Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Badlly Distracted  (Read 3506 times)

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Badlly Distracted
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 10:43:25 pm »

I mean, you're going to need plenty of stone blocks if you plan to build anything on the surface, wall off bits of the caverns, etc, so you may as well take advantage of them to improve your dwarves' skills and mood. It's not like the blocks are useless trash.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 06:51:59 am »

If you dont mind trickery you can smoothe stone, carve tracks, and then smoothe over the tracks again in a never ending loop.  I'm not entirely sure if this would fill the need or train the skill very well, but it is something that can be done without expanding your dug out area if you already have a nice unused cave spot to use.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 09:01:34 am »

If you dont mind trickery you can smoothe stone, carve tracks, and then smoothe over the tracks again in a never ending loop.  I'm not entirely sure if this would fill the need or train the skill very well, but it is something that can be done without expanding your dug out area if you already have a nice unused cave spot to use.
At the cost of masterwork defacement shock or micro management as you avoid the masterworks tiles (at which time the "resource" is no longer unlimited).

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 09:26:34 am »

I would think any dwarf with engraving skill high enough would probably be used for actual long-lasting engravings on dining halls or whatever.  And low skill dwarfs could do a little carving to get craft satisfaction without running the risk of masterwork.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 11:40:57 am »

Even relatively low skilled dorfs occasionally produce masterworks.
Pages: 1 [2]