Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 82161 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I am a grumpy mouse. And this post is edited.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:24:28 pm by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also skimming later pages, yeah I've tha tone shot thigny. I don't want to use it thuogh because it's unblockable unless I die. :V

Also yeah, it's hammer so we should stop talking now. For some reason I thought hammer was at 5 votes.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hammertime.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:22:52 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Night 0: Just Peachy
« Reply #843 on: May 24, 2018, 11:15:59 pm »

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
hector13 -
IcyTea31 -
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - IcyTea31, hector13, Tiruin, randomgenericusername, FallacyOfUrist, BlackHeartKabal,

5 to Hammer.
Or likely because MM wasn't registered at the time of revive and the hammer count wasn't edited and people depended on the mod. Bleh. >_>

Ooooh, wait, hammerfall! That means I should redact all that loveable info and things to actually make sense of what I do and did! OH WELL. Such as sending out of game PMs or whatever NOBODY CARES. [/this is stress wording]

Also disclaimer: When I call people jerks + emoticon, it's not meant literally :v While emotions and otherwise are important (as influence) to the game, I'm more aware that these have lasting impact--whenever I write things with emoticons, they aren't the literal negative they usually mean [especially when I am stressed].
Also deleted literally everything that actually gave information because those posts post-BHK had ACTUAL INFORMATION IF I WERE ALIVE TO SAY THEM (aside from gripes at people's attitudes -_-).

And then I look back at what I edited out and see that I was being a bit lot of a mean butt. Stress has intrusive thoughts that made me a jerk. :'(

Yeah see that edit marker.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:17:08 am by Tiruin »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Night 0: Just Peachy
« Reply #844 on: May 25, 2018, 04:54:18 am »

You corner Tiruin, taking apart her car for answers.

"You won't find anything!" she yells.

She's right, but not for the reason you think.

She breaks free from the group, doing a small somersault at the same time she reaches into her jacket. Those nearest to the car hear a small fizzling noise, reacting just quick enough to avoid the chemical explosion that happens within.

She cackles (though it might've been wailing, you're not sure), nearing the outside fence before stopping, turning around and waving.

"See ya, suckers!"

And off she went.

You go through the car later. You're pretty sure that whoever she was, she wasn't the mastermind behind this. You think... You think she might've been a fangirl of some sort. Idealizing those that might actually be behind it all. But... At least you got 'er?

Tiruin has been lynched!

Tiruin was a Banshee (mafia-ally).

Vote Count
BlackHeartKabal - IcyTea31, hector13,
FallacyOfUrist - Tiruin,
hector13 -
IcyTea31 -
mightymushroom -
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin - randomgenericusername, randomgenericusername, FallacyOfUrist, BlackHeartKabal,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - mightymushroom,

4 to Hammer.

Race Modifications In Effect:
 - Hits deal 999 Durability or -25 Speed.
 - Powerup is granted whenever you knock a player out of the race.
 - Prize is becoming King tomorrow.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
randomgenericusername – 330 KM | 1st | One, Two, Five <--- Winner
FallacyOfUrist – 240 KM | 2nd | Delta
IcyTea31 – 200 KM | 5th | 1812
hector13 – 160 KM | 4th | 0
BlackHeartKabal – 120 KM | 2nd | 24
mightymushroom - 0 KM | 6th | 88
Tiruin – OUT @ 0 KM | 7th | 24601

It is now Night.

Night Ends around 10 AM CDT Monday, May 28th or whenever I get all actions.

Tiruin – Banshee
(Auto) Scream: Your abilities block the target in addition to its other effects.
(Night) Ethereal Knowledge [target]: Inspect the target. If they’re Mafia, you become Unkillable.
(Day) Phase [target]: Your become ethereal, allowing hits that are headed to you to instead hit the thrower during this Subphase.
(1-Shot) Impending Doom [target]: Foretell the doom of the target. The target dies after one Cycle and cannot be protected. The target knows they will die.

Car
Speed: 115 KPH
Durability: 5 hits
(Day) Herald of Death [target]: Choose a player that is out of the race and swap their place with yourself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:03:48 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two more deaths to punctuate this game.

It's gotten to a point where the flavor text no longer fits. Everything's inconsistent with the reality of the situation.

All is lost.

A stand-off has just emerged. Four people stand in a dark void, surrounded only by a glorious rainbow track. The most gruesome track of all.

randomgenericusername holds control today. This game is far from over, and yet it is nearly decided.

But for whom? How will this game end?

Clock's ticking...

hector13 has been killed!

hector13 was Consistency (town).

IcyTea31 has been killed!

IcyTea31 was Mikhail Kutuzov (mafia).

randomgenericusername has become King for the Day!

Vote Count
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
mightymushroom -
randomgenericusername -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - randomgenericusername,

1 to Hammer.

- Hits deal -999 Durability or -999 Speed.
 - Prize is a daykill.

randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 1st | One, Two, Five
FallacyOfUrist – 0 KM | 1st | Delta
BlackHeartKabal – 0 KM | 1st | 24
mightymushroom - 0 KM | 1st | 88

It is now Morning.

Morning Ends around 10 AM CDT Wednesday, May 29th. Day Ends when randomgenericusername hammers.

hector13 - Consistency
(Auto) Ridiculous Consistency: The first time Day 1 ends, repeat Day 1. If the same player is not lynched, you gain 1 Flux. If the same player does not win the race, you gain 1 Flux.
(Auto) Unstable: Consistency is hard to maintain. Whenever your Flux surpasses 3, you die. If you do nothing at Night, your Flux reduces by 1.
(Day) Con the Consistency [target/self]: The target cannot be lynched. Gain 1 Flux.
(Night) Re-diculous [target]: Give the target a 1-shot Revive. Gain 1 Flux.

Car
Speed: 110 KPH
Durability: 3 hits
(Auto) Consistent Speed: Each stack of Flux gives you an additional 10 KPH.
(Day) Flux Capacitor: Gain 142 KPH during this Day Subphase. Gain 1 Flux.

IcyTea31 - Mikhail Kutuzov
(Auto, Mafiakill) Military Strategist: Your military prowess grants you additional Mafiakill usage. If no one uses a Mafiakill action, you can choose to automatically attack your target, a random target, a random player that actions your target, or a random player that targets you, in any order, in addition to your normal Night action. This cannot target multiple players nor any player aligned with you, and does not show up as an action you’ve taken.
(Night) Combative Status [target]: Learn one of the following from the target: A random action, their role name, or a car ability.
(Any) Tactical Retreat [target]: You withdraw the target from the frontlines, protecting them from kill actions.

Car
Speed: 100 KPH
Durability: 4 hits
(Auto) Trained Professional: You can hit two players each Day Subphase.
(Day) Dodge: Avoid all hits this Subphase.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day -2: Two Down is Right
« Reply #846 on: May 29, 2018, 08:02:27 am »

mightymushroom.

And that's hammer.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day -2: Two Down is Right
« Reply #847 on: May 29, 2018, 08:04:04 am »

An intriguing development.

(Huh, ninja'd. Do I need to redact a "Bah!" after a hammer?)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The day ends uneventfully.

randomgenericusername has chosen death.

mightymushroom is brought before the Queen, dragged across the empty void. Away from the race track, away from the cars, away from those that could save her. She scrambles, claws, kicks, screams...

mightymushroom has nowhere to hide, now that the towering figure's shadow has enveloped everything meaningful. randomgenericusername's crown glistens in the light of the deteriorating track. Pieces begin to form into a large red robe, blown back by an explosion of mightymushroom's car. randomgenericusername withdraws a golden scepter from nowhere, and in a single motions, disintegrates mightymushroom to nowhere.

The Queen sits in the fading light of the car-fire that illuminates the void.

She has chosen death.

mightymushroom has been lynched!

mightymushroom was Poison Ivy (sk).

FallacyofUrist has been killed!

FallacyofUrist was the Busdriver (outsider).

Vote Count
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
mightymushroom - randomgenericusername,
randomgenericusername -
No Lynch -

Not Voting -

1 to Hammer.

- Hits deal -999 Durability or -999 Speed.
 - Prize is a daykill.

randomgenericusername – 125 KM | 1st | One, Two, Five <--- WINNER
FallacyOfUrist – 120 KM | 2nd | Delta
BlackHeartKabal – 115 KM | 3rd | 24
mightymushroom - 0 KM | 4th | 88

The queen silently mourns the fallen comrades that had gotten her this far. Her ears go back, and she closes her eyes for a second.

She holds out her hand for BlackHeartKabal, her excitement uncontainable. Her tail flails wildly.

Except...

BlackHeartKabal doesn't move closer.

BlackHeartKabal's cat eyes lock intently upon the Queen.

"You have chosen."

It is now Night.

FallacyOfUrist - The Busdriver
(Auto) Fare: Actions may be freely given to you.
(Day) Bus [target]: You pick up the target at the end of the Day, forcing them into a Quicktopic with you. They cannot action nor be actioned by anyone except you. You may then choose to use one of three actions:
-   (Night) Catgirl [target]: You transform the player into a Catgirl. You may choose for this to be BAD or GOOD.
-   (Night) Hijack [target]: You remove the target’s vote during the next Day Phase.
-   (1-Shot, Night) Ditch [target]: You kill the target. Only you are told what their role is.

Car
Speed: 120 KPH
Durability: 2 hits
(Auto) Children on Board: Anyone that hits you is also hit. Probably by one of the catgirls stashed inside the bus.

Mightymushroom - Poison Ivy
(Auto) Death Talks: You are able to commune with the dead.
(Auto) Poison Ivy: Whenever you target a player, leave a small Bud.
(Night) Vine Control [target]: All actions that target you this Phase are redirected to the target instead. If the target is already Budded, you may also control who that player targets.
(1-Shot) Full Bloom: Kill all players that have been Budded and remove the Buds. This automatically triggers and Reloads if all players have been Budded.

Car
Speed: 0 KPH
Durability: 0 hits
(Auto) Rooted: Your car is rooted in place and cannot move nor can it ever be taken out. Your Hits hit twice.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Night -2: Endgame
« Reply #849 on: May 29, 2018, 02:29:21 pm »

The two catgirls face each other, a crumbling rainbow of particle roadway disassembling itself a ways off.

BlackHeartKabal moves first and quickly, almost vanishing from sight due to her catlike Agility! There's no way anyone would be able to kill her easily, and she's keeping herself well protected with that Tail of hers.

randomgenericusername isn't without foresight, though. With some ingenuity and being a little Depraved with Good Intentions, she immediately dives for the corpse of IcyTea31, shielding herself from the initial blow. The corpse explodes, shredding into a mist of blood and gore, but ultimately keeping randomgenericusername alive... But not uninjured. A large gash has appeared on her abdomen, and it's quickly looking fatal. BlackHeartKabal shudders a little bit, and suddenly you see her sharpening her Claws with her teeth.

randomgenericusername is on the defensive. She throws her red robe away, hiding herself from BlackHeartKabal's vision. She meow tries Something Catpletely Different...

"Mew don't have to do this," randomgenericusername yells from behind the veil. "You can turn tail right meow."

BlackHeartKabal finishes her impromptu grooming, tearing the robe down to see something Completely Unexpected. randomgenericusername takes a fighting stance now dressed fully in a racing suit. She flicks up the visor and nyas~~<3.

BlackHeartKabal unleashes a furry of blows, most of which are knocked away effortlessly, but the few that do make it passed randomgenericusername's defense are staggering, leaving sizable cracks in both the helmet and visor. BlackHeartKabal gets a nasty uppercut on the helmet, leaving randomgenericusername temporarily blinded... And wide open. BlackHeartKabal slashes her midsection to shreds.

Or she had planned to. Unfortunately, her newly sharpened claws find themselves embedded deep inside randomgenericusername's torso. BlackHeartKabal looks down at her trapped nails to find shredded tire underneath the uniform. randomgenericusername recovers, slamming her paws on BlackHeartKabal's hands, shattering her claws and sending BlackHeartKabal winding, her screams echoing throughout the void as blood drips from the newly-formed wounds.

But the blood loss starts to hit randomgenericusername. She was weakening, and the world had gotten a crazy idea to spin on her, causing her to lose her balance. She looks down at the claws that still lie tangled in the rubber armor that had saved her.

BlackHeartKabal continues to clutch her wounded hands. She begins to slow her ragged breathing, walking over to where randomgenericusername had collapsed.

randomgenericusername looks up into her eyes. "Do you furrender yet?" She coughs up a little blood before giving a slight smile.

"A slight miscatculation." And randomgenericusername, the Catgirl Spanish Inquisition, was removed from play.

BlackHeartKabal, the Catgirl Knight of Obligation, begins to look at the destruction around her. These mafiosi had had far too much leeway in their race-murders.

She turns to walk away. Something from far away snaps, as her foot encounters a small string. Around her boot seem to be her Re-purposed Claws, tied to a long string that ends in... IcyTea31's remains.

'Had he thought this far ahead? I guess that's what you get from a Military Strategist.'

BlackHeartKabal gets one last laugh before she's sent to the graveyard in a mushroom cloud.

BlackHeartKabal has been killed!

BlackHeartKabal was the Catgirl Knight of Obligation (sk).

randomgenericusername has been killed!

randomgenericusername was the Catgirl Spanish Inquisition (mafia).

Game over. BlackHeartKabal (sk), mightymushroom (sk), and FallacyofUrist (outsider) have won.

BlackHeartKabal - Catgirl Knight of Obligation
(Auto) Catculated Duel: Whenever you have your Catknightly Abilities: Claws, Agility, and Tail, you may kill a player as a Free action. This kill is unblockable. Additionally, all of your abilities count as Mafiakills in addition to their original type.
(Day) Pounce [target]: You tap the target with your vehicle and then pounce on them. You steal their car for the remainder of the Day and remove them from the race. Gain a Catknightly Ability.
(Night) Execute [target]: You stop the target and ask for a toll. The cost, of course, is their life. Gain a Catknightly Ability.

Car
Speed: 120 KPH
Durability: 2 hits
(Auto) Drift: Whenever you are behind another player, your car accelerates an additional 25 KPH.

randomgenericusername - The Catgirl Spanish Inquisition
(Auto) Completely Unexpected: Your actions cannot be redirected, randomized, or modified except by you.
(Auto) Depraved With Good Intentions: You can use the Mafiakill abilities of other players as if they were your own.
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Catgirl Inquisitor [target x2]: Kill the targets.
(Night) And Meow for Something Catpletely Different [target]: Remove an ability from the target and gain a new one based of their role.

Car
Speed: 125 KPH
Durability: 0 hits
(0-Shot, Day) Grand Inquisitor [target]: If you are in first place, you can remove another player from the race. This ability is announced in thread.
(Day) Holy Hand Grenade [target x(1-3)]: Hit up to three targets with holy hand grenades.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:50:15 pm by webadict »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

A joint win by serial killers?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that ends the game. I'm gonna be honest, I probably gave the mafia a lot of power. They had a lot of extra tools, and a third teammate. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I also short-sighted hector13 a little bit, and I completely think he's a bit justified in feeling robbed a little bit, as I did word it poorly. Buuut, I also got an 11 from him... It's a dick move, but a webadick move, so maybe I should've done better there.

Also, I think I might remove third parties when they win next time... I'm unsure, as I wasn't expecting FallacyofUrist to succeed so easily, and not just that, but ALSO succeed by the first Night. Oh well. Learning is fun.

Otherwise, it wasn't too bad. Some people had more power than others, and I was very lacking in the update department. I apologize to everyone for that.

If you have any criticism (and there's a lot to be had), feel free to do so now! I'm actually hoping you all at least had fun, and that your role was something akin to what you wanted, even if they weren't all scaled the best.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

It was a fun game. I gotta admit, I lucked out, though.
Deadchat, pms, actions?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A joint win by serial killers?
I let too many people kill people near the end. I actually tried to limit the number of kills this game (As well as the number of revives, but different story), and let them happen with Catgirlification, if it happened. The resurrection at the end was because I happened to roll a 99 on the 100 Alignmeter.

You had both a powerful and very limiting role, BHK, and with the limiters removed by becoming a Catgirl, you pretty won because the Mafia were convinced you were a Survivor. Had they lynched you the Day before, it was actually 100% guaranteed the Mafia would've won.

It was a fun game. I gotta admit, I lucked out, though.
Deadchat, pms, actions?
Mafiachat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/gmWgDGUpm6Xn
Deadchat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/drCbv3kuZ6a

List of actions (mostly, sometimes they aren't all accounted for):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I noticed that the game didn't end, I realized I had screwed up horribly. We shouldn't have protected BHK and kept him alive, we believed he was truly a survivor. Also I freaked when I saw that Tiruin had a kill ability and planned to get her lynched as quick as possible, even more after she targeted FoU, the third I wanted to side with. Then she flipped mafia-ally and I felt like an horrible person.

At least I got to take out BHK with me, but since he was a sk, he still won.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59