Finally... > Creative Projects

Untold Lore v0.1

(1/5) > >>

Araph:
What is Untold Lore?
Untold Lore is a web app that helps organize setting information. It's essentially a wiki that's specialized for worldbuilding, but it also has a few useful tools like NPC generators. And by that I mean one useful tool: an NPC generator. More will be added over time.

How does it work?
You organize by civilizations, then by locations within civilizations, then by people and places at specific locations, and so forth. You can also link between entities (people and places and such) in descriptions, just like a regular wiki.

Currently it allows you to track people, places, civilizations, organizations, items, and events.

Can it do <thing>?
Probably not, but tell me if you think it'd be useful and I'll add it to the to-do list.

Link to project.
Link to Trello board for project.

Urist McScoopbeard:
very cool! Checking it out as I type.

EDIT: Are all settings public as soon as you make them? JK, I should read more.

EDIT2: Dude thank you so much for this, even for non pen and paper stuff, this is incredibly useful to keep my world building attempts organized!

EDIT3: Please keep working on this AND could we get a map category?

Araph:
Glad you like it! I'm definitely planning on adding in maps - in fact, there are already fields in the database for location coordinates. I just need to create a UI to display them in relation to other locations.

...And now that I type that out, I just realized that I'm actually going to need to change the database schema if we need the ability to create multiple maps. It'll be a simple fix, though.

Harry Baldman:
I did the signup thing and noticed that when I log in, the Oriel setting doesn't appear to have anything on it anymore.

EDIT 1: As for features that'd be handy, perhaps a feature that puts events on a timeline based on a time value assigned to them? That'd be pretty cool to put after-session reports on for later review.

EDIT 2: Also when you edit something and press Apply everything disappears within the entries? I dunno what happened there but it'd be good if it didn't.

EDIT 3: Yeah, it looks like the Apply button broke the thing entirely - I can't see anything I've written in after the first time I pressed it, and when I make it public everything reappears, but I can't edit or add anything.

EDIT 4: Fixed itself by logging in and out? Suppose that's all right then.

But yeah, I think what I'd like to see from this is the ability to organize locations, people, items and events, maybe give them tags and so forth that I can then search by to get what I need. It'd only need to outcompete Roll20's note-taking functionality which is fairly trivial, but it'd be great if it was actually efficient to work with in some capacity when a campaign of a certain length is likely to have dozens upon dozens of disparate entries to look through.

Cathar:
....wow. My only concern is ; is it stable ? This is the thing I need for my own projects; so I'm likely to spend a lot of work in, and I would really hate to see it disapear. Being able to show pictures would be really good too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version