Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.11] Dwarf Fortress: The World of Flesh 1.15 (Alpha)  (Read 3394 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[44.11] Dwarf Fortress: The World of Flesh 1.15 (Alpha)
« on: April 12, 2018, 05:20:45 pm »

In a distant place, far beyond, behind, or sideways to our own existence, or perhaps all three, there is the Flesh. A seemingly endless plain of powdered chitin, fused bones, pulsing organs, and keratin spires. A world where not one thing does not grow and thrive, where cold, dead stone and stagnant metal cannot be found. It is a strange reality, yes, and filled with many dangers, but it is a livable one nonetheless. It inhabitants, the freakish and gruesome folk who hardly look different from the ground they walk on, spread across its surface and dig into its body, taking abandoned materials and reshaping them into tools, homes, and weapons. For despite their looks, they are much like us. They make war, love, play, and other such things that characterize us thinking, soul-blessed beings. Well, most of them anyway. For you see, a disease has come to prey upon the Flesh. A rot the likes of which even the old, indolent empires of the prior age had never seen. It took one of the clan-species for its own, molded them into decaying servitors spouting nonsense-language and filled with a mindless hate and cruelty. Through them it spreads its influence, bringing ever more of the living realm under its decomposing rule. And of course, much like us, the inhabitants of the Flesh do not intend to go down without a fight. So who will survive, I wonder? Will the old, decadent empires, little more than squatters sitting in the ruins of their great fortresses, ride out the storm? Will the rising clans, those who have yet to augment themselves into the terrifying demigods the ancient cultures have become, finally reach their own apotheosis? Will the savage, chittering tribes of the primitive barbarians, who shape the bloody veins and bone spikes of the world to their will, overtake their competition at last? Or will the rot have its way with this distant reality, turning it into an endless testament to entropy's power? I know not, to tell you the truth. For in the Flesh, evolution and change are the only constants, and those foolish enough to think they can ignore this rule will find themselves as prey to the ones that do not.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the World of Flesh?

Its a total conversion mod for dwarf fortress that reworks the world into a biological landscape of fleshcrafting and organic horrors. Right now its very bare-bones but I'm publishing it anyway because feedback and bugtesting could be useful. Right now there are 6 playable factions, and more may or may not be added as the mod progresses. For the most part it should be stable and playable, if a bit empty.

Download: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13676
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog:

1.15 Changes:
-Updated to 44.11

1.1 Changes:
-New insectoid race added
-Updated to 44.10.

1.0 Changes:

-World of Flesh released.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 03:50:31 pm by squamous »
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.09] Dwarf Fortress: The World of Flesh 1.0 (Alpha)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 11:39:16 pm »

downloading

16thOverlord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [44.11] Dwarf Fortress: The World of Flesh 1.15 (Alpha)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 12:53:41 am »

Love this mod!!! please dont forget about it :)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 11:43:12 am »

Reading the synopsis, this mod reminds me of Scorn (Idk if its out yet). Genius premises for DF, this definitely needs an update!

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 07:03:37 pm »

This mod sounds horribly nightmarish and will probably give me bad dreams for a few months. Just the experiance I was looking for. Downloading
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 03:08:47 am »

"Bleak worlds will have worm people living in giant world-creatures being dropped into pits of blood" ...or something like that /Tarn Adams

PTW