Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

DF tabletop

(1/12) > >>

Disgrunt:
I've done some google-fu, and never really been satisfied by any answers I found.

Has anyone ever played a DF inspired tabletop game? What system?

Do you guys think Barbarians of Lemuria would make a good system for it? I think in that way, it leaves a lot of the fine mechanics of a game like DF to the creativity and discretion of the players and DM.

Link to rules (not pirated, their free): http://barbariansoflemuria.webs.com/bol_rules.pdf

Any other systems you guys would try/have tried?

Xyon:
I've never really seen any DF table top attempts. There are many aspects of DF you could try to bring to TT.   Do you just make it a pure combat game? Do you make it a fortress building/upgrading type game with resource harvesting? Try to do it all?

Disgrunt:
That's what I liked about BoL - there are distinct phases where you adventure and then must spend money to advance your character. The way I thought of it, that this could be applied to a fortress or civilization/holdings of the characters within the fortress.

CyberianK:
We need a board with over 137 z levels

The real Four Dimensional Chess :)

Xyon:
I feel like the old DF stat system, strength, agility, toughness, would be good for a board game, as they would be between levels 1 to 6. And its not too many stats as to be unmanageable if you had say... 20 dwarfs on the table?  Maybe a "mind" or "happiness" stat that goes up or down, emotional tantrum chance when it gets too low or reaches zero.

There's about six quality levels, so that fits easy into a game if you wanted to include gear quality.    Skill levels would probably need simplified, 6 or 10 total skill levels would be nice and even for a board game. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version