Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178480 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2018, 05:19:44 am »

Dark Messiah is great fun. The multiplayer was also a hoot when it still existed... Unbalanced as all hell, but definitely high-octane.

Things you will hate:
The little squidboy facehugger bastards
Spiders
Weapons not doing what they're supposed to do
SARETH, MY LOVE
Spiders
The better necromancers who can freeze you into a Sarethsicle punching-bag
Stealth mechanics being fucked
Even more cocking fuckleg spiders
That one bit with the infinite goddamn spiders
Those flying assholes

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2018, 08:42:16 am »

Infinite spiders?

Oh no...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2018, 09:11:05 am »

I remember loving the combat mechanics in Dark Messiah, but also wishing that it was a dynamic open-world experience rather than a linear heavily scripted affair.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2018, 11:43:18 am »

I remember loving the combat mechanics in Dark Messiah, but also wishing that it was a dynamic open-world experience rather than a linear heavily scripted affair.

There are parts of the game that seem like they really wanted to be exactly that. I think that the developers really wanted something more open-worldy, but they didn't have the time, the team, or the money (also, Source probably isn't the greatest engine for doing particularly open games). There was also a lot of talk when it first came out about releasing the SDK for it and letting the modders have their way. However, there was apparently some part of the contract with Ubisoft that prevented that from happening.

And, I mean, Arkane Studios made their name a long time ago with a significantly more freeform game, Arx Fatalis, and Dark Messiah has several bits and bobs that indicate that heritage.

Then they went into hibernation again, before eventually coming out with Prey. Which, despite the bizarre history behind its name, is also a pretty damn neat little title.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2018, 06:11:02 pm »

Didn’t they also make Dishonored 1 and 2?

The chain-climbing, at least, seems quite similar...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2018, 07:21:56 pm »

Yep, that's them.

Digging back in to Darkest Dungeon again after the Color of Madness update. Simply needed a break from Cultist Stimulator. (Seriously CS, just give me what I need so I can finish already.....)

I think? I'm digging the mechanical changes. I like the crit bonuses specific to each character class. Not sure I like so many abilities being made "X # of times per battle" abilities. Even though I know it's not THAT big of a limitation, the hoarder/conservationist gamer in me thinks....it's too much to gamble a whole slot on? What happens if you miss? Or some other dumb thing happens? An entire slot, now useless. What's more is many of the buffs these limited abilities give also have durations on them of combat rounds. Sometimes as few as 2. So I've been sticking with the "less flashy" moves on all my guys are things are going swimmingly for the most part in the early game.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:35:04 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2018, 08:08:16 pm »

A number of the actions that are limited are buffs of some kind and now last the entire battle (Plague Doctor's Emboldening Vapors or Leper's Revenge), which prevents players from stacking them like mad and, say, killing the final boss with just one blow.

Dunno which ones are limited in duration aside from ones like the Grave Robber's Shadow Fade.

Crit bonuses and more frequent crits are nice enough.

Dunno why they made Jester's Solo usable two times, though, given that Finale can only be used once...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2018, 08:28:25 pm »

It's not clear from the descriptions which have durations and which last the entire battle. Shadow Fade and Tracking Shot read the same but function differently.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2018, 12:38:42 am »

You know what, you're right about that.

For some reason I was thinking the Hellion's exhaust debuffs now lasted the entire battle until I used Breakthrough and saw it wasn't.

I guess we'll just have to use all the skills and then figure out for ourselves.

Or we could make a fresh save file for the purpose of using and figuring out the skills...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2018, 01:20:36 pm »

playing fallout 4, heavily modded of course.

im currently playing a 2x damage (as in everyone and everything does twice the damage to each other; fights are faster and bloodier for everyone!), with slightly increased spawns and experimenting with Fallout Commander and We Are the Minutemen. its fucking fun. i called in a flare squad to start our assault on a very fortified corvega factory.

we took the outside pretty handily though i lost a few troops fighting to clear the roof. my honor guard of regulars (i didnt spawn the special minutemen cuz i dont feel ive earned them yet; we're only a handful of settlements deep so far) took only a single loss.

then saved and closed the game so i can take a shower after that intense battle. i came back to steam updating Fallout 4 and now my F4se and version dependent mods are fucking broken. Fucking leave fallout 4 alone, bethesda, and get cracking on fallout 76. stop breaking my damn game!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2018, 10:09:16 pm »

Not using img tags and scaling to reasonable dimensions because you need to see this in its full glory.

What am I currently playing? This absurdity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2018, 05:44:39 am »

Playing IVAN. You know, the classic roguelike?   
Anyway, I was guzzling water out of a fountain (I'd like to say this was because it was early in the run and I wasn't very attached to my character, but truth be told I tend to lack much self-control when it comes to fountains) and before long I fell in, was sucked into the plumbing, and then burst out of a pipe... seemingly embedded in the middle of a wall?

It took me a moment to realise what had happened. Of all the open squares in the level the game could have chosen to spit me into, I wound up on the still-buried staircase to a certain highly-dangerous secret area. Hahaha, uh-oh.

I don't have any gear capable of breaking through walls, so... I guess the only way forwards is forwards. o____o
On the plus side, at least nothing can follow me up the stairs from below, due to there literally being no damn room for them. Well, they can, but I can see no sign of those that did so I'm guessing they spawned outside these walls on the nearest open tiles.

Wish me luck, haha. I probably could have left off for a few minutes and had myself a HDYLD post instead...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2018, 12:05:19 am »

Started on Spyro 3 recently, and I'm really enjoying it.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the other playable characters at first, but I think it was executed pretty well.

Some of the eggs feel a lot more fiddly and irritating than the orbs from Spyro 2, at least comparing the early ones between games, and some gems are way harder to locate.  I guess I'll see if I like the increased challenge as the game progresses.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2018, 05:08:50 am »

Spyro 3 was always my favorite one as a kid, and if you are playing them in order that means you are almost at enter the dragonfly, and it's just as bad as people say it is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2018, 12:40:48 pm »

I've been playing Star Traders: Frontiers lately. It is a space trader simulation where you control the ship, the officers and the crew. You upgrade ship and crew gain experience etc. It is strangely addictive, although with several annoying bugs. Still in EA and on sale in Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100