Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176880 times)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2019, 09:24:14 am »

I am replaying Wizardry VII.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 19, 2019, 10:18:44 am »

Thanks for you all, but i will not be restarting at this point.  :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2019, 10:37:53 am »

I'm just waiting until he meets a certain someone standing outside a certain inn.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 19, 2019, 01:16:50 pm »

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (got bored of trying to make a fortress in DF), first time doing a zombie survival game so started without mods or the like and using blank survivor characters with cero bonuses just to test the controls and mechanics. now im experimenting with traits and stats using the Shower Victim start (the Really Bad Day also looks like a nice challenge if not because of dem fucking zomies everywhere)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2019, 01:27:01 pm »

I'm just waiting until he meets a certain someone standing outside a certain inn.

Thanks, now I'm getting flashbacks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 21, 2019, 01:02:29 pm »

It's easy to tell in x-piratez when the Gals finally make the crazy Hannah trading research

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 27, 2019, 11:15:02 am »

For some reason the reminder that Tactical Breach Wizards exists gave me the itch to play Doorkickers again, and I'm really enjoying it. Tactical games where you control a squad of people is one of my favorite genres.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 27, 2019, 11:41:33 am »

For some reason the reminder that Tactical Breach Wizards exists gave me the itch to play Doorkickers again, and I'm really enjoying it. Tactical games where you control a squad of people is one of my favorite genres.
I played Breach & Clear a bit back in the day (the Steam version), until I effectively broke the game by finding out about modded P90s and how they can have a firerate of approximately 18,000 RPM.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 29, 2019, 07:41:11 am »

A person on /r/patientgamers Discord gave me Immortal Redneck key, and man, the game's fucking great! It's an old-school-esque first-person shooter mixed with roguelite and procedural level generation with cartoonish, somewhat TF2-esque graphics. Played it non-stop for almost three hours.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2019, 12:36:30 pm »

There's a game mechanic i wasn't aware of in x-piratez.
After following a medium ship , it landed and my Gals assaulted it, as nearly every medium on the dozens landing i attacked it was full of Ositron troopers and small saucers (sometime there's a larger old-xcom saucer but this time there was none) .

As the map was rather open and desert, i took it slowly (as Ositron opportunity fire can be devastating as they sport rather powerful weaponry) with using the Gals grenade launchers to eliminate those pests (while they're near impervious to our combat shotgun, those Ositron guys are usually one-shot by grenade launchers)

After clearing the exterior of the big ship, it was time to assault it as the game wasn't ending so i figured out there was more of those Ositron troopers inside.

Positioned everyone to rush into the elevator, turn 19 ended and boom

After googling a bit because i was wondering if it was just bad luck with an AI sporting some kind of nuke and accidentally shooting at his feet or if it was some stupid mechanic to force you to rush , it's the latter as the entrance in the bootypedia mention (too bad i didn't noticed first time i read it) : ships that are on supply mission will automatically explode after 20 turns (though it was the end of turn 19 for me) , probably to cut you from getting too nice loot once you have the tech to easily attack them (yeah sure)

Hurray for saves and NOT playing in ironman mode :D

Very oddly the explosion spared one of the Ositron trooper that was on top of the now utterly ruined ship, but the guy unfortunately for him didn't resisted a grenade landing right on his face.
Oh well, not the best loot but a nice score for the end of the month.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 29, 2019, 12:53:23 pm »

There might be a behind-the-scenes explanation for that, actually. Vanilla X-Com had a funky little system where after a large number of turns (can't remember if it was 20 or 40), the aliens would all be made aware of your location (more than usual, that is) and would start homing in on your agents. Presumably it was implemented to prevent one sneaky bastard from hiding somewhere and making the mission take forever.

However, this behavior was frequently abused in order to funnel enemies into firing zones, or even more cheesily to empty alien bases by using the hilarious combination of standing on top of all the elevator tiles and then waiting for someone with a blaster launcher to try (and fail, horribly) to path a bomb up through the floor.

So rather than let players take advantage of the "come to papa" switch, now the ship just blows up. Makes sense to me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 29, 2019, 01:15:51 pm »

I'm currently pushing to beat Fallout 4's campaign so I can start again with a modded character, and maybe start playing some more of the other five or so games I'm working on.

It turns out, all my worries about the Glowing Sea were for nothing. My initial difficulty was just bad luck with getting legendary Mirelurks and other pain-in-the-ass random spawns on the way there, before I even reached the edge. OTOH it got me started building settlements, which is fun in certain areas (Sanctuary, the Castle) but not so much at others (Outpost Zimonja, Starlight Drive-In). At least the extra caps and crafting materials have made things slightly easier.

As for the glowing sea itself, it was a bit underwhelming. It looked cool, but there just wasn't much to it besides the main story objective and I left feeling like I missed something.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 29, 2019, 01:17:43 pm »

In x-piratez there's no "come to papa" AI behaviour like in old xcom in long battle , to avoid the alien stuck in a location forever until you explore every single tiles, there's a "bug hunt" mode that is triggered when there's only a couple of enemy left after a specific set of turns and point to their location in the map.

Now this auto explosion in turn 19/20 is from what i googled to prevent players to potentially farm the ships in "supply mission" because there's some nice loot (and so lots of money to be made from selling all the stuff).
Because if you think about it, it's an even bigger abuse : you just have to wait in a safe location, covered by your sky bus until turn 20 and the 3/4 of the enemy will automatically die in the large radius from the explosion of their ship

Anyways, in the supply ship mission, it's a good idea to keep a long distance between your Gals and the enemy ship in those conditions.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 30, 2019, 06:26:39 pm »

Currently playing rimworld with hardcoreSK mod and twitch toolkit, always looking to meet new faces and see how they interact with my game! Fun time! If interested search for lancepatchwork on twitch
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 01, 2019, 11:33:04 am »

Had some time to play and beat Mega Man 3 and 4 yesterday.  The rewind button in the legacy collection makes them too easy, but these games would be fantastically frustrating without it.  I heard someone once say that the Mega Man X games were harder, and I don't know how someone could actually believe that.  The robot masters especially felt like they were incredibly cheap in these games, with Ring Man standing out as particularly difficult to dodge and attack safely.

Then there was the fight with Wily in Mega Man 4, which required you to use the drill bombs in a way that I didn't even know was possible until I looked it up.  Apparently you can prematurely detonate them, which was the only way to hit the boss's weak point.

Oh, and the Top Spin from Mega Man 3 is maybe officially the worst ability in any Mega Man game, since you hurt yourself using it against the robot master it's intended for (can't remember which that was).  Top Man was at least an easy fight in comparison.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100