Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Waterwell/Magmawell ?  (Read 3341 times)

Lesseps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Waterwell/Magmawell ?
« on: April 13, 2018, 08:16:40 am »

So I've built Waterwell, channelled space around it, and then I'm trying to run the reaction at any direction, but nothing happens. Reaction is still listed, no change. I play with aquifers turned off, might that be the case? And if so, will turning them back on help? Update: I've also tried Magmawell and it doesn't seem to work as well. Rather strange, are those features broken now?

Playing latest MWDF, downloaded from here.

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of the steelflame fort
    • View Profile
Re: Waterwell/Magmawell ?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:35:17 pm »

i think the magma/water spawns under the well, i think you need open space below it. but you dont need to have a hole for it, just build it, turn it on, and if there is open space UNDER it that is where the magma starts.

been playing around with magmawells too, still monkeying around with them.
("Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
I'm 99% sure this is how Resident Evil started.)

("A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration")

("I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.")

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:18:48 am »

i think the magma/water spawns under the well, i think you need open space below it. but you dont need to have a hole for it, just build it, turn it on, and if there is open space UNDER it that is where the magma starts.

been playing around with magmawells too, still monkeying around with them.

Not anymore, it spawns an aquifer on the center tile of the direction chosen. Aquifers turned off should not affect this.

I think the script was broken at some point. Do you have errors in the dfhack window when someone goes to the well and run the reaction?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:20:58 am by Boltgun »

Lesseps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:32:37 am »

The thing is, no one ever comes and reaction is never considered (A)ctive for that matter. Even if I mark it with "Do the task now!" none of my 50 dwarves ain't do crap about it. Does this reaction consume something? Like blood of the mountains gem or tears of armok gem? Cause it consumed one during the construction and that's it.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:37:56 am »

The reactions use the pump operator labor, assign a few and you should have it working.

Lesseps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:11:17 am »

Damit, who could've known. Already abandoned my previous world, but I will try this out in the next one and tell you if it works. Thanks!

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 08:56:11 pm »

Also, after many worlds of testing LOL, it appears that the Wells spawn the "aquifers" at the Z layer below the well of ALL blocks in the chosen direct, not just the ones touching the workshop if it would be on that level. That's what I got anyways, Boltgun might have more specifics about it.