Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176828 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #630 on: September 20, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

I was finishing off the leftover details of my BL2 account, but then I discovered that the free post-endgame DLC they released as marketing for BL3 has now been changed from "free for all Borderlands 2 players" to "fifteen dollah pleez".

So now I'm playing P-S, because fuck it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 20, 2019, 06:18:05 pm »

This is the same company that promised to release BL3 on Steam and then decided they'd rather be an Epic exclusive for a while, despite already being open for pre-orders.

I am not surprised.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 20, 2019, 06:27:18 pm »

I'm not sure how I feel about speaking in Epic's defense, but when the DLC launched, it did come with an expiration date for the 'free' part. I specifically remember that because it's what drove me to dust off my copy of prelaunch copy of BL2 and actually finishstart it
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 20, 2019, 09:23:28 pm »

Yeah, not sure where you got the info about the free DLC, but it did indeed come with a timer.

Presently I've been playing Starsector and SYNTHETIK. In the latter I've been trying to complete the class challenge for every class before prestieging.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 21, 2019, 01:33:18 pm »

i decided to test Corruption of Champions II

Oh god.

I've already forgot about the first one, and now there's a sequel??

Somehow never knew this game existed or anything similar even was a thing, though looking up I suppose its considered niche and not very well known. There is apparently a couple/few other similar games too.

But actually (playing first one) is rather surprisingly good.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 21, 2019, 02:50:47 pm »

I got Untitled Goose Game. You're a goose, therefore you're an asshole. You go steal stuff from people, knock stuff over, turn things on or off, and honk at them to complete a list of objectives. The people you're annoying keep going behind you to fix the things you've messed with, but you can go cause several types of mischief in a row, and get away with doing something else (for a while).

I still haven't managed to steal the groundskeeper's hat, which is part of an early objective in the first area. I also don't know if spreading your wings does anything at all.

Overall, pretty entertaining so far. It's a light puzzle game, so it's pretty relaxing.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 23, 2019, 04:43:53 pm »

I've come to grips with MGS3's gameplay and now actually have a ton of fun with the sneaking.

The characters are still boring.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not for lack of trying to coerce dialogue out of the codec radio, but it seems like nobody has anything to say about anybody. Para-Medic has a lot to say about food you're carrying and Sigint will of course talk about weapons and camouflage, but I have very little connection to any of these people.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 24, 2019, 06:18:08 pm »

I also don't know if spreading your wings does anything at all.
That's how geese T-pose.

*A take on MGS3 that doesn't applaud it as the greatest game evar*
Well there's something you don't see everyday. Not an unwelcome sight to be sure, but it pokes a hole in my theory that the game has subliminal messaging that makes everyone regard it as a masterpiece.

I recently reinstalled Crusader Kings 2 to try out a mod set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. It couldn't get it to work, so I settled for the next best thing and installed a Warcraft mod instead. It's RC Cola compared to Coca-Cola featuring actual cocaine, but I need to justify the obscene amount of money I've spent on DLC for that game somehow.

The mod plays well with the other mods I use, and certain races even have unique unit models, but it doesn't seem very well-balanced IMO. The antagonists of the two eras have it way too easy, and a player could steamroll the entire world with relative ease if they opted to play as them. Still, a lot of effort has gone into the mod and it shows. I've enjoyed playing it more than I would have forming Spain for the twentieth time, that's for sure.

The 'average Tuesday for the Border Princes' experience taught me two things: 'Orc girls are easy', and 'If you can't beat them, cuck them'.

I'll admit I haven't gotten too far into the second era. Sometimes Archimonde shows up to chop down a tree, sometimes he doesn't. It may be random, or it may be linked to how much fun the Scourge have been having, I can't tell. The Tau Dratini Blue Space Goats show up eventually, and some bug-men in a desert start acting dimicky in a desperate attempt to become relevant, but that's about all I've seen so far.

Also, this is in the mod by default.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 25, 2019, 08:21:46 am »

I think the Warhammer mod had some great catastrophe (don't know anything specific) happen to it and it's not up to date to the game's current release version. It's currently being updated by, I think, one single missed working on it and bringing it up to date right now and he doesn't even seem to have moderator status on their sub-forum. It's a shame, it's a great and very meaty (if maybe a but cluttered) mod, one of the top ones.

I haven't checked in a long time but it used to be that CK2 kept a pretty big list of patch versions that you could backdate to and it's possible the version the Warhammer mod is compatible with is available. If you use steam you can check by right-clicking ck2 in the game list and choosing Options. There should be a relevant tab in there, I don't remember precisely how it's called or what it looks like without looking myself first.
Love, scriver~

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 27, 2019, 12:35:42 am »

due to some damage/obstruction in the communications line all the neighborhood and beyond got disconnected from the internet and telephone services for almos 2 days. spent it getting back to play Age of Empires 3: Wars of Liberty Mod

Ethiopia is now one of my favourites civs, it got a fair balance between micromanagement and base building. only having it rough against shit like Japan (too much strong in the age 2 rush) as i have to rely on well placed fortificatiosn and my religious units to keep the early game military alive.

anyways, i also found that the reason i couldnt use civs from the Warchiefs expansion was due to some old bug from several years ago, back when The Asian Dynasties came up so i had to do some changes to the registry data in order to enable them in the latest expansion (and thus have them avaliable in the modded version). sadly i found out about this later after asking about the issue in the Mod's discord channel and got embarrased by one of the admins due to playing in a standalone version i got from a Torrent. shameful? yes, but i dont have the means to pay for the game officially.

but yeah, i got to test it at the end of the day and played a nice match in the Rockies against the Sioux with the Aztecs. on the bad side i discovered that they didnt really change much with the mod, they got their own gimmick for the religion mechanics (generating faith with just totems rather than with villagers praying in temples) but their home city cards are pretty much vanilla. at least they could have gotten some extra cards relating them to the Mexicans or something but with the mod being pending for a complete revision from the ground up it means they will probably get a second look.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 02, 2019, 07:14:00 am »

Just got around to setting up and turning on my laptop for the first time since I got back home, now to decide what to play.
I did bring my notes/DIY guidebook on how to play One Hour One Life back with me this time, so that could be interesting, but I was also planning on diving into some Drawception with my mouse, so as to do something other than captioning.
Hmmmmmm.   

And of course there's always Rimworld and DF, but I suck at both for various reasons, plus my computer tends to chug big time when I start up Rimworld even with my modest assortment of mods, and of course with DF I'm really kinda just frothin' for the next version.   
I wonder if the new crooks and plots mechanics will start taking place on a new world, ported over?
I feel like this update will be big enough to break save compatibility, but it'd be pretty funny if you could port an old save and suddenly across the land all these villainous types have a lightbulb moment and get down to scheming, hehe.   

@Iduno: the goose game sounds wonderful!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 02, 2019, 07:55:37 am »

Mario Kart Tour is by turns incredibly fun and really goddamn annoying. Nothing like pulling off a flawless race only to get nailed by a bob-omb one inch from the finish line and end up in 8th place. I inwardly groan to myself when GBA Bowser's Castle shows up. But no matter what course I get stuck on, I keep playing until the game stops giving me points for the day, then I keep playing some more.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 02, 2019, 09:41:43 am »

One Hour One Life
Wow, this game has gotten weird.
Not sure I can be bothered re-learning to play when many of the major changes seem to be for the worse.  :-\   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 20, 2019, 01:26:03 pm »

Whoa, nobody uses this thread anymore?

Sorry for double-posting, but I just started playing Avernum: Escape From the Pit, which I've had sitting in my Steam library for ages but don't think I've ever actually played. I'm digging it, with its old-school sound effects and the cool little illustrations that accompany skills. :)   
I also played the demo of Age of Decadence briefly yesterday, before deciding that it sucked too hard to be worth buying. Nice of 'em to offer a demo, though.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 20, 2019, 02:39:56 pm »

Path of Exile. My Necromancer is getting disgustingly strong. I've cleared a lot of content last week that I've banged my head against for years with other characters.

I've played enough PoE in the last three weeks or so, I think I'm almost sick of it again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 100