Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178974 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2018, 08:30:05 am »

Starbound.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2018, 08:42:07 am »

Serial Experiments Lain. And by "playing" i mean "listening to". And by "listening to" i mean "readen", of course. >_<
I think I need to brush up on my readen comprehension.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2018, 10:54:38 am »

Reading, dammit.
EDIT: Actually readen it, but on internet, long animations, obtuse interface and lagging controls be damned
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. Although i apparently missed secret ending this way.
In short, scenes of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
were hilarious.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:20:44 pm by MCreeper »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2018, 05:02:30 pm »

Currently playing x rebirth almost non stop. Gotta get wet back into space opera before X4 comes knocking.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2018, 05:09:11 pm »

I'm gonna be playing the fist of the north star game tomorrow
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2018, 05:18:18 pm »

Dark Souls 3. Felt the desire to playthrough again after watching some streams, and decided to do a New Game+ playthrough and do some Bro-op while I'm at it.

Kenshi, because I felt the need for something new and engrossing. Has not disappointed so far.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War because a friend bought it and reminded me I have not actually finished my first playthrough yet. And I probably never will, as I get sucked down the rabbit hole of Orc politics, fiddly mechanics to upgrade equipment and general all around bad luck.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2018, 08:46:42 pm »

Now just working on the last. Fortunately it's the one where I have to do the least!
Don't forget revengence!
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:39 am »

No One Lives Forever 1 and 2. It’s janky and I keep missing things that would likely be obvious to others (namely anything above or below me), but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s funny.

I’m considering also playing Project J.A.C.K., but it was really poorly received, so I’m not sure about the decision.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2018, 10:50:05 am »

No One Lives Forever 1 and 2.
All I remember from that series is evil mimes, box shaped henchmen, and a sword fight with a ninja in a house that was picked up by a tornado
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2018, 03:28:57 am »

In Celebration of Violence. Probably the most fun I've had with an action-roguelite since I don't remember when. Dark soulsy swing-parry-dodge combat plus riskofrainish modifier acquisition and class unlocks plus spells and gods and whatnot work together surprisingly well.
Still have to get any further than the third area, most often due to wasting my Estu surges in the transition dungeons.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2018, 08:58:40 pm »

I just got two emails, one saying that I had just been accepted for the testing of Google Stream featuring Assassin's Creed Odyssey. The other saying I had just been accepted for the Alpha of Amazon's MMO 'New World'. So I guess I'm going to be busy for a while.

EDIT:
Okay, I've put a few hours into Assassins Creed Odyssey, so here are my initial impressions.

Firstly, Google's Project Stream works exactly as advertised. No download, no installation, just open Chrome and start playing a console-quality video game, it's really that easy. If Google can get a respectable library going with competitive pricing, I could absolutely see myself playing all my games this way someday soon.

As to ACO itself, I have never played a previous AC game so cannot make that comparison. Movement and combat feel exactly like the Middle-Earth Shadow games; lots of climbing, sneaking, assassinating, parrying, and graphic executions. Exploration and questing however feel more like an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game. The map is absolutely massive and full of points of interest, so completionists will definitely find hundreds of hours of gameplay here, if not thousands. I am not particularly enthusiastic about the characters or setting so far; they both feel extremely mundane. But the setting may grow on me with time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:33:15 am by Folly »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2018, 12:10:25 am »

I've been wanting to play Bloodbourne forever but it's not coming to PC. But you can stream it from Sony directly on your computer, if you sign up for their service.

As interesting as the idea of streaming games is.....it leaves me feeling a little unsettled for the PC market. Of course there will always be games for the PC, but Bloodbourne will likely never be ownable on a PC due to the higher profit factor of getting people to sign up for a subscription service instead. No Steam middle man for that game. The same thing was said when all the major publishers created their own walled gardens to compete with Steam, and market realities eventually forced them to let go of platform exclusivity.

But if streaming services get to the point where it's easier to stream a game than to own it....? What does that mean for all the big releases and the PC gaming market? A rise in prices to own PC games directly in order to push people toward a "much more cost effective" subscription based agreement? I dunno. When that other direct video game streaming service started up a few years ago, I disregarded it because I figured the tech wasn't there yet. But it seems we have arrived. This is mostly just a navel gazing post, but I was thinking about streaming vidya games a lot today after watching some Bloodbourne gameplay and seriously considering giving the Sony Store Play w/e a free trial, just to get my feet wet.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2018, 01:26:53 pm »

I’m starting to regret asking for the key to Moon Hunters (through the giveaway thread).

See, enemies seem... disturbingly easy to defeat with the priestess/orb flinger. A number of times, I’ve happened upon a group of foes and one or two (or even more) have stood where they are like lemons. It wasn’t until I attacked them that some (not all) of them decided to start moving and attacking.

The closest there is to a fast travel system (which would make traversing already-cleared parts of the map much easier) is the mobility skill, which isn’t all that great on the priestess.

What’s more - plenty of rooms have areas that you can’t interact with...

It’s not exactly a Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing, but it’s also not exactly an Enter The Gungeon.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26:23 pm »

Moon Hunters is a strange little beast... It's got a lot of very nice, very thematic elements, but at the same time... Does a lot of things very poorly.

The priestess is hysterically overpowered, by the by. Right below her is the ice skater, and lower down the totem pole you get the solar adept, the swordsman, witch, druid, and finally the very useless variety of bard. But the priestess is far and away the most powerful of the lot.

There are a lot of extra things that can be unlocked, but you'll need a lot of luck over the course of a staggering number of runs in order to open everything up, and, well... It simply doesn't have that level of replay value.

Also, I once defeated the boss with my hands tied behind my back... And despite there being an event for doing that specific thing to you (you need to show exceptional cockiness/bravery during the run, and boastful behavior), there's no achievement for successfully killing the boss with such a handicap. And that makes me sad.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2018, 02:30:22 pm »

But if streaming services get to the point where it's easier to stream a game than to own it....? What does that mean for all the big releases and the PC gaming market? A rise in prices to own PC games directly in order to push people toward a "much more cost effective" subscription based agreement?

I don't see any reason why a streaming service necessarily has to be subscription based and not ownership based. It's like Buying a game on Steam; once you've paid, you can download and play at any time without further payments. Buy a game on a streaming service and be free to stream it at any time without further payment.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100