

In Unison League, my clan leader recent recruited some powerful new members, which left me feeling lacking in gear score and prompted me to push myself higher and try to catch up. I grinded out the main story quests to the end of the first season, and in doing so unlocked the 3 extra classes, Treasure Hunter, Berserker, and Rook. I switched my main class from Lancer to Berserker. I'm loving the boost to damage output, though I do miss being able to break enemy defenses. I also invested pretty heavily in the recent Fairy Tail collaboration, burning about 150 gems, which is a lot for a free-to-play. At the end of the event I had 2 Erza's and 3 Lucy's to show for my efforts, which were good upgrades from my old monsters. I also got a new spear which doesn't synergize well with Berserker class, but still has better stats than any of my current axes or scythes. I'm now working on farming blue orbs to reforge the Lucy's so I can combine them, and also burning my stockpile of Proficiency keys to unlock the shared bonuses from the Rook and Treasure Hunter trees.

My remaining time is split between Vermintide 2 and Fortnite on PC, and Ni No Kuni 2 on PS4.

Vermintide is great fun, though I now have 4 heroes at level 30 with fully 300-power gear. As enjoyable as the frantic action is, there's not much progression left, aside from the tiny chance at getting red equipment.

Fortnite, the current event season is quickly coming to an end, and I've gotten all of the items I really wanted from it. There's still a few unique hero skins I wouldn't mind grabbing, but each requires a lot of grinding and I just have too much other stuff to do atm. I'll probably get into this more heavily when the new event season starts.

Ni No Kuni 2 has a lot of exploration and fun boss fights, and city management stuff. It's nothing particularly original or unique, just a solid all around game that I'm gradually getting through when I can find the time.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 06:34:18 pm »

Vermintide is great fun, though I now have 4 heroes at level 30 with fully 300-power gear. As enjoyable as the frantic action is, there's not much progression left, aside from the tiny chance at getting red equipment.

Same ultimate problem as VT1 I suppose. I'm still in pursuit of overall mastery....but with just one character at 30, I really only play it when friends are playing it. The drive to play solo is gone. If it were a $60 game or even a $40 game, I might have buyer's remorse. But the price point is right for what I paid. Interested to see what the DLC brings. Those guys should really just make a full fledged Warhammer RPG out of it, rather than the pure L4D + gear grind model. I'd play that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 07:12:09 pm »

Just re-beat Banner Saga 2 to get as many refugees as possible and am about to replay BS2 to do the same in preparation for BS3.

Also... not sure whether I should also do an alternative run as Alette one of these times... there are mixed signals on whether Rook or Alette's is the better story line.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100