Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176845 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2018, 01:47:46 pm »

Spyro 3 was always my favorite one as a kid, and if you are playing them in order that means you are almost at enter the dragonfly, and it's just as bad as people say it is.

That's disappointing, but more or less what I expected.  And yes, I'm playing them in order after picking the first up for the first time around 6 months ago.  I really hate that I missed these as a kid.

It's too bad that the games after Spyro 3 are disappointing as a whole.  Maybe after the remastered trilogy is released something new and better will be made.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2018, 03:45:40 pm »

I got Deep Rock Galactic on the Steam Summer Sale and have been playing that. It's a lot of fun figuring out how to identify tunnels and dig out gems and spot those mineral veins, but all of that only takes a few hours, and afterwards there is little progression to incentivize further play. The actual action is engaging for a while, but with just shy of 20 hours played I'm already starting to look for my next game. I paid just $19 at the current sale price, so I consider that a fair ratio of fun to price. And it's still in development, so I may well come back and get some more hours out of it at a later date.

Rock and Stone, to the bone!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:48:17 pm by Folly »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2018, 05:07:52 pm »

I've been playing Star Traders: Frontiers lately. It is a space trader simulation where you control the ship, the officers and the crew. You upgrade ship and crew gain experience etc. It is strangely addictive, although with several annoying bugs. Still in EA and on sale in Steam.
I don't usually like ship-centered space games, but this looks... kinda awesome.
I just not long ago wasted a few bucks on FTL which I will probably never pay, though, so I'm probably not gonna step out of my comfort zone in that direction for a while. (Being stony broke helps, haha.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2018, 02:03:37 am »

After selling a bunch of things in my Steam inventory, I had enough wallet money to buy Half-Life 2, and I installed a few mods for good measure.

The Citizen has a few odd things, some of which might be attributable to its age (I keep seeing "Node Graph out of date. Rebuilding... whenever I get a level transition), but it's otherwise pretty fun, and not too hard.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2018, 07:38:57 am »

And yes, I'm playing them in order after picking the first up for the first time around 6 months ago.
I'm also playing them in order but have kind of slowed down because of how bad enter the dragonfly is, also I got hero's tail recently and it looks really weird to me also it does control the same as any of the others.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2018, 03:06:47 pm »

one of the steam sales i picked up was the original deus ex game.

im having so much fun being stealthy. i minmaxed into stealth, melee, and hacking/lockpicking.

JC probably stands for John Cena, cuz they can't see me.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2018, 11:54:23 pm »

If you liked Deus Ex, you might want to consider some of the other games, like Revision, The Nameless mod, and probably a lot of other mods out there.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2018, 12:00:57 am »

one of the steam sales i picked up was the original deus ex game.

im having so much fun being stealthy. i minmaxed into stealth, melee, and hacking/lockpicking.

JC probably stands for John Cena, cuz they can't see me.

If you want some hilarity with your stealth and aren't going for a no kill run, try getting the jumping augmentation and kill people by goomba stomping them from atop buildings.  The leg augmentation helps you to not die in the process.

I've killed a couple of late game "bosses" this way, and I giggled more than I want to admit.

Sadly, I don't think the game really sets you up for lots of opportunities to do this on mooks.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2018, 04:24:58 pm »

I'm juggling a play-through of Xcom 2 with expansion, Cities: Skylines, a sale acquired Dead Cells, and an obscure MMA booking manager simulator I got in a dollar bundle.

On top of that, I've gotten back into a couple mobile games of varying degrees of monetization

...I've got a short gaming attention span nowadays so I pick up and drop games on a dime.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2018, 10:48:23 am »

So, had a funny little experience on SS13 a while back...

The server actually had people on it, which is uncommon, and the round was starting to drag out. Suddenly, pirate event! I spawned in as the captain, and started trying to figure out how to actually play the damn role.

I headed aft to the ship's engine room and started going about setting up the pirate cutter's (horrible, abysmal, torturously bad, shameful) turbine generator.

While I'm fiddling with the pipes trying to get an actually not-awful burn mix going, someone else spawned in as a pirate, ran in, and tried disarming me a couple times. I backed off and said "What's yer problem, ya layabout?". He responded with "I fuck bitches and get money". I was in the act of responding with "Then go and get the station's money ya scabrous dog!" when he continued his self-description with "And now, I fuck you".

He ran at me, knocked me down, and just started strangling me. I was a bit shocked to say the least, as this was highly unexpected behavior from, y'know, a team antagonist.

I tried breaking out of his grip, but as I'm sure many SS13 players know, trying to break out of a chokehold is a ha-ha hail mary. So I just sat there and waited for my second time as a pirate to come to a confusing and abrupt end. For whatever reason though, I didn't seem to be dying.

After a while of this, he chuckled to himself and said "Now I'm the captain!". I was still alive and conscious at this point. I figured I'd just gotten lucky and my cigar somehow had some kind of oxy medication in it, or something.

Apparently, neither of us were familiar with whatever changelog turned all space pirates into skeletons. Skeletons, which don't need to breathe, and thus cannot be strangled.

Suddenly, my resist attempt actually went through and I wriggled out of his grasp! Grabbing the nearest toolbox, I set about cracking his skull wide open with some old-fashioned robusting. His next few outbursts were of the "What-OUPH!", "How di-GAK!" and "Wait!" variety. I kept slamming him with the toolbox until the last spark of life left his body, and then kept smashing a while longer for good measure.

I then grabbed his corpse, opened the turbine ignition chamber, hurled his body inside, shut the door and started the burn. "I don't abide mutiny", I muttered while observing the crisping bones in the burn chamber.

OOC: "Fuck you captain shitstain"

He then apparently tried to adminhelp me because I killed him after he tried to kill me. As you might expect, I was not the one who got banned that day.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2018, 03:21:03 pm »

Project Gorgon

I picked this up during the Steam Summer Sale, and currently have 35 hours played; this is already more hours than the dollars I paid for the game, and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Project Gorgon is an MMORPG Sandbox, currently in Early Access, developed by a very small but dedicated team.

Let me start with the bad. Graphics are very primitive, reminiscent of early Everquest 1 with low-polygon models and low-resolution textures. There are a few examples of more modern graphics, such as nice lightning effects and some weapons with pretty particles, but these are very much exceptions to the norm. Sadly, despite these simple graphics, performance is also an issue. FPS frequently drops painfully low, mainly in heavily populated cities. The GUI is also extremely primitive, though also customizable, which helps somewhat. And being in early access, certain sections of the game are unfinished.

Now the good.

Lore. There is an interesting story line surrounding your own character, who has amnesia and must discover their own past while simultaneously moving towards their own future. What I appreciate most about this is the sandbox format, where your story is not shoved down your throat but rather it's completely optional and something that is genuinely interesting to pursue in a freeform format.
Aside from your own character, there are many NPC's, each possessing unique and often quirky personalities that are fun to discover. There are of course NPC's you can interact with an ask for quests, but also NPC's who just hang around towns and chat with each other, revealing amusing insight into the nature of the world around you. This is definitely a game that will make you want to stop your fighting and take a few minutes at a time to read.

Combat. Players have health, armor, and energy bars. Monsters have Health, armor, and rage bars. For both players and monsters, some attacks do bonus damage to armor, some attacks bypass armor and damage health directly, some attacks increase the rage bar more, some do not affect rage or actually reduce it, some attacks heal you or regenerate armor, some attacks do not consume energy or regenerate energy or consume extra energy to do great damage. Attacks also have damage types, piercing slashing crushing or various elemental types. Some enemies have huge armor and low health, or lots of health and low armor, or resistance or weakness to specific damage types. Some enemies attack in swarms, some alone, some can be carefully pulled to minimize the number of enemies you need to fight. Bottom line, there are lots of variables, and you are actually incentivised to use them in a tactical manner. This is a great example of the old-fashioned hotbar combat done right.

Skills. There is no main player level, only skill levels. When you go to skin or butcher an animal, it uses both your skinning/butching skill along with your anatomy skill for that creature type. When you cook, it uses your cooking and knife fighting skills. When you eat, your gourmand skill is used. There are all the usual tradeskills you would expect, along with a ton of lifestyle skills, and lots of combat skills. Most activities you can do in the game will utilize one or more of your skills. Learning the skills involves exploring to find NPC's who can teach you, and leveling your skills often involves cooperating with other skills. Starting out a new skill is usually easy enough, but grinding to higher levels is generally impractical unless you learn to work with other players and buy/trade for components you need.
Combat skills are particularly interesting. You can use two combat skills at a time, and switch between them freely outside of combat. You've got swords, daggers, staves, hammers, all the usual weapon types. But also some more exotic options...have you ever wanted to be a combat-cow who stampedes enemies and then finishes them off with a string of literally deadly insults? Yeah, that's totally possible in Project Gorgon. And since different enemies have different weaknesses, it's handy to have access to different combat types so that you can counter enemies effectively.

Community. There are no spam-bots in chat. I'm sure this will change if the game becomes popular enough...but for now, global and local chats are full of friendly and helpful people, which is refreshing after the mess seen in some other MMO's recently.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase and would strongly recommend it for anyone who feels like they can overlook the bad parts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2018, 07:39:42 am »

Words for Evil.
I just keep coming back from this game. It's pretty much old faithful for me. Also I just learned what a pavis is! Kind of embarrassing that I didn't know that already, but y'know, better late than never.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2018, 04:00:17 pm »

Echoes of Aetheria.  Been thirsting for a JRPG sorta thing where I can pick skills and just kinda have a build and defined roles for a party and stuff, and bam, found this.

The story is POLITICS n shiet too.  Good stuff.

Have this janky OBS recording of a conversation.  Can you tell it's the first time I've used OBS?  I'll bet you can.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mc70wVaUQyge0UITEAkQeTY3WtRSaIT1

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2018, 04:17:50 pm »

Killing Floor 2.
Payday 2.
Vermintide 2.

Basically if it's a horde game and has 2 in the title, I'm playing it.

Dunno why I decided to fire up Payday 2 again, but man, they've added a lot of content in the 3 or 4 years since I've played it. Not quite like starting the game over (I have $40 million in spending cash from the last time I played) but it sorta feels like it. Especially with all the new missions where I don't know thing 1 about what to do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2018, 10:52:26 am »

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Im doing the Someguy Series’s New Vegas Bounties series right now, about to head to Utah (hopefully with less angry tribals with guns this time).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100