Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178537 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1170 on: January 22, 2021, 11:48:36 am »

Been playing a good deal of the Hideous Destructor mod for Doom.

It's tough, but it's also pretty fun. I like to choose the security guard loadout 'cause I'm a sucker for looting things.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 22, 2021, 04:53:38 pm »

Went back to Immaculate Patriarchate of Erevia in Stellaris.

The pirates in early 2500s can be quite strong and even successful in capturing an outpost or two,

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 01, 2021, 09:57:31 am »

Been playing Breath of the Wild on my PC, with flawless emulation and even mouse aim.

That game can be fun but also brutal.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 01, 2021, 10:02:27 am »

Breath of the Wild on PC?
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:33 am »

And with that, I've now fully 100%-100%'ed Shadow of War. All quests, collectibles, and cheevos. Even ended up getting the cursed buggy sword of entirely too much power and discovered the caragor donk on my own.

There's a lot of good in that game, and while there are certain aspects of the first one that I prefer, this is a worthy sequel and I had a lot of fun with it. But it's also buggy/glitchy as fuck and there are areas where you can really feel how it's not living up to its full potential.

Still though, I spent 120+ hours faffing about to get to this point, and I plan on spending a few more at least.

:o

How did you kill a captain while riding an olog? That’s the only thing I’m having great difficulty in doing.

(Haven't checked this thread in ages) It's honestly a fair bit of luck involved, but there are some important considerations that can help you set up the right circumstances:

• It doesn't care what level the captain is
  • The captain doesn't need to be taken from 100%-0% while on an olog, just the final blow
  • The olog can also be a captain

With that in mind, you can do things like shame someone with an olog gang down to level 1 so they die to pretty much just a stiff breeze and then hop on one of the ologs, or find an olog captain with clumsy and get them close to someone else who's been weakened, so you can just keep jumping on their back and smashing them into each other for great justice.

An olog captain's mace swinging can actually do a respectable amount of damage if it hits, but hitting is very tricky due to timing and a fairly small hitbox for the attack.

Addendum: You *might* be able to cheese it by finding someone who's mortally flammable/sickly, hitting them with their vulnerable element, and then making sure that you're riding an olog when they finally die

EDIT: Want to be a complete dick? Brand an orc, give them the "Mighty Ologs" epic trait and a gang of ologs, then shun them and shame them down to level 1. They retain Epic traits even at low levels. Then just stun one of them and hand out some slappings

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 06, 2021, 12:36:06 pm »

I wonder if you can give someone that's afraid of caragors a pack of caragors

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:43:15 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 06, 2021, 01:33:54 pm »

Breath of the Wild on PC?
From a few days ago, but there's apparently a working Wii-U emulator (cemu), that checking its wiki can run BotW to completion without too much trouble. It's not officially released PC side or nothin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 07, 2021, 05:48:22 am »

Oh, so it's sea ninja gaming. I'll have to look into it regardless. I don't want to have to buy a console just to play one game.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 07, 2021, 12:17:29 pm »

I wonder if you can give someone that's afraid of caragors a pack of caragors

So, the caragor *pack* (i.e., the "gang" made of caragors) is to my knowledge exclusive to beastmasters, who will start with it. ...and that's also the class that really makes the least use out of it, because their bestial roar ability will always summon a pack of caragors (up to a limit of current follower caragors, which the gang counts towards). If you swap it out with a different gang for the beastmaster, the first thing they'll do in combat is roar, at which point they're now being backed up by the caragors AND the gang they walked there with.

Also, the basic fear of caragors is only triggered upon being attacked by one, not when just seeing it. It needs to be a terror in order to trigger upon sight.

That said... Caragor mounts are still a thing, and there are actually certain captains who cannot be given one. I think it's mostly just those with a 'gor-related rage which are blocked, but it might be extended to fears and terrors. Can't say I've experimented with this much, as I generally don't want my captains to be riding caragors in the first place and there's no way of fully removing them from a captain that I know of :P

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 16, 2021, 12:55:50 pm »

Conqueror's Blade.
It's basically Mount and Blade strategic castle sieges, but with damage-cones instead of directional combat. Also PvP matchmaking.
Free to play, supported by a Battle Pass system. New season starts today, and there's a heavily discounted option for first-time buyers!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 16, 2021, 01:42:37 pm »

Captains riding Caragor's is mostly pointless. I swear even Captains without Beast Slayer will just rip their foe off the Caragor, get attacked and immediately synch kill it in the following animation.

Also it seems like the minute you yourself mount a Caragor and start going, the game summons a Beastmaster Captain to ambush you, so he can wreck your Caragor mount. Even if there's none in play at the moment, if it needs to generate one specifically for that it will.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 16, 2021, 05:07:33 pm »

Finished a playthrough of Vagrant Story, a game I go back to every few years or so.  On to Brave Fencer Musashi.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 18, 2021, 11:35:50 am »

Been playing Starcrawlers.

I'd recommend giving it a try, though I've heard some classes are much better/reliable than others. For instance, all the guides I've read criticize Engineer for having an extremely long setup and poor payoff (that is, by the time an Engineer has everything up and running to do mediocre damage, the other party members will have killed everything).

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 18, 2021, 05:03:43 pm »

Been playing Starcrawlers.

I'd recommend giving it a try, though I've heard some classes are much better/reliable than others. For instance, all the guides I've read criticize Engineer for having an extremely long setup and poor payoff (that is, by the time an Engineer has everything up and running to do mediocre damage, the other party members will have killed everything).

I found the random mission maps in Starcrawlers to be kind of annoying (it uses fixed maps, and shuffles around PoI, as opposed to something like a modular room system) and strategy to be simplistic. It's not a bad entry in the realm of recent-ish dungeon crawlers (though it's a fairly slim category, nowadays), but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the top.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 18, 2021, 05:24:49 pm »

I know this isn't the thread for it, but what dungeon crawlers would you recommend?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 100