Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One hour one life  (Read 1456 times)

fireground42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
One hour one life
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:36:27 pm »

Just found this game recently, basically the premise is you are either born a baby to another player, or as a young woman in the wilderness(eve) and try to survive your lifetime(an hour). Once you die, you leave everything you've made to the next generation of players.

The Games website:http://onehouronelife.com/
The wikis starting guide:https://onehouronelife.gamepedia.com/Starting_Guide

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One hour one life
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 03:00:31 pm »

"1,071,740 lives lived for a total of 156,305 hours"... that means the average person lives 15% of their lifespan, or 9 minutes. Since one minute is equivalent to one year, 60 years is a full life, and childhood mortality seems to be thriving!

This seems like the kind of project that seems awesome at first, then you start playing, and realize that people are jerks.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:14:49 am »

Found out about this the other day on another forum, bought it today and... I love it. This is one game I am determined to learn to play properly.

I feel like it's definitely worth the price of admission from what I've seen so far. Anyone else playing it? I'm shocked that there hasn't been more interest from Bay12, it's pretty much the ultimate survival game.

Once I get better at the basics, I'll be sure to try starting a DF-themed dynasty to go down through the ages. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 03:08:26 am »

I really love it.  Thought-provoking and challenging. 

I just wish that the time passed a little more slowly (two hours one life?) ... if you're born into a well-established society life is already moving at a pretty frenetic pace.  And if you're born into the wilderness, it's just a mad sprint for survival with utterly no respite. 

Anyone else getting into this?  It's brilliant!
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."