Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176836 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 07:20:29 pm »

Black Survival, since my desktop caught on fire shortly after Christmas (botched solder job, attempting to repair various critical failures all over the map) and I lost my laptop charger at a hotel, leaving me with a sole phone.

It's basically a mobile battle royale game, familiar to anybody who knows Battle Royale, Hunger Games, Btooom!, etc. PUBG from what I gather, but I'm unfamiliar with it. Menu based, move from region to region trying to craft up equipment, restoratives, traps, then hunt down everybody else (not necessarily in that order). Assuming you don't die, most matches end around 25-35 minutes, and I think there's a hard timer of approximately 45 minutes (though that'd be really weird-- for the last 5 minutes or so, you'd be trapped in a single map with nothing to do but beat on the other survivors until only one remains... and if that somehow doesn't happen, then the area should be flagged out of bounds and everybody gets executed).
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 08:16:25 pm »

+1 for X-Piratez openXcom MOD. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to get back to my playthrough of it this weekend.

It gets pretty grindy later on, because there's SO much to research, but I loved the early game combat. There's nothing more satisfying than flamethrowers and hammer gals, backed up by a few explosive cannonballs for fire support. Xcom original actually does melee pretty well when it's the focus, while the variety of weapons later on keeps it interesting. Also, a great take on the armour system, with plenty of playstyles available for when you're getting bored of arrow lobbing or sniping everything.

Totally recommend the mod to any Xcom fan.
It's a game. Have fun.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 08:45:02 pm »

Gone back playing Fallout 4 again, focusing on Sim Settlements's Rise of the Commonwealth addon.
Sim settlements basically lets you put down plots for NPCs to build their own stuff. Think of it as Sim City in Fallout.
And Rise of the Commonwealth automates settlement building even further.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 09:57:45 pm »

Been playing a lot of openRA. A LOT of openRA.

Got to stay in tip top shape, it's tournament season.

If anyone was wondering, openRA is an open source version of Red Alert.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 12:45:29 am »

In a past sale on GOG.com I acquired about 15 CRPGs ranging from the Gold Box series to Eye of the Beholder. I've set myself the long goal of finishing all of them but only recently started working through them again, continuing the game I had in "Pool of Radiance".

They're a lot of fun, but old RPGs are very unforgiving and what with all the checking back through the manual for item stats and journel entries it wears me down after a while. "Pool of Radiance" has a battle early on where your party of ~level 3 characters has to fight 2 Ogres and 3-4 trolls. That's not even mentioning the propensity for the game to cause massive brawls to break out whenever you go into a tavern.
I also had a bug occur when I was selling gear where my stack of ~5 jewerly flipped into a massive mound of 65535 jewelry. I reloaded simply because I was unable to carry anything else, especially after trying to convert it all into platinum pieces.

I'm now having a break from Pool of Radiance to play "Eye of the Beholder". It's much more user friendly and the graphics are nicer but there's no auto map so I keep getting lost in these same-wall sewers. I never was that much of a fan of 1st person dungeon crawlers but, eh, I'll live.

@Orb: Ooo, OpenRA seems interesting. I'll have to give it a try.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 08:52:46 am »

It is. Been watching it a bit on twitchTV. And realizing just how bad I actually was at LAN tournaments in days gone by.
It's a game. Have fun.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 12:26:20 pm »

I've been playing the first witcher.
ended up killing the second boss in the dumbest way possible.
so for a little bit I was being attacked by the head hunter (accidentally killed a guard while using the group style) and was saving up coin to pay him off. by the time the second boss fight happens he spawns in and I pay him off, he then is targeted by most of the monsters and the boss, the head hunter swings his sword once and kills the boss and every single monster in the arena. so I may have found a possible speed run tactic
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 01:54:37 pm »

I started a Pillars of Eternity playthrough in preparation for the sequel, intending to take all the NPCs that made it to the sequel so I'd have a save to carry over... but I've completed the game 3-4 times already and by the time I made it to Defiance Bay I'd already fatigued to the point that making it through the rest of the game felt like too much of a slog.

Now I'm finding myself lacking motivation for a serious stab at any of my games, so I've ended up just cycling through short stints on my various Grim Dawn characters (of which I have so many I'm not making much progress on any of them) while I wait for Battletech to release.  I'd probably be playing some Titan Quest too, if the guy that Steam-friend-requested me to ask if I wanted to play co-op would ever actually play.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 04:57:04 pm »

Been playing Dead Cells (fantastic, even in early access) and Dead Rising 4 (from the humble monthly).

I've been pretty entertained by both.  I don't normally get early access games, but my roommate was having such a good time with it that I couldn't resist it when it went on sale a little while back.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:03 pm »

Dead Cells is amazing.  I struggle with bosses though.

I did realize after a while that the trick to beating the incomplete one are either turrets or a turrent plus a beartrap
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 05:31:44 pm »

Dead Cells is amazing.  I struggle with bosses though.

I did realize after a while that the trick to beating the incomplete one are either turrets or a turrent plus a beartrap

Beartrap (and ice grenade) works great against a lot of the bosses & elites I find.  :) 

I had such a hard time at the start with the incomplete one, but now that I've got his move set down and I've gotten better at assigning my skill points I rarely even need to use a potion again him.

Ninja Boss I still struggle with, I've only managed to beat him twice. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 05:32:37 pm »

Farming simulator 2017 with shittons of mods. Having fun tending to my animals and crops and trying to make stupid AI at least somewhat usefull....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 06:20:19 pm »

+1 for X-Piratez openXcom MOD. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to get back to my playthrough of it this weekend.

It gets pretty grindy later on, because there's SO much to research, but I loved the early game combat. There's nothing more satisfying than flamethrowers and hammer gals, backed up by a few explosive cannonballs for fire support. Xcom original actually does melee pretty well when it's the focus, while the variety of weapons later on keeps it interesting. Also, a great take on the armour system, with plenty of playstyles available for when you're getting bored of arrow lobbing or sniping everything.

Totally recommend the mod to any Xcom fan.

Hammergals aren't what they used to be because there is an evade mechanic now where shooting next to an enemy has a high chance of that shot going a random direction. As hammers use the shooting mechanic they are affected as well. The enemies suffer from this as well of course, and the AI being what it is means you can be safer right next to an enemy, though safety is not guaranteed, so it is a nice game of chance.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 08:34:31 am »

Earlier I was playing Spryo Year of the dragon, but right now I'm playing DoomRL still not getting that far.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 11:23:51 am »

Earlier I was playing Spryo Year of the dragon

I just read about the Spyro remaster yesterday. It is by far the most impressive remastering I've ever seen. They basically rebuilt every model and landscape from the ground up. Music and sound effects are supposed to be getting the same treatment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100