Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178638 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #465 on: May 02, 2019, 01:48:57 am »

I'm currently playing minecraft which I haven't really played much in years, most of the time I've been trying to remember how to make stuff from mods while building a skyscraper for no reason in particular.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 05, 2019, 06:40:16 pm »

on a space exploration kick currently:

x4:foundations (they really learned their lesson with x:rebirth)
no man's sky (which has been patched to amazingness)
avorion (also great, its billed for co-op on the store page but its good singleplayer as well)
elite dangerous (same as avorion, good singleplayer)
empyrion galactic survival (a different flavor of no man's sky with custom shipbuilding, its good if you're creative)
endless sky (a 2d version of of elite but with multiple ship ownership. also its FREEEEEE)

theres more i could add to this list too but i don't want to spread myself too thin, im mainly focused on no mans sky and x4. i had a simple yet somehow, great moment with x4 where i set my ship (im still in my elite vanguard) to scan mode (hunting smugglers while i ate) and i got up to walk around my tiny cabin (ingame) and it caught somebody. thats fucking amazing for some reason.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 05, 2019, 08:04:35 pm »

Started on Mega Man 10, which at least so far seems to have better level design, and the inclusion of an easy mode tells me that the developers rightly learned that Mega Man 9 was too hard.

Or maybe the game will kick me in the crotch in the next level.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 06, 2019, 05:39:49 am »

Supraland

A mix between Portal, Zelda and Metroid.

While searching Reddit for comments about good games on the current Steam sales, I saw a reference to Supraland.  Took a look at the RPS review, downloaded the demo... after playing for an hour and a half, I finally got to the end of the demo.  Waffled a bit about waiting for it to go on sale, bought it, and played it all weekend.

It's good (if you like that style of game).  Really good.  There are a few quibbles I have, with some of the puzzles, but they're relatively minor.  I'd easily rate it at 8/10.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 06, 2019, 10:24:52 am »

My weakness is not spinning the map often enough to see all of the chests and barrels that the camera hides. Are there visibility options or an alternative to holding alt that makes containers show up?

Let there be Tooltips!

You might try this, though I cannot personally vouch for it.
Yeah, I'm using it (and about 5 other mods that make the game far less of a pain in the ass) and its a lifesaver and ensures that I don't miss a huge amount of chests because I don't perfectly rotate the map for every single room or find some chest hidden in a secret room or hidden behind a crate. It isn't perfect, but its a hell of a lot better then nothing.
If you're curious my other quality of life mods are:
Toggle Sprint: Your party runs much faster. This saves a *huge* amount of time across the game as your characters are capable of moving faster then snails. It *is* slightly exploitable (as it makes sneaking and such easier as your dudes only spend 1/2 the time crossing the same area) but shaving hours of wasted time off the game is more then worth it.
Infinite Spirit vision: You don't need to cast spirit vision every 10 seconds to ensure you don't miss something. Highly recommended.
Bartering Tweaks: You use the bartering and persuasion of your highest skilled party members no matter who is actually trading (or optionally talking). This is mainly useful to avoid the massive trade micro needed as otherwise you need to individually move *every* *single* *item* over to your trader then sell it every single time, which is a huge pain in the butt.

Non-QOL mods:
Interesting Uniques]=https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1499480076]Interesting Uniques: Makes unique items slightly stronger and gives them actually unique abilities so that they aren't just trash that isn't any better then any halfways decent random item. They still aren't OP or anything (and you end up dropping them in a few levels anyways) but its nice.
Pet Revival: You can bring your pets back to life after they die randomly. Not a huge deal, but still rather nice.
Civil Freedom: Race specific class points are freely distributable at chargen. Note that it only works at chargen.
Fort Joy Respec: adds a respec mirror to fort joy. Very nice if you don't know exactly what you are doing and want to respec early on.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 07, 2019, 01:56:23 am »

I'm finally playing Metal Gear Solid 3. Maybe it's that I'm not really in the mood for a game like MGS, or maybe it's that it's been over a decade since I was really, truly invested in Metal Gear Solid, but I just cannot give a damn. All the words got on my nerves before I even gained control and none of these characters interest me at all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least I'll be able to play the MSX versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2, that should be interesting. It'll also be good to play MGS2 on a console that can actually handle all the particle effects in certain sections.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 07, 2019, 11:38:48 am »

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn aka 4 out of 10 chracters are invincible, kill anything in one hit and don't get any XP for it.  ::) Also two lvl 17 magical girls and one lvl 8 archer, he-he.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 07, 2019, 11:28:02 pm »

Even by the standards of a series that features robot ninjas, mooing mechs, literal vampires, an otaku superscientist that wets themselves in their first appearance, spandex-clad supermodel cyborgs that suffer PTSD and half a dozen people that all look identical and are all named Snake, Metal Gear Solid 3 is striking me as a bit stupid.

People actually care about The Boss? She talks like filler in a Shounen Jump anime.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

DominicNi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 08, 2019, 06:09:58 am »

Even I love these home teeth whitening kits by the standards of a series that features robot ninjas, mooing mechs, literal vampires, an otaku superscientist that wets themselves in their first appearance, spandex-clad supermodel cyborgs that suffer PTSD and half a dozen people that all look identical and are all named Snake, Metal Gear Solid 3 is striking me as a bit stupid.

People actually care about The Boss? She talks like filler in a Shounen Jump anime.

Right now I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid series for the umpteenth time. I'm on MGS 2 atm. haha
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 03:37:32 am by DominicNi »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 08, 2019, 07:05:05 am »

MGS3 is the best though. After MGS2, it goes without saying.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 08, 2019, 06:20:55 pm »

MGS3 is the best

it's hideo kojima's magnum opus but he doesn't even know it yet. it had:

good plot (i could actually make sense of it, its like a really convoluted bond film)
good gameplay
fun bosses
AMAZING soundtrack- i now have snake eater stuck in my head

no game has ever made a really long ladder climb an amazing setpiece since

edit: oh, on topic, im playing X4 still. for real tho, they made it so i can sit back and let my captain fly my M-level ships (i have a frigate i found) and thats awesome. mostly because im no good at flying larger ships, so my souped up hotrod fighter is docked on the frigate just in case and i let my crew do all the work, its the same awesome feeling i got from modded X:rebirth and thats base game included, so my hopes are very high with this game after some more patching and modding.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:27:12 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #476 on: May 08, 2019, 09:16:09 pm »

MGS2 is my favorite, I like the themes and gameplay better than MGS3, playing MGS3 well involves a lot of inventory time and I hate that

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:56 pm »

Guacamelee: Turbo Super Championship Edition, praised be the Humble Bundle for giving it out for free! The game is a blast to play, even if it seems that the platforming pieces are getting super-challenging and frustrating at times.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 19, 2019, 03:52:10 am »

I happened to notice that Steam was having a sale on Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition, so I picked it up. It's one of the most interesting and atmospheric RPGs I've ever played. It's one of those games where you can get lost exploring the possibilities in a single area for hours, which is both a blessing and a curse in my eyes; I'm always afraid of moving on for fear that I've missed something that could turn out to be important. In fact, this is what killed my first playthrough.

It's also one of the only RPGs I know of where you can kill a potential party member before they ever join you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 19, 2019, 06:30:11 am »

Fired up Middle Earth: Shadow of War again. Meant to do the last siege of the Shadow War and 100% the thing, but as always I got caught up managing my Orciemon instead. Now that I've hit the level cap, it's pretty easy to level up stragglers to max in one fight. So I'm going through topping off all my captains at my fortresses, "retiring" the ones that have any real weaknesses. They've basically made it so you can spend Mirrian to turn any orc into a legendary one, give them weapon enchantments or specific gangs or buffs. So you can basically build your own ideal orc more or less, the only thing you can't control is weaknesses. I'm sure I'll finish the game soon instead of spending another 100 hours splattering and promoting orcs......
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 100