Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 176843 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1335 on: April 02, 2023, 08:25:16 pm »

The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Edit: I named myself after the character whose birthday it is after the game said I couldn't name myself Sonic.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 08:28:13 pm by Iduno »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 02, 2023, 10:04:25 pm »

My name is based upon a Sonic the Hedgehog/Knuckles villain

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 04, 2023, 09:21:36 am »

Re-visited Fortresscraft Evolved. First time I tried it a few years ago ago it didn't really tickle my fancy of the moment and I forgot about it.
It's actually pretty fun though. Voxel blocks meets factorio meets tower defense.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 04, 2023, 11:59:48 pm »

I just finished Signalis, which was recommended by a friend.  Overall, I enjoyed it and thought it was well made.  The atmosphere and aesthetics are cool, though by the time I finished the game I had little idea of what was actually happening anymore.  Very intentional, and I'm sure there are dozens of YouTube videos analyzing it.

The only thing I really disliked is the inventory system.  And by disliked, I mean hated.  You can only carry 6 items at a time, and you cannot drop things.  That means that very frequently you'll find yourself in a room with a key item and no way to pick it up.  You then have to either destroy ammo, which is pretty scarce and thus a bad idea, or you have to run back to the save point to dump stuff in your safe box.  Oh, and you have to hope that no enemies come back to life in the process.  The flashlight you get takes up an inventory spot too, and after you get it you need it frequently enough that you never want to put it away, so you sort of have 5 slots.  Since ammo is rare and enemies can be tough, I usually carried 2 guns and ammo for them.  2 guns + ammo + flashlight is 5 slots, leaving just 1 for key items or a healing item.  Thankfully, the healing items are pretty generously scattered around and you're fairly tough yourself, so I eventually learned to just not carry them with me.

The limited inventory capacity means the game asks you if you're sure you want to pick something up before you do.  I eventually learned to not pick up most of the healing items I found because I'd be stuck with no way to pick up a keycard, but this has a side effect: you can't just grab stuff while running away from enemies.  A few times there are items on tables that you'd like to just grab and run, since fighting is bad whenever you can avoid it.  But... the game pops up a modal window asking if you're sure you want to grab a thing, while it is not paused, meaning you frequently take a hit before you can confirm or cancel.  My personal best was 3 hits from this.  The final boss fight was more than a little frustrating because of this.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 05, 2023, 08:30:10 am »

Edit: I named myself after the character whose birthday it is after the game said I couldn't name myself Sonic.

I'm very excited to play this.

I booted up Hacknet once again and am having an absolute ball. What a game. It's wild how exciting it can be to just type 'cd log' and 'rm *'

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 01, 2023, 03:21:58 pm »

Skyrim modding is an anecdote material. Downloaded a pack of poses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) that went along with a pack of weeb animations. It requires pose selecter, makes sense. I go to download it and am presented with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then one of the requirements turned out to conflict with something, and MOO2 is surprisingly unhelpful with pointing out what exactly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 03:25:18 pm by MCreeper »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 01, 2023, 03:55:17 pm »

I'm very excited to play this.

I booted up Hacknet once again and am having an absolute ball. What a game. It's wild how exciting it can be to just type 'cd log' and 'rm *'

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 01, 2023, 06:07:36 pm »

Tom Clancy's The Division.
So far it's  a poor looter shooter, even the costuming is poor, why  no masks ?
you have a plague story line so let me pick a gasmask, let me have a choice of gloves.
Hell just let me have blue hair, what no fancy hair dyes? well sod it i'll play darktide then an bemoan my chance to be an Escher ganger.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 02, 2023, 11:19:21 am »

It's a pretty drab game.

Although IIRC, you can get a mask? I think there's a toggle to show your face or show your mask.

The Division 2 is a little bit....more colorful? Except I couldn't get past the first mission without it crashing. :\
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 02, 2023, 10:13:19 pm »

Playing a coop TWH3 Chaos campaign with some friends. I picked Daemons of Chaos.

It's been rough. They're slow to start and expensive. Their Lord isn't great. Cool, but not great. I beat Malus Darkblade by the seat of my pants very early on and was feeling secure so I sent my Lord off through a Sea Lane to a part of the map closer to a friend and started expanding. (Since to my east was my other friend and to the west is just endless reaches of territory that aren't the Empire.)

I knew it was going to happen but Sigvald eventually declared war on me. I scrambled to get some armies together, blowing through my cash reserves that were just starting to get spicy, and fought a couple nail biter fights that I won but left me so broken I couldn't finish them off. My money was tied up in troops, and when a second army showed up and hit another settlement from a different angle my finances immediately tanked 1000 into the red. My already damaged armies started taking attrition and couldn't heal, the enemy was at my doorstep, my Lord was half a world away....oy vey.

So I had to give up some territory, which hurt my finances even further. Had to ditch half an army to stay in the green. At this point I turned my Lord around for an agonizing ~8 turn trip back to the homeland. Going into the Sea Lane, apparently, takes away ALL the global bonuses your Lord provides. So all that upkeep reduction on Daemon units? Gone. You know what DOESN'T go away when your Lord uses a Sea Lane? Their army's upkeep. So my income tanks even further. Now I have one army that I can't even fully support so I have to start letting troops go.

Luckily Sigvald's armies backed off. I'm not sure why, they'll probably be back. Kinda frustrated with this turn of events. I left two whole provinces half the world away undefended, and they're the only thing keeping me afloat. If people down there start declaring war on me.....I'm probably finished. The Daemons of Chaos economy kind of blows, I feel. Their global recruitment is super punishing in cost too, more than 2x the base cost. A setback is a setback in TWH3 but since I usually play SP campaigns, I never let things get to this point.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 10:15:53 pm by nenjin »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 04, 2023, 01:05:51 pm »

I've been on a retro game kick lately so I started playing the original Legend of Zelda on the Switch's virtual console.

I'm surprised at how it's not as totally cryptic and filled with inscrutable nonsense as I expected.  It's also surprisingly forgiving with the way continuing works.  That said, it's still pretty hard at times, and I've earned a hatred for blue darknuts in particular (which is the dumbest name that I wish they'd fixed in later games).  It still hasn't made me rage as much as Metroid did.

The biggest gripes I've had with it are how there's zero indication of where the dungeons are, and how it's evidently possible to run out of keys in some dungeons if you do them wrong and force you to go grind rupees so you can buy one from a random dude in a cave somewhere.  That's happened twice so far.  For the dungeons, I found and completed the first two pretty easily, but I spent literally 3 hours wandering around looking for the third one, only to accidentally work my way all the way to dungeon 6 before I found another one.  I finally gave up and googled it, only to learn that it was the one nondescript path I evidently neglected to explore.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 04, 2023, 03:49:33 pm »

Honkai: Star Rail. The latest free-to-play Gacha game from the makers of 'Genshin Impact' and 'Honkai Impact 3rd'.

This one breaks from their pattern of action-games, instead switching to a turn-based combat system. In my opinion they have made the change quite effectively; there are a variety of heroes and equipment options, all with unique abilities which can be mixed and matched to form an optimized team which will be effective against a variety of challenging foes.

Another aspect which really stands out in Star Rail is the creative writing. Our main protagonist seems to have a dramatic flair which they apply liberally to every mundane encounter, particularly when interacting with inanimate objects in surprisingly energized ways. It can honestly become a bit tedious at times for my ADHD brain...but whenever I'm able to focus long enough to get into it, the little stories are quite rewarding.

It's free to try if you can stomach the whole Gacha system, so I definitely recommend giving this one a shot.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 04, 2023, 03:50:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not to throw the manual in your face again, but...  :D

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 04, 2023, 04:04:29 pm »

Okay... yeah, I feel pretty dumb now.  I thought the manual only pointed out the location of the first two dungeons.  Well, now I don't feel bad for googling it since it's right there in the manual.  That also helps since I had no idea that the bracelet I picked up would let me move those objects, or that the candle could burn trees.  I'm sure I'd have gotten stuck somewhere without knowing that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 04, 2023, 05:27:08 pm »

darknut is a great name for them how dare
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 100